Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page >

ExtremeOnlineStore | C6 Z06 Front Splitter Ground Effect - Best Price|Free Shipping

C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ExtremeOnlineStore | C6 Z06 Front Splitter Ground Effect - Best Price|Free Shipping

Old 03-21-2019, 09:34 PM
96solo
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Very thin Carbon Fiber!

I received your ZR-1 Splitter and side skirts today for my street C-6 Z-06. They were package very well and they better be!

I'm a racer and if I intended to used these on my racing Corvette, I'm sure they would have been toast within the first 20 minute practice session. They are soooo paper thin!!! Yes, we all like items added to the Corvette to be light, but these will flex way too much!

I got the expensive Carbon Fiber Set expecting a high quality product. I took photos of the actual fasteners used on a factory ZR-1 at Barrett/ Jackson Auction to see what was used. Chevrolet used a hex head with a large washer face to secure their splitters. Yours get supplied little phillips head screws with small washer face begging to crack later.

I wish I could say I was pleased, but I may have lay glass cloth it these to keep them from breaking, or expect at buying them again real soon when then get nudged of hit by a rock off a tire.

Darrell J. Covert
2008 NASA-Az TTS Championship
#96 Corvette Z06R
Old 03-22-2019, 07:32 AM
BWF07
CF Senior Member

Liked 125 Times in 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by 96solo View Post
I received your ZR-1 Splitter and side skirts today for my street C-6 Z-06. They were package very well and they better be!

I'm a racer and if I intended to used these on my racing Corvette, I'm sure they would have been toast within the first 20 minute practice session. They are soooo paper thin!!! Yes, we all like items added to the Corvette to be light, but these will flex way too much!

I got the expensive Carbon Fiber Set expecting a high quality product. I took photos of the actual fasteners used on a factory ZR-1 at Barrett/ Jackson Auction to see what was used. Chevrolet used a hex head with a large washer face to secure their splitters. Yours get supplied little phillips head screws with small washer face begging to crack later.

I wish I could say I was pleased, but I may have lay glass cloth it these to keep them from breaking, or expect at buying them again real soon when then get nudged of hit by a rock off a tire.

Darrell J. Covert
2008 NASA-Az TTS Championship
#96 Corvette Z06R
Remember the old saying, you get what you pay for. I have the side skirts on my '07 and I used a larger hex head self tapping anchor screw. I really did not expect these to be a product that would add downforce and I think most of us know that downforce really isn't an issue with a street car. I did have their splitter and mine never fit right so I threw it away and got a much more expensive one for another online supplier. I had to wait 7 weeks to receive it, and the attachment screws were not what I would consider sufficient, so I used the same as I used on the skirts. Also if I wanted a real downforce splitter I would also add a lot of reinforcement to the bumper cover where the splitter attaches.

Here is mine with the splitter and side skirts.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:30 AM
96solo
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by BWF07 View Post
Remember the old saying, you get what you pay for. I have the side skirts on my '07 and I used a larger hex head self tapping anchor screw. I really did not expect these to be a product that would add downforce and I think most of us know that downforce really isn't an issue with a street car. I did have their splitter and mine never fit right so I threw it away and got a much more expensive one for another online supplier. I had to wait 7 weeks to receive it, and the attachment screws were not what I would consider sufficient, so I used the same as I used on the skirts. Also if I wanted a real downforce splitter I would also add a lot of reinforcement to the bumper cover where the splitter attaches.

Here is mine with the splitter and side skirts.

Yes, you're right the attachments will not do the job correctly. I thinking of sending them back, or fill the back side with foam and attached some race-based Difold, which is very strong heat treated light aluminum sandwiched PU, underneath it and extend it to give it protection. and make them a real splitter. I want it to look nice, but be functional and long lasting. I saw a guy barely touch something with these at a car show in Scottsdale last month and cried seeing it cracked. The longer I think about it, the more disappointed I become. I guess it comes from my race experience and seeing thousands of splitters in my day.

Last edited by 96solo; 03-22-2019 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-19-2019, 11:40 AM
ExtremeOnlineStore
Supporting Vendor

Liked 23 Times in 22 Posts

PM Replied

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ExtremeOnlineStore | C6 Z06 Front Splitter Ground Effect - Best Price|Free Shipping

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: