C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight replacement Atlanta!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 06:16 PM
*Trip*
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Headlight replacement Atlanta!

I've received my new led headlights and ready to get a pro install....
Atlanta people! If you have had these done, give me some feedback.... Cost of labor, quality of the install crew and overall feedback on the product...
Top Notch in Lawrenceville gave me a ball park of $275 if everything is truly plug and play... I have a friend that has had some custom stuff done there on his Porsche so I know they do work on some high end cars.... But they sound very suspect of these aftermarket lights? Which doesn't give me the best feeling...
So I'd love to have a local C6 owner that has already an install done so the shop is familiar with the process....

And even if you are not local Atl.... What did it cost and how are the results?

Old 09-20-2018, 06:31 PM
Ssnobrakes
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by *Trip*
Atlanta people! If you have had these done, give me some feedback.... Cost of labor, quality of the install crew and overall feedback on the product...
Top Notch in Lawrenceville gave me a ball park of $275 if everything is truly plug and play... I have a friend that has had some custom stuff done there on his Porsche so I know they do work on some high end cars.... But they sound very suspect of these aftermarket lights? Which doesn't give me the best feeling...
So I'd love to have a local C6 owner that has already an install done so the shop is familiar with the process....

My stock headlights are in good shape so I cant give you any info on that, but I can tell you that "Buy A Vette" has a very good service department and they might be able to do it for you. Talk to Kevin the service manager. Their prices are reasonable and I have been happy with the services I have had done there. They are right off I-85 at Chamblee Tucker road. If you go to the service department don't be fooled by their little office area. Downstairs is a 1st rate garage that does work on any Vette you can think of.
The following users liked this post:
corvette312 (09-20-2018)
Old 09-21-2018, 02:09 PM
*Trip*
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ssnobrakes
My stock headlights are in good shape so I cant give you any info on that, but I can tell you that "Buy A Vette" has a very good service department and they might be able to do it for you. Talk to Kevin the service manager. Their prices are reasonable and I have been happy with the services I have had done there. They are right off I-85 at Chamblee Tucker road. If you go to the service department don't be fooled by their little office area. Downstairs is a 1st rate garage that does work on any Vette you can think of.

Thanks for the input.... Seemed like a great idea since they only work on Vettes, but I Talked with them at Buy a Vette service and the receptionist said they only work with factory parts?
There are no factory parts for almost any vette unless it's brand new? Kinda blew me off and also said they were booked up for several weeks, but if I needed a tune up, call for an appointment... Hehe....
Old 09-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

I might try a custom shop somewhere that will handle Corvettes. There's one in downtown Woodstock "L(something)", I know they work on 'vettes' but that's all I know about them. Or try (gasp) one of the dealers. This is a fairly easy DIY so I don't think you have look for the "perfect" shop..

Check this out and you might try it yourself.

Last edited by Dutch08; 09-21-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:18 PM
Caveman74
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Do it yourself. Takes around an hour. Its all plug and play, look at the Youtube
Old 09-21-2018, 03:57 PM
*Trip*
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Caveman74
Do it yourself. Takes around an hour. Its all plug and play, look at the Youtube
I've looked at the YouTube stuff of how to remove them.... Pretty sure I can handle that...
It's getting the body panels lined back up that I'm worried about.....
I've always been better at demolition than construction... Hehe...
But I do have a very knowledgeable friend with a z06 that would gladly help....
And I've seen a few people that have an issue getting the bucket seated correctly, leaving a gap near the top....
So I was hoping that maybe another local person had already paid for an install, and the shop was familiar with these....
Because a few places have said that "all these aftermarket lights can be fitment and wiring problems" but I haven't seen anything to be concerned about from feedback of other installs...

I noticed you are Atlanta area, did you replace yours?
Old 09-21-2018, 04:33 PM
Caveman74
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I've looked at the YouTube stuff of how to remove them.... Pretty sure I can handle that...
It's getting the body panels lined back up that I'm worried about.....
I've always been better at demolition than construction... Hehe...
But I do have a very knowledgeable friend with a z06 that would gladly help....
And I've seen a few people that have an issue getting the bucket seated correctly, leaving a gap near the top....
So I was hoping that maybe another local person had already paid for an install, and the shop was familiar with these....
Because a few places have said that "all these aftermarket lights can be fitment and wiring problems" but I haven't seen anything to be concerned about from feedback of other installs...

I noticed you are Atlanta area, did you replace yours?
I was the first person to get the new headlights. The video with the Orange car is mine. I sold them a few months ago, and reinstalled my stocks with fresh lenses.
Body panels will be nothing to worry about. You only take out a few screws on the fenders and I didnt take off my front bumper I took all the top bolts and left the lowers on. Hardest part was getting to some of the bolts and finding them. Its not hard at all.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:09 AM
*Trip*
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Caveman74
I was the first person to get the new headlights. The video with the Orange car is mine. I sold them a few months ago, and reinstalled my stocks with fresh lenses.
Body panels will be nothing to worry about. You only take out a few screws on the fenders and I didnt take off my front bumper I took all the top bolts and left the lowers on. Hardest part was getting to some of the bolts and finding them. Its not hard at all.
I've been in this town for years with this inferno and never seen another....... Yours looked great with the LED, and the black buckets really work with the orange ....... So why the quick change back, to the stock assembly? (still orange inside?) Any specific issues? I was always planning to at least paint the insides dark after seeing how dramatic the difference is.... But when these were offered I was happy to see a fresh redesign towards the one part of the C7 that I love....

Last edited by *Trip*; 09-22-2018 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:36 PM
rob62
Safety Car

Received 1,733 Likes on 874 Posts

You can do it but it's a bit of a pain and will take more than an hour. Fun to learn a little about how your car is built.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:42 PM
jbripps
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi - I know I can search, but what new lights are you referring to? The shot above looks great. Would be great if you can post a link please....thank you!
Jon
Old 09-25-2018, 12:36 AM
*Trip*
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jbripps
Hi - I know I can search, but what new lights are you referring to? The shot above looks great. Would be great if you can post a link please....thank you!
Jon
Yes.... Same as pictured on the silver......
Several forum vendors are selling these..... Umnitza, Morimoto, etc....
All reports so far seem like it's a good product.....was just hoping there was a local shop that had already installed them because I would rather have a good pro install ship that had experience auth this product than jump in to a project of removing body parts that I'm not familiar wth.....
I'm sure we could handle it, but I didn't mind paying a fair price to a pro....

Old 09-25-2018, 12:56 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Try to locate a corvette club in your area and ask them ho they would use. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:40 AM
jbripps
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by enventr
Try to locate a corvette club in your area and ask them ho they would use. Good luck.

Thanks fellas, I located it, the thread with the group buy for the Morimoto is interesting....
Jon

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight replacement Atlanta!

Quick Reply: Headlight replacement Atlanta!