C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads just done at American Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 03:27 PM
LTVN68
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Heads just done at American Heritage

Kohle Heimlich and crew at American Heritage Performance in Harbor City, CA.....just next to Long Beach.....just finished my upgraded heads last week. I was a few thousandths from meeting Chevy’s warranty wear specs so was on board for the full bill well over $5,000. Kohle, who is one of the finest people around, said that my valves were showing wear in the march towards failure but did not quite meet the specs. I am delighted that I can once again enjoy the car without worrying about anytime engine failure.....so the money was worth it! I have my Z back! ( 2011, ZO6/ZO7, carbon fiber, black on black, 10,000 miles )
Anyway, if you saw my other post, I mentioned that it appears the stigma of the heads in LS7 Zs have caused the owners to either spend $5,000, risk driving with the possibility of engine loss and a $20,000 bill, or get the heads done under warranty if they are out of spec....but Chevy just replaces the existing heads with another set if same.
So, I wrote Chevy and just got a call back from the “executive offices”. The lady was very nice. Thanked me for being a loyal Chevy customer and then basically told me to shove it. Too bad that I did not abuse the car so as to further wear the heads for the warranty to kick in. So.....maybe, if you have extended warranty, check the heads before you go to AHP to make sure you have reached the failure specs.
Regardless, you will either spend the $5,000, lose your engine, get Chevy to warranty a replacement or lose $5,000 when you sell. I believe the LS7 problem has caused a $5,000 diminished value in all C6 Zs.
I feel Chevy should have recognized this long ago.....but they are not going to do so as it appears.
i know this is an old story....but current for me.
As an addendum to add insult to injury, when shipping my car from Hawaii to Long Beach via Matson, one of their drivers apparently joy rode my car and smashed into a pole. Kohle Heimlich was kind enough to get it to an excellent body shop near AHP where it is now. The bill to Matson was well over $10,000. I’ll leave it at that. I go to LA tonight and then to check on the Z Monday AM.

Last edited by LTVN68; 09-23-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:33 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Good luck on repairs
The following users liked this post:
LTVN68 (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
mkitt27
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Are you figuring $5K due to shipping from Hawaii? I've been quoted just under $3K. But that is stock for stock, no porting or other performance upgrades, just the fixed head package 4.
The following users liked this post:
LTVN68 (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 06:45 PM
LTVN68
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default J

[QUOTE=mkitt27;1598036733]Are you figuring $5K due to shipping from Hawaii? I've been quoted just under $3K. But that is stock for stock, no porting or other performance upgrades, just the fixed head package 4.[/QUOTE
I pretty much went full upgrade with most options on the heads. It also included some extra fees for moving the vette around....dock to AHP and AHP to First Class Auto Body. Those fees are to be repaid by Matson. Basically, with my upgrades it was right at $5,000. American Heritage Performance is about as fine a bunch of people you could ever work with.

Get notified of new replies

To Heads just done at American Heritage

Quick Reply: Heads just done at American Heritage