C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno results - LG Motorsports longtubes & Corsa Xtreme

Old 09-24-2018, 03:20 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,768 Likes on 4,218 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Default Dyno results - LG Motorsports longtubes & Corsa Xtreme

Took the car to 21st Century Muscle Cars in Addison, TX for a Dyno tune. Dealt with Matt @ 21st Century & he is a super nice guy & was the only shop out of 4 that I contacted that contacted me back & was very responsive through email.

Current performance modifications:
LG Motorsports 1-3/4” longtube headers with high-flow catted x-pipe
Corsa Xtreme axle-back Exhaust
Z06 Air Intake with shroud

Dyno results were 406whp/411wtq - which Matt said was about what he expected with the above mods. I don’t have any stock numbers to compare it to & haven’t had a chance to go through all the gears but the car does knock you back in your seat in 2nd & 3rd. It definitely pulls harder than it did with the stock manifolds & BB Bullets.

The following users liked this post:
Fernando@LGMotorsports (09-25-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 03:52 PM
damascus1986
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

nice car looks great man !
Old 09-24-2018, 06:11 PM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

Car looks great and good numbers
Old 09-25-2018, 01:40 PM
MYCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by jaybee924
Car looks great and good numbers
Good results and they are right around what one would expect from those mods. I just did AR headers w/catted x-pipe and AFE intake. Only had a basic tune done by ECS as I will be doing further mods next year so didn't want to spend the money now on a street or dyno tune. I can definitely feel the increase in power, especially after 4k RPM.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:23 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

Nice numbers. M6 correct?
Old 09-25-2018, 09:42 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

My prediction was pretty spot on huh Jabster How do you like the noise now, pretty loud eh?? Do you get the drone at all, mine is pretty bad at certain RPM's but I just close the NPP and all's good.
Glad you got it done
NSF
Old 09-25-2018, 10:44 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
My prediction was pretty spot on huh Jabster How do you like the noise now, pretty loud eh?? Do you get the drone at all, mine is pretty bad at certain RPM's but I just close the NPP and all's good.
Glad you got it done
NSF
Interesting difference in replies between two spots I posted this. Here pretty much everyone says the numbers are typical while in another Vette group all I’ve gotten is “somethings wrong with your car those numbers are way too low”.

The car sounds mean as hell when you get on it & pulls like crazy now. There is zero drone with the Corsa Xtreme, I mean none. The car is so quiet in 4-6th gears I find myself keeping it in lower gears so I can hear it

I do think I have an exhaust leak somewhere tho which is driving me crazy. I replaced the supplies clamps with walker lap-joint clamps from the cats back. I ordered two more clamps this time for the header/cat connection to see if that’s it.

But yes I’m happy with the mods & how the car drives regardless of if the numbers on paper are low/just right or whatever. My wife had to reign me in as the shop had me pretty convinced on their cam package upgrade for $2750 - claimed another 60 rwhp??

Last edited by JABCAT; 09-25-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:53 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JABCAT

Interesting difference in replies between two spots I posted this. Here pretty much everyone says the numbers are typical while in another Vette group all I’ve gotten is “somethings wrong with your car those numbers are way too low”.

The car sounds mean as hell when you get on it & pulls like crazy now. There is zero drone with the Corsa Xtreme, I mean none. The car is so quiet in 4-6th gears I find myself keeping it in lower gears so I can hear it

I do think I have an exhaust leak somewhere tho which is driving me crazy. I replaced the supplies clamps with walker lap-joint clamps from the cats back. I ordered two more clamps this time for the header/cat connection to see if that’s it.

But yes I’m happy with the mods & how the car drives regardless of if the numbers on paper are low/just right or whatever. My wife had to reign me in as the shop had me pretty convinced on their cam package upgrade for $2750 - claimed another 60 rwhp??
As to the "those numbers are low" guys I say BS, if you search like I did you'll find that your numbers on a DynoJet are within the margin of error, just as mine were for the DynoDynamics which read the lowest of them all. My tuner says it (dynos) are a tuning tool so don't get caught up in numbers, which I did for a while.
I don't care anymore as I know my car runs much harder with the LT's
NSF
Old 09-26-2018, 05:24 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,073 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

JABCAT ....

Your mods and dyno RWHP numbers are almost exactly the same as mine

Stock 2011 GS / A6 with Pfadt 1 3/4" headers with cats and a dyno tune.

405 RWHP

Attachment 48338516
Old 09-26-2018, 09:25 AM
MYCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

Unless you're using the same dyno and have before and after results there is no point in speculating about numbers. As everyone has pointed out your results are pretty typical for headers and tune. The important thing is now it puts a big grin on your face when you step on it
Old 09-26-2018, 10:45 AM
Vette79C3
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. Numbers are correct. I have a 13 GS with Hooker headers, high flow cats, crossover pipe, Corsa Extreme axle back, Callaway CAI, and a Tune and I am at 413WHP. I considered the cam upgrade but at this point I am completely happy with looks and performance. Not to mention the cost isn't something I am willing or ready to pay for. I have already exceeded my goals and budget
Old 09-26-2018, 11:13 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JABCAT

Funny, when I had my HB done I inquired about doing a cam swap also, shop owner sort of talked me out of it after he asked what kind of driving I did and what I wanted out of the car. If I do anything in the future it would be a SC but I doubt it will happen, got more power than I need as it is
Bobby
Old 09-26-2018, 01:04 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by MYCoupe
Unless you're using the same dyno and have before and after results there is no point in speculating about numbers. As everyone has pointed out your results are pretty typical for headers and tune. The important thing is now it puts a big grin on your face when you step on it
Exactly - just posted the numbers for reference. I don’t have before numbers so this is the new baseline from which to measure.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:08 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Funny, when I had my HB done I inquired about doing a cam swap also, shop owner sort of talked me out of it after he asked what kind of driving I did and what I wanted out of the car. If I do anything in the future it would be a SC but I doubt it will happen, got more power than I need as it is
Bobby
I want more power, if for no other reason than I just do I don’t race the car, & don’t even drive it all that often (avg 5k mi or less annually) so I don’t “need” more power. The cam swap looks appealing & have already considered a SC down the road after the wife gets her pool & outdoor kitchen. Gotta make her happy & her Jeep already has all the mods she wants.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:35 AM
98Pace
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I took my 08 to 21st a couple years ago and got the 525bhp header and cam package. My final dyno was 462, so spot on with the 60 hp gain for the cam. With the CMC-30 cam, it drives great and has no bad manners. Matt did a great job tuning it. I highly recommend adding the cam. It makes it drive like a vette should!
Old 09-27-2018, 08:43 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Originally Posted by 98Pace
I took my 08 to 21st a couple years ago and got the 525bhp header and cam package. My final dyno was 462, so spot on with the 60 hp gain for the cam. With the CMC-30 cam, it drives great and has no bad manners. Matt did a great job tuning it. I highly recommend adding the cam. It makes it drive like a vette should!
good to know! Matt seemed like a really good guy, didn’t try to sell me anything or upsell me. I talked to him about what I should do next & he recommended the cam package. I told him I didn’t really want a noticeable lope & he said no problem he’d recommend the right cam & just let him know when I was ready.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:51 PM
98Pace
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Yea, Matt is a great guy. He's been the same way with me through all of my mods. Gives it to me straight and doesn't try to sell me things I don't need. After 7000 miles on my cam install, several of those running the Texas Mile with zero issues, I'm confident in what he tells me.

I would recommend you try to listen to and ride in cars with a cam before you choose. I don't think you'll want the CMC-30 based on what you said, but after doing mine I wish I had gone to the 40 instead. It drives great, but I wish I had more!

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno results - LG Motorsports longtubes & Corsa Xtreme

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyno results - LG Motorsports longtubes & Corsa Xtreme