C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pdr

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 04:07 PM
Runflatred
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pdr

When I watch the video from my PDR on my MAC there is no sound. There is sound when I watch it on a Windows computer. Is this normal?
Old 09-28-2018, 04:52 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Are you aware that this is a Corvette forum?
Old 09-28-2018, 05:38 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

The PDR is a C7 feature. The c6 guys here don't have it and by the looks of it, can't help you. I'd repost the question in a C7 forum and see if someone else has an answer.
The following users liked this post:
Runflatred (09-29-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 10:35 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,016 Likes on 2,172 Posts

Originally Posted by Runflatred
When I watch the video from my PDR on my MAC there is no sound. There is sound when I watch it on a Windows computer. Is this normal?
Your missing the needed sound driver for Itunes to play it.

Download VLC for mac, use it to play the PDR on the mac, and it will have the needed sound driver isntead.
Runflatred (09-29-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 11:12 PM
Runflatred
Advanced

Default PDR sound

Originally Posted by Dano523
Your missing the needed sound driver for Itunes to play it.

Download VLC for mac, use it to play the PDR on the mac, and it will have the needed sound driver isntead.
Thanks much. I found a lot of information on the forum.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:13 PM
Runflatred
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bruze
Are you aware that this is a Corvette forum?
yes, and are you aware that c7 Corvettes have PDR ‘s in them?
Old 09-28-2018, 11:20 PM
Runflatred
Advanced

yes, and are you aware that c7 Corvettes have PDR ‘s in them?
FYI, A PDR is a performance data recorder. It’s a fantastic tool especially if you take your Vette to a track. Do some research and you will be surprised what’s in the latest model Corvettes. I’m thinking you have an old one. So asking a question about a PDR is about the same as asking about the infotainment system or driving modes. I attended the new owners school at Ron Fellows in Spring Mountain Nevada but there is only so much they can teach you in two days. Thank God for the Corvette Forum and the cool people who actually answer your questions.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:24 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

FYI, A PDR is a performance data recorder. It’s a fantastic tool especially if you take your Vette to a track. Do some research and you will be surprised what’s in the latest model Corvettes. I’m thinking you have an old one. So asking a question about a PDR is about the same as asking about the infotainment system or driving modes. I attended the new owners school at Ron Fellows in Spring Mountain Nevada but there is only so much they can teach you in two days. Thank God for the Corvette Forum and the cool people who actually answer your questions.
Since this is the C6 forum and C6 does not have that feature is it logical to ask that question here or expect everyone to know what you're talking about?

Last edited by EVRose; 09-28-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Bruze (09-28-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 11:29 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by EVRose
Since this is the C6 forum and C6 does not have that feature is it logical to ask that question here or expect everyone to know what you're talking about?
LOL, I thought it was some kid trying to figure out how to watch **** videos while driving.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:45 PM
EVRose
Race Director

LOL, I thought it was some kid trying to figure out how to watch **** videos while driving.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:54 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,016 Likes on 2,172 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
Your kidding right????
One of the lads on the forums is rebuilding a C7 flood damage vet, and I end up being his Tech Support, no less than 3 times a week on that project.

As for the PDR video/audio play back, really not a Vet problem to begin with, but Itunes problem with the file instead (as apple puts it, which contains incompatible audio).
So instead of trying fix Itunes to play the MP4.raw file correctly (lots of work, but can be done after you make Itunes contort to your will with the needed hacks), easier to just install VCL for mac one shot (free), which will play it correctly instead.

But yes, Runflatred would be better off in the C7 forums moving forward; that more would be more familiar with specific C7 problems in the future.

Last edited by Dano523; 09-29-2018 at 01:57 AM.
Runflatred (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 07:36 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

You think? This is the C6 forum...
Runflatred (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 07:37 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Yeah, us adults don't need to ask how to do that. We already know how.
Bruze (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 08:23 AM
Runflatred
Advanced

Default Forum

Your kidding right????
One of the lads on the forums is rebuilding a C7 flood damage vet, and I end up being his Tech Support, no less than 3 times a week on that project.

As for the PDR video/audio play back, really not a Vet problem to begin with, but Itunes problem with the file instead (as apple puts it, which contains incompatible audio).
So instead of trying fix Itunes to play the MP4.raw file correctly (lots of work, but can be done after you make Itunes contort to your will with the needed hacks), easier to just install VCL for mac one shot (free), which will play it correctly instead.

But yes, Runflatred would be better off in the C7 forums moving forward; that more would be more familiar with specific C7 problems in the future.
I have been on the Corvette Forum fo a long time and still have trouble finding my way around. Great information but not very user friendly.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:31 AM
Runflatred
Advanced

Default C6, c7?

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
You think? This is the C6 forum...
I have been on the forum for years and still can’t find my way around. This thing is not user friendly. Thank God my 2019 Corvette is easier to figure out then this thing. BTW, I have a friend who owns a 66 Vette and he knows more about my car then I do. He’s a real Vette guy.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:15 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

I have been on the forum for years and still can’t find my way around. This thing is not user friendly. Thank God my 2019 Corvette is easier to figure out then this thing. BTW, I have a friend who owns a 66 Vette and he knows more about my car then I do. He’s a real Vette guy.
This type of forum has been around for at least 20 years, if memory serves. They are not complicated.

How to figure it out: Go to the main page of the forum. Make sure you know what gen Vette you have (hint: check owner's manual).

You say you have a 7. That would be anything since and including 2014.

If confirmed, then scroll down the above page a short ways and you will see a section that says Sub-forums C7 Corvette. Click on the appropriate sub-sub forum to suit your needs: "General," "Tech," etc.

From there (as is on the entire rest of Corvette Forum), scroll down a short ways and on the left is a rectangular button that says "New Thread." If you want to create a new thread, click on it. If you just want to read others' posts, continue down to where it says "Normal Threads" and click any of the bolded titles.

PS: If you're illiterate, then this is all going to be a problem for you.

PSS: You're welcome.
Runflatred (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 09:58 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

We've had a rash of post on here lately where people don't seem to know which generation that their car is in.

Last edited by jrose7004; 09-29-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Pdr

Old 09-29-2018, 10:36 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Your kidding right????

Why would I be kidding? I don't frequent C7 forum and had no idea what PDR meant. You did, great! I stand by my previous post.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Runflatred
Advanced

Default Thanks

This type of forum has been around for at least 20 years, if memory serves. They are not complicated.

How to figure it out: Go to the main page of the forum. Make sure you know what gen Vette you have (hint: check owner's manual).

You say you have a 7. That would be anything since and including 2014.

If confirmed, then scroll down the above page a short ways and you will see a section that says Sub-forums C7 Corvette. Click on the appropriate sub-sub forum to suit your needs: "General," "Tech," etc.

From there (as is on the entire rest of Corvette Forum), scroll down a short ways and on the left is a rectangular button that says "New Thread." If you want to create a new thread, click on it. If you just want to read others' posts, continue down to where it says "Normal Threads" and click any of the bolded titles.

PS: If you're illiterate, then this is all going to be a problem for you.

PSS: You're welcome.

You are are the first person that ever tried to help me navigate through Corvette Forum. I will definitely take your advice next time I am looking for information or try to help someone out who is seeking info. And you’re right, I have a C7. It’s a 2019 Grand Sport. Pretty complicated car but even a dummy like me was able to figure everything out with the help of the manual and a new owners class at Spring Mountain. If the Forum had a manual we probably wouldn’t be having this chat. Thanks again.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:28 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Hell, I thought we were talking about Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) That's the trouble with using acronyms, too many meanings
NSF
Runflatred (09-29-2018)

Quick Reply: Pdr