C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum Tunnel Plate

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 11:55 PM
hogfanandy
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
I have an Elite tunnel plate that I installed about ten years ago on my C-6. No noise reduction but the heat from the exhaust is a not issue in the center console now. It also stopped the top panel creaking as an added bonus.

I'd pay double whatever it costs to stop my top from creaking. I've done the o-rings and the dielectric grease. The popping drives me crazy some days.
The following users liked this post:
CTGrandSport11 (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 10:38 AM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by hogfanandy
I'd pay double whatever it costs to stop my top from creaking. I've done the o-rings and the dielectric grease. The popping drives me crazy some days.
I have zero creaking with the tunnel plate. It is an easy install once you get the exhaust off which makes it an ideal time to install long tube headers on while you have it apart doing the plate.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:42 AM
CTGrandSport11
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Same here.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:58 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Maybe you're lubing the wrong place. I put a single drop of sewing machine oil on the axle that the plastic roller rotates on.

Quick Reply: Aluminum Tunnel Plate