C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on Billy boat header install

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 04:13 PM
Dman302
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Question on Billy boat header install

I was hoping someone could assist me with a little question on installing Billy boat version headers. These seem to be a split between a shorty And long tube headers. Question is, how is the fit with the mid pipe, and do I still need to heat shield the starter clutch cable etc. I know these headers will provide a little less horsepower and torque than the traditional long tube But I want to keep my mid pipe and Corsa Sports in place. If the smell bothers me too much I will have high flow cats welded in. But I do like the idea of the Billy boats slipping in and keeping my stock H pipe
Old 10-04-2018, 08:39 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Dman302
I was hoping someone could assist me with a little question on installing Billy boat version headers. These seem to be a split between a shorty And long tube headers. Question is, how is the fit with the mid pipe, and do I still need to heat shield the starter clutch cable etc. I know these headers will provide a little less horsepower and torque than the traditional long tube But I want to keep my mid pipe and Corsa Sports in place. If the smell bothers me too much I will have high flow cats welded in. But I do like the idea of the Billy boats slipping in and keeping my stock H pipe
They are full long tubes. I've installed several sets of headers on C6s including my Billy Boats. I'm very happy with them. They install easily and fit very well. They don't hang low like some of the cheaper header manufacturers.

I do heat wrap the starter area and clutch lines any time I install headers on the C6.

But if you're just doing it because it's easier to install without messing with the midpipe that's not really the case. Swapping out the midpipe while the headers are out is easy.

Quick Reply: Question on Billy boat header install