C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 07:29 AM
huntfarm
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Road Atlanta

Who's going for the Petit LeMans? Heading down from West central Indiana for the 10 hour road race taking place on Oct. 13. My experience over the last ten years has been that not many Coorvette people even know that there is a Corvette factory racing team. First time for Road Atlanta. Have seen the 3&4 C7R Corvettes at RoadAmerica and Sebring. Great fun! Fantastic cars!
Old 10-09-2018, 07:42 AM
huntfarm
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Road Atlanta

Sorry about the Coorvette. Must have been thinking about a beer. Old fingers! I'll be 73 in a few days. Looking forward to race day.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:05 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

It is not uncommon to meet fellow Corvette enthusiast that are unware of Corvette Racing. If you are not a race fan there would be no way you would be aware of them except through meeting people that are. So I believe it is our duty to enlighten those to the history of the Corvette and its racing heritage.
I have a Jake as well as the Sebring track layout decal on the lower rear bumper drivers side and when I am asked about them I explain it to people. I tell them Jake is the mascot for Corvette Racing and how it got started and that Sebring is what I consider my home track.

Last edited by BWF07; 10-09-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Gman in NC
Melting Slicks

Received 136 Likes on 75 Posts

Have a great time and make sure you park in the Corvette Coral if you can. It's a great track and the weather looks great. I've been there for motorcycle racing but not the sports cars. Have to put that on my bucket list.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:06 PM
Legalice
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry I am just seeing this...haven't visited forums in a while...

Did you go?

The Corvette corral was sold out and full of Vettes.

I attended from Thursday thru Saturday driving down from central Kentucky. This was my 4th Petit Lemans and 5th sports car race at RA. Happy to see Corvette #3 win the driver's title thanks to the efforts of car #4.

Hope you made it there and back safely. Also assuming you had a great time.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:14 PM
mkitt27
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Petit is always a great event. I've been 4 times. I'm in MN, so Road America is my usual event. Going to Sebring for the first time this spring. Can't pass up IMSA and WEC together. I did these combined event when they had them at COTA.

Get notified of new replies

To Road Atlanta

Quick Reply: Road Atlanta