C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Numbers in marker on inner door??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 06:47 PM
topgunvette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's too bad. The car looks nice enough but the dealership knows nothing as to why that panel is marked. If they had a story to go with it I'd consider it but as it sits I have no idea... I think it would bug me and really it could be a small sign about a much larger repair.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:07 PM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

Does the VIN on the door tags match the VIN on the dash. That will tell you if it is a replacement.

Gary
Old 10-12-2018, 08:21 PM
topgunvette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverC54me
Does the VIN on the door tags match the VIN on the dash. That will tell you if it is a replacement.

Gary
I asked the sales guy and he said they match.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Welker1
Melting Slicks

Received 555 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverC54me

Gary
Sorry, but that isn't necessarily true, I know. On my Camaro, the quarter panel area on the driver's side was damaged when rear ended. On the Gen5 Camaros, it is one piece from the just in front of the door all the way back to the rear bumper and the shop and other party's insurance wanted to cut the panel and weld in a new, after market quarter panel section. I worked with my insurance and they were forced to replace the entire 'panel' with a new OEM one. The VIN tag was affixed to the door opening of the panel; the shop removed it from the original piece and re-affixed it to the new one.

Quick Reply: Numbers in marker on inner door??