C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zen6 Morimoto Xb Corvette First Gen LED Headlights DRL Harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 11:57 AM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 327 Likes on 261 Posts

and 2 sets left.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:53 AM
htvette
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default hyperflash after harness installed

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem as I do. I left everything like it was before and installed the harness inline with the headlights. The daytime LED is now bright and working like it should. It hyperflashes when I use the left and right signal but only during the Daytime. It does Not hyperflash when I am using the headlights at night. Funny thing is it does not hyperflash when I am at park and use the parking brake. It hyperflashes as soon as I dis-engage the parking brake.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:40 PM
rufuspokie
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Exactly the same

SEE my post here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1598974871
I have not found a solution yet, but have a third supplemental harness from Vette-Lights that I have not yet tried.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:33 PM
*Trip*
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by htvette
Hi, I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem as I do. I left everything like it was before and installed the harness inline with the headlights. The daytime LED is now bright and working like it should. It hyperflashes when I use the left and right signal but only during the Daytime. It does Not hyperflash when I am using the headlights at night. Funny thing is it does not hyperflash when I am at park and use the parking brake. It hyperflashes as soon as I dis-engage the parking brake.

I've been putting off this install for about 6 months....
And now that I finally got the "correct" harness... I hear this... ugh...
Keep us all posted on solutions... Thanks...
Old 03-09-2019, 10:02 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by *Trip*
I've been putting off this install for about 6 months....
And now that I finally got the "correct" harness... I hear this... ugh...
Keep us all posted on solutions... Thanks...
I'm in the same boat.

After installing the second generation harness, the headlights are even more problematic. After several months listening to the seller tell us repeatedly this harness would fix everything, I'm pretty much very angry....on second thought, very pissed off would be more accurate.

And so, have decided to take my car to an engineer owned repair shop and told him not to call to pick up the car until the lights are operating as advertised.

By the way, this harness cost $75, and was a fail.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:17 PM
bobeyoung
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 96 Posts

I bought a set of second generation I was going to install next week. I think I'll wait now.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:34 PM
htvette
Racer

The workaround for my issue is the same as the 1st generation. I just rotate the headlight stalk towards me and it does not hyperflash. The daytime lights are still in the bright mode...thank goodness.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:00 AM
05 Wreck
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Is this conversation about C6's with tails or headlights only. I have the harness but have not installed. I have headlights only.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:03 PM
htvette
Racer

Originally Posted by 05 Wreck
Is this conversation about C6's with tails or headlights only. I have the harness but have not installed. I have headlights only.
I have both headlights and tails installed.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 05 Wreck
My car has only the headlights. And, based on my lousy experience with them, for sure not at all interested in the taillights at this point.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:25 PM
bobeyoung
Racer

I'm getting a little leery about installing mine now. I bought mine from Vette Lights. I must wanted a simple plug and play. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:49 PM
rufuspokie
Instructor

I have both headlights and tails installed.
The problems that people are having are irregardless whether or not you also have LED tail lights. The problem is that both the "Generation 1 or the Generation 2" Morimoto LED headlights were never a "plug and play" as advertised.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:54 PM
rufuspokie
Instructor

The workaround for my issue is the same as the 1st generation. I just rotate the headlight stalk towards me and it does not hyperflash. The daytime lights are still in the bright mode...thank goodness.
Yes, mine would work this way also, but do you really want to do this every time you get into the car? This also disables the "auto" on feature. When the headlights should come on automatically, you will just get a message saying "headlights suggested."
Old 03-11-2019, 01:53 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 327 Likes on 261 Posts

I've had a long discussion with larry about the lights and we think we came up with a resolution. I will let him explain because i think he'll do a better job of it

The lights are largely plug and play but to get the full functionality of them, you do have to run the harness to the fuse box. But I've explained details in another post for the new harnesses etc.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:42 PM
rufuspokie
Instructor

Originally Posted by info@umnitza.com
I've had a long discussion with larry about the lights and we think we came up with a resolution. I will let him explain because i think he'll do a better job of it

The lights are largely plug and play but to get the full functionality of them, you do have to run the harness to the fuse box. But I've explained details in another post for the new harnesses etc.
Any updates on this? I'm at the end of my rope. I've been trying to get these things working for 5 months now.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:34 PM
Meh Vette
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just installed the harness and now I have the hyper flashing turns. Has a solution been reached for this? It took forever to get this harness in the first place.

Last edited by Meh Vette; 03-16-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:58 PM
bobeyoung
Racer

I finished up installing my Vette Lights 2nd generation today. No problems at all and works great.

Get notified of new replies

To Zen6 Morimoto Xb Corvette First Gen LED Headlights DRL Harness

Old 03-16-2019, 11:11 PM
DaveN355
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

I actually went with the Radio Flyer harnesses to use with my umnitza Morimoto gen 1 headlights (the umnitza harnesses were not available at the time). It was plug and play and everything works well.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:53 PM
rufuspokie
Instructor

Originally Posted by DaveN355
I actually went with the Radio Flyer harnesses to use with my umnitza Morimoto gen 1 headlights (the umnitza harnesses were not available at the time). It was plug and play and everything works well.

When you said everything works well, could you elaborate. For example, does everything work with the headlight switch set to "auto?" Do the headlights go on and off automatically when the dashboard sensor senses the need for them? Do the white DRL's remain on when the amber signal lights are activated? Do you have any hyperflashing of the directionals when the headlights are OFF?
Old 03-17-2019, 12:55 PM
rufuspokie
Instructor

Originally Posted by Meh Vette
Just installed the harness and now I have the hyper flashing turns. Has a solution been reached for this? It took forever to get this harness in the first place.
Does the hyperflashing only occur with the headlights off?

Quick Reply: Zen6 Morimoto Xb Corvette First Gen LED Headlights DRL Harness