C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I tried hard to go to the "dark side" today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 12:08 PM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by cal45
I beg to differ in regards to driver side leg room between a C7 & C6. This past June before I purchased my '13 GS, I did sit in a C7 to feel it out as I wear a prosthetic left leg, There is a difference and it is that the C7 foot well narrows greatly down to the pedals. For me, it was hard to place my fixed prosthetic left foot in a spot where it wouldn't hit the edge of the brake pedal and this was an automatic. The C6 has more width for your feet.
I didn't check specifically for the width, but I do wear size 13 shoes. I guess I should actually drive the C7 while moving my feet around rather than just sitting there, but I did shift through the gears for a while trying to get used to the 7-speed shifter. My concerning was being able to fully stretch my feet out, especially on the dead pedal on long drives. I was in the middle of driving my C6 from Indianapolis, to Bowling Green, then down to Atlanta, which was 8 hours. I was trying to determine the comfort level if I was in the C7.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,954 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh Boy
every body talks about the cheap plastic in the C6 , Well what about the C7, the whole dashboard is cheap plastic. At least the C6 has fake carbon fiber on it. Look at all the plastic I marked on the C7.

Honestly - you are totally clueless about the C7...cause your comment tells me you have had zero time in or driving a C7. I own both a C6 and C7, so Im not bashing any car - but dont dare compare the interior to the C6 to the C7 in terms of "quality" - cause there is no comparison. Anyone can say you dont like the interior or you dont fit in a C7 - but quality materials was something the C6 did not invest in and the C7 did - PERIOD!

Also - just to educate you further - only the later years of the C6 (I think starting in 08) offered that fake carbon fiber bezel. Lastly, only the BASE C7 comes with the entire dash in plastic - all other versions Z51, GS, Z06, etc all can come with a carbon fiber upgrade...even your own picture shows carbon fiber (look closely) but see my dash below for a much clearer view (real carbon fiber, real napa leather throughout, real aluminum accents, interior color-matching stitching, etc):

Old 12-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Mayor111
Honestly - you are totally clueless about the C7...cause your comment tells me you have had zero time in or driving a C7. I own both a C6 and C7, so Im not bashing any car - but dont dare compare the interior to the C6 to the C7 in terms of "quality" - cause there is no comparison. Anyone can say you dont like the interior or you dont fit in a C7 - but quality materials was something the C6 did not invest in and the C7 did - PERIOD!

Also - just to educate you further - only the later years of the C6 (I think starting in 08) offered that fake carbon fiber bezel. Lastly, only the BASE C7 comes with the entire dash in plastic - all other versions Z51, GS, Z06, etc all can come with a carbon fiber upgrade...even your own picture shows carbon fiber (look closely) but see my dash below for a much clearer view (real carbon fiber, real napa leather throughout, real aluminum accents, interior color-matching stitching, etc):

Don't come on to me with your high and mighty stuff because you own both a C6 and C7, I'm not impressed. Yes I have been in many C7's and drove a few. And please don't educate me on a C6 as I am on my third one and I don't have to think what year started the fake carbon fiber. Almost any car can be ordered with upscale dash's and interiors so don't lecture me that only the base comes with the plastic dash because the fact of the matter is it does.

Last edited by Oh Boy; 12-08-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:46 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by cal45
I beg to differ in regards to driver side leg room between a C7 & C6. This past June before I purchased my '13 GS, I did sit in a C7 to feel it out as I wear a prosthetic left leg, There is a difference and it is that the C7 foot well narrows greatly down to the pedals. For me, it was hard to place my fixed prosthetic left foot in a spot where it wouldn't hit the edge of the brake pedal and this was an automatic. The C6 has more width for your feet.
Interesting insights. Not something I would probably notice but that's now on my radar the next time I'm in one.
Originally Posted by jpm995
Damn, i'm 6' 190. I would fit fine in a c7 but can't afford it. The good point is i like the c6's to. Hope to find one that fits my budget that i like.
there was a joking around Thread about a Craigslist C4 ad in OT a little while back. Just for fun I checked our local Craigslist which never has anything worthwhile. There was a 40000 mile 2007 convertible for $20,000 asking price. Looked very very nice. There are people out there asking fire sale prices if you keep your eye out but I'm sure they're hard to find and you'd better be ready to jump on it when you find the right one. I was also looking at a C3 and that ad is gone 2 days after I looked at it. I wasn't really ready to do it, but the point is priced correctly, they will move. Any time of year.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:32 PM
GrandSportRob
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 160 Posts

every body talks about the cheap plastic in the C6 , Well what about the C7, the whole dashboard is cheap plastic. At least the C6 has fake carbon fiber on it. Look at all the plastic I marked on the C7.

The C4 called, it wants it’s dash design back...
Old 12-08-2018, 10:32 PM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

Agree with you. There is a bit more room in the interior of C6 over C7 and it makes the car more enjoyable for bigger drivers.. C7 is a nice car and has more bells and whistles in if that floats your boat. I like all Corvettes but the looks of C6 are classic with better tech than prior years and a nicer butt than C7.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:18 AM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 265 Posts

Will it ever end...
The following 2 users liked this post by choppychop:
Andysherman (01-06-2019), Captjti (12-28-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 06:38 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,368 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by choppychop

Will it ever end...
Never....
Old 12-09-2018, 10:41 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Don't come on to me with your high and mighty stuff because you own both a C6 and C7, I'm not impressed. Yes I have been in many C7's and drove a few. And please don't educate me on a C6 as I am on my third one and I don't have to think what year started the fake carbon fiber. Almost any car can be ordered with upscale dash's and interiors so don't lecture me that only the base comes with the plastic dash because the fact of the matter is it does.
HUH ?? One can order many different dash types in almost any car ??!!..........
Old 12-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by choppychop
Will it ever end...
"It goes on, Juda."

Old 12-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by windyC6
HUH ?? One can order many different dash types in almost any car ??!!..........
Don"t twist what I said because I never said that. Read what I said. I said you can order upscale dash's like in the C6 4LT cars just for starters ( you know the ones that separate the leather)
Old 12-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,954 Likes on 941 Posts

Its not being high and mighty...its being factual. I dont know you, so impressing you or not impressing you is utterly unimportant to me. I shared that I own both cars to provide FACTUAL insight and hands on experience on BOTH cars. I dont care if you own 20 C6's - that just means you love THAT car, and know THAT car... Its quite obvious you do not have any experience owning / driving a C7 so please stop acting like you know what materials come in which model, cause its clear you haven't got a clue. I've sat in a Ferrari before, but you dont see me posting on the Ferrari forums about the materials they use...that would be foolish...(this is about the time where you should be getting the hint).

Also - you said "One can order many different dash types in almost any car" - really...because this comment is also wrong...now you have other folks questioning you too...

The best thing for you to do, is just put down the keyboard, because nothing you said was actually correct in this post...absolutely nothing...and that is why I felt the need to EDUCATE you...Class Dismissed!
Old 12-09-2018, 12:07 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Guys- these are mass produced/high production cars. They're going to have plastic parts in them. If GM wants to make a profit, they cannot use custom materials found in exotics and pricepoint the product for mass sales.

Last edited by BlindSpot; 12-09-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:38 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
LOLOL....Theres a difference in "Cheap" plastic and good plastic !!!......
That, and everything that is "brown"
​​​​​​in that picture is leather.

The C7 is downright luxurious in comparison to the C6.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mayor111
Also - you said "One can order many different dash types in almost any car" - really...because this comment is also wrong...now you have other folks questioning you too...
Again you like windy6 cannot READ! Where did I say that! I said you can get a upgraded dash, not a diffenent style dash. Do you agree that the 4LT option on a C6 uses a upgraded dash? There is my point in just ONE car.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by owc6

And every thing else that is black is plastic. Forget it has the carbon fiber because on my monitor I did not see it. But if you didn't order it you got the plastic just like the C6.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:49 PM
choppychop
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6

So is a Lexus but who cares... this ***** been going back and forth for 5 years now...

Get notified of new replies

To I tried hard to go to the "dark side" today...

Old 12-09-2018, 02:00 PM
retcav1sg
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I apologize for starting this...it was not my intent!
Old 12-09-2018, 02:08 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by retcav1sg
Not your fault - Once the CF Sewing Circle gets ahold of something......
Old 12-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by retcav1sg
Never ever start a thread with anything comparing a C6 and C7. It never ends well.

Quick Reply: I tried hard to go to the "dark side" today...