C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I tried hard to go to the "dark side" today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 04:14 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh Boy
Never ever start a thread with anything comparing a C6 and C7 in the C6 forum. It never ends well.
FIFY.

Start one in C7, and it never gets too ugly. Not as much jealousy there, and there is much more knowledge about both gens (probably because a fairly large percentage of the participants have owned both).

Old 12-09-2018, 04:48 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Again you like windy6 cannot READ! Where did I say that! I said you can get a upgraded dash, not a diffenent style dash. Do you agree that the 4LT option on a C6 uses a upgraded dash? There is my point in just ONE car.
WOAAAAA there Skippy !!!! Go read your post again.....I repeat.....go read your post again....It says directly........"Almost any car can be ordered with up-scale dashes and interiors"......What part of that are you not understanding here ? Are you in denial ? That pipe out of product ??........
Old 12-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
WOAAAAA there Skippy !!!! Go read your post again.....I repeat.....go read your post again....It says directly........"Almost any car can be ordered with up-scale dashes and interiors"......What part of that are you not understanding here ? Are you in denial ? That pipe out of product ??........
Exactly what I said. You said different style dashes implying you getting a whole entire different looking dash. I only implied the same dash covered in different materials. Or read post # 51

Last edited by Oh Boy; 12-09-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,950 Likes on 937 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
- I call that convenient amnesia...(or afraid to admit when he's wrong)...

Never ever start a thread with anything comparing a C6 and C7. It never ends well.
That's because ***** like you argue facts about cars with zero factual knowledge. Your love for the C6 doesn't mean you should defend it when talking to folks who know the C7... Again, Ill educate you; even GM engineers stated (in multiple publications and videos) that the C7 was designed using "the highest quality of materials, ever used for any previous generation of Corvette". The C6 is a cheap, plastic interior, offering minor improvements over the C5 (another Vette I've owned)...which also has been documented across multiple publications. Let me know when you find multiple published articles stating that about the quality of a C7 interior...
Old 12-09-2018, 06:00 PM
JasonAndrew
Safety Car

Received 270 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by retcav1sg
Went and looked at a C7 today with the intention of buying. It was a 2014 Z51 3LT convertible, great looking car. It also had the comp seats and mag ride. I wanted so badly to love the car but I just couldn't. I'm a big guy, 6'2" and very broad at the shoulders, and the comp seats were not it. Just for the sake of comparison I tried another vette at the same dealer with the base seats and they weren't much better. The exterior looked great but the place where all the time is spent just didn't hit the mark for me. Many have said that the new interiors are wonderful and material wise they are but they just seem so much tighter than the C6 interior. I know on paper the dimensions are the same but the fit definitely is not. Soooooo I went and looked at another car and wound up buying it. I've been gone for about a year or so and my last vette was a 2011 GS Vert (I missed that car), now I have a 2013 GS Vert, getting in it and driving it home was like slipping on that comfortable pair of shoes that fit so well. The C7 seemed to be a great car, just not for me.

good choice, im still not a fan of the c7-- digital dash reminds me of a Malibu or cruze, the black plastic pieces on the body, the (i know) tail lights. The interiors do look nice though. The body lines just have wayy too much going on for my taste.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:06 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I actually don't mind the interior in my 2012 GS. My biggest complaint was the factory navigation head unit which I replaced. The subtle differences between the 2005 and 2012 model year, went a long way for me in improving the interior. That being said, the C7 does have an improved interior over all previous models.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mayor111

That's because ***** like you argue facts about cars with zero factual knowledge. Your love for the C6 doesn't mean you should defend it when talking to folks who know the C7... Again, Ill educate you; even GM engineers stated (in multiple publications and videos) that the C7 was designed using "the highest quality of materials, ever used for any previous generation of Corvette". The C6 is a cheap, plastic interior, offering minor improvements over the C5 (another Vette I've owned)...which also has been documented across multiple publications. Let me know when you find multiple published articles stating that about the quality of a C7 interior...
That's one thing I am never ashamed to say.
I am far from a corvette noob but when you say "even GM engineers stated" you sound like a complete kool aid drinking fool. They lie their *** off and stretch the truth to sell cars. I'm still waiting for that Nuburing time for the ZO6 that Tadge promised WAS FINISHED and was waiting for GM media to release it. Would you like me to post his actual comment from the "Ask Tadge section"? OK here it is anyway:

Last week, we were finally able to confirm the performance of the car on a continuous lap of the Nurburgring. We are putting together the press release and will have the lap time and video out shortly. I can tell you we were more than satisfied with the results.

That was May 25 2015!

Last edited by Oh Boy; 12-09-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
I actually don't mind the interior in my 2012 GS. My biggest complaint was the factory navigation head unit which I replaced. The subtle differences between the 2005 and 2012 model year, went a long way for me in improving the interior. That being said, the C7 does have an improved interior over all previous models.
Neither do I. But the C7 loving fools have to justify their purchase. I know the C6 interior is not that great but it is what it is. The steering wheel really ruins it and cheapens it to the max. I do love the analog cockpit thou, best thing about the C6 or C7

Last edited by Oh Boy; 12-09-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:56 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Neither do I. But the C7 loving fools have to justify their purchase. I know the C6 interior is not that great but it is what it is. The steering wheel really ruins it and cheapens it to the max. I do love the analog cockpit thou, best thing about the C6 or C7
Old 12-10-2018, 07:47 AM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,950 Likes on 937 Posts

I know the C6 interior is not that great but it is what it is. The steering wheel really ruins it and cheapens it to the max. I do love the analog cockpit thou, best thing about the C6 or C7
Im sorry but did you just do a 180 degree turn-around? Whats wrong with you? You've been arguing about the C7 interior and how great the C6 interior is then you say this? One thing you stated is correct - I am a C7 loving fool, and a C4, C5 and C6 loving fool too... Owning all of them, has allowed me to answer questions and give honest, factual comments here... Sitting in a car doesn't make you "knowledgeable"...so stop pretending to be.

Lastly - your Ask Tadge comment - what does that have anything to do with this discussion? Because Tadge didn't answer a question back in 2015, that means the GM engineers lie about the C7 interior... Seriously...your posts are getting more stupid by the minute - you really should quit while your behind. I have to keep reminding myself - Who's the bigger fool? - the fool or the one who argues with the fool...
Old 12-10-2018, 08:10 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

The following users liked this post:
JJ1956 (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 10:41 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

I think what we got here Mayor is one of those typical Millennials that see a post and then go research it for about 30 seconds on the net and then respond acting like they have years of experience. Typical in this forum......
Old 12-10-2018, 11:48 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,920 Likes on 4,806 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndrew
good choice, im still not a fan of the c7-- digital dash reminds me of a Malibu or cruze, the black plastic pieces on the body, the (i know) tail lights. The interiors do look nice though. The body lines just have wayy too much going on for my taste.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:37 PM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

I just sold my Cammed C7. Loved it, but from day one it was a lot smaller on the inside. Driving it home from St louis to Alabama my *** hurt.. I thought to my self..well maybe I am to big, or I will get used to it... and I did get used to it. drove it for a year, installed intake, heads and cam in the first few weeks. Loved the car, and the inside is WAY upgraded from C6.. but WAY smaller too.

I am back in a C6Z now, not cause of the size. I am sure I will be back in a C7 at somepoint, and I know the inside is smaller.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:50 PM
mjg1200
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

I also just went thru this I'm not 6 ft tall actually 5'8 test drove many C7 and C6 convertibles. I had a 09 Z-51 coup I almost had myself talked into the C7 then I found a 2013 GS vert and it reached out and grabbed me and said buy me and I did. I agree that the C7 interior is nicer but the exterior base compared to a GS does not compare in my opinion. Congrats on your new ride

Old 12-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Im sorry but did you just do a 180 degree turn-around? Whats wrong with you? You've been arguing about the C7 interior and how great the C6 interior is then you say this? One thing you stated is correct - I am a C7 loving fool, and a C4, C5 and C6 loving fool too... Owning all of them, has allowed me to answer questions and give honest, factual comments here... Sitting in a car doesn't make you "knowledgeable"...so stop pretending to be.

Lastly - your Ask Tadge comment - what does that have anything to do with this discussion? Because Tadge didn't answer a question back in 2015, that means the GM engineers lie about the C7 interior... Seriously...your posts are getting more stupid by the minute - you really should quit while your behind. I have to keep reminding myself - Who's the bigger fool? - the fool or the one who argues with the fool...
Again saying things I never said. Where in any of my posts did I say how great the C6 interior is. I never mentioned the C6 interior. You were the one who brought up the GM engineer nonsense about believing everything they say I just proved you wrong.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:59 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

And some wonder why people hate Corvette owners!

Get notified of new replies

To I tried hard to go to the "dark side" today...

Old 12-11-2018, 10:38 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,046 Likes on 820 Posts

Again saying things I never said.
For crying out loud leave it alone, you're worse than a dog w/ an old shoe.
Mainspring's a tad tight partner, genuine candidate for a stroke y'know.
For Christ's sake & your health, move-on.

Last edited by Landru; 12-11-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:48 PM
NY Chief
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ROJ#79
C-6's R nice but the C-5 I traded in was much more comfortable and more leg room!
This. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that. Especially for me is the C6 footwell. It's very tight for my big dogs.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:30 PM
Torch FRC
Safety Car

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

The C6 wide body vert is the best looking Vette ever made imo. Great choice.

I've noticed the C7 can feel very cramped if you have wide shoulders.

Quick Reply: I tried hard to go to the "dark side" today...