C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Manual on disk

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 11:24 PM
Riveroger
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Service Manual on disk

I want to get the OEM service mauals but they are pricey. Anyone have any feedback on the factory manual on disk? I got a disk for my Harley and it has everything the OEM hard copy has. I print out the few pages I need or use the laptop. Hope to try this for the Vette

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-C-...M3gd:rk:3:pf:0
Old 11-27-2018, 11:30 AM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 899 Likes on 585 Posts

I have my doubts about that disc. It does not look like something GM would produce, no part numbers or copyright. I was under the impression that GM never made a digital copy available. I went ahead and bought the paper ones but it sure would be nice to have an electronic version with search capabilities.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:34 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Riveroger
I want to get the OEM service mauals but they are pricey. Anyone have any feedback on the factory manual on disk? I got a disk for my Harley and it has everything the OEM hard copy has. I print out the few pages I need or use the laptop. Hope to try this for the Vette

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-C-...M3gd:rk:3:pf:0

I have a PDF based manual on CD from a 2007 manual. I got the thing for free, so I wasn't concerned much because I also have the paper 3 volume service manual for my 2006. The CD manual I have is missing a lot of sections from the paper manual, so it not a complete manual. BTW, it is not seach capable either, and you can't access one section to the other using the links within the sections.
Perhaps that one on e-bay is different, but I have my doubts. The question to ask is if it has the specific LS2 engine section on the CD.
My CD only has the LS7 engine section, and not the LS2

Good luck

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 11-27-2018 at 12:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jim2003 (12-09-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 02:45 PM
theandrewo
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

If you bite the bullet, let us know. I'd LOVE a searchable pdf manual.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:16 PM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,116 Likes on 693 Posts

That PDF version won't be SEARCHABLE. Likely basically a PDF scan of the shop manual. I have one that sits unused.

I did come across the manual that uses the VMWare emulator and it looks and acts like a dealer manual. Searchable, zoomable pics and links to other parts on the manual. That one is nice. Not sure you can find it anymore. Assume some copyright lawyers got involved

Keep an eye out for paper manuals. I caught a brand new 3-vol Helms set for 99 bucks on ebay.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:00 AM
thedperrys
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

My experience is these manuals do not have embedded links. However, you can use search functions in acrobat. It helps some.

Get notified of new replies

To Service Manual on disk

Quick Reply: Service Manual on disk