C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front tire came off

Old 12-09-2018, 10:43 PM
Cherokee Nation
CF Senior Member

Liked 203 Times in 196 Posts

Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
The mentality here hasn't changed in years. Could someone please tell me what is in this for an attorney? Nobody injured, so no litigation for a % of the injury limits of liability. GM has attorneys on staff - probably dozens or more of them. To them just another file to work. To whomever hires one to fight GM's attorneys, keep your checkbook handy, then your credit card, And, no, they are under no obligation to buy the car back. Likely bought at auction with a sketchy paper trail.

STOOOPID..... work with the dealer to your satisfaction.
Lawsuit abuse..
Old 12-09-2018, 11:29 PM
QuickSilverC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts

You do not want this car no matter if it is fixed. I can tell you when I bought my vette I did not consider a single one that had a damage or wreck on the car fax. I know most buyers later on will consider the same thing. Unless you of course are keeping this forever. Then in that case it will probably be fine once fixed.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:56 PM
C6KWJ
CF Senior Member

Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts

Originally Posted by QuickSilverC6 View Post
You do not want this car no matter if it is fixed. I can tell you when I bought my vette I did not consider a single one that had a damage or wreck on the car fax. I know most buyers later on will consider the same thing. Unless you of course are keeping this forever. Then in that case it will probably be fine once fixed.
I guarantee that dealership insurance is not going to show up on Carfax. They have an umbrella policy not a auto policy. That being said, I would ask for a full refund or the dealer to find you a equivalent Vette at same price.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:07 PM
buckmeister2
CF Senior Member

Liked 432 Times in 384 Posts

Regardless...we are glad you are not injured. Please be sure to let us know what happens....repair cost, how you were treated, etc.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:27 PM
QuickSilverC6
CF Senior Member

Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts

Original poster, what is the vin of this car please?
Old 12-11-2018, 12:13 PM
No. 386
CF Senior Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

NO lawyer, NO repair, NO negotiation. F that. Similar or better car immediately. That car will never be the same and will be trouble down the road. That's what you deserve for trouble and the scare which was no fault of your own. I can't believe the dealership wouldn't think their getting off easy with that.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:52 PM
buckmeister2
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by No. 386 View Post
NO lawyer, NO repair, NO negotiation. F that. Similar or better car immediately. That car will never be the same and will be trouble down the road. That's what you deserve for trouble and the scare which was no fault of your own. I can't believe the dealership wouldn't think their getting off easy with that.

the OP is not in a position to demand anything. He can try to negotiate, at best. The dealer is going to repair the car, and make a small comp pkg for his trouble. That is it. Anything more than that WILL require a lawyer. If there were injuries, it would be different, but without physical injury, the dealer is not going to do any more.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:00 PM
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 432 Times in 281 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2 View Post
the OP is not in a position to demand anything. He can try to negotiate, at best. The dealer is going to repair the car, and make a small comp pkg for his trouble. That is it. Anything more than that WILL require a lawyer. If there were injuries, it would be different, but without physical injury, the dealer is not going to do any more.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:33 PM
No. 386
CF Senior Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Then they will continue to get away with their incompetence in their hiring practices and their work. Iím sure that mechanic still has his job. These dealers work on their rep and ther service department rep. Now, heís not in a position to demand anything because heís already dealing with the insurance company. They offered the repair and comp because they realize it could have been a lot worse. As others said at the least a replacement. I doubt you would be so reasonable if it was your week old, new to you, car. Iíve been through similar, with a different car, with a private mechanic and a joyride by the mechanics newly employed son. They repaired the damage but the car was never the same. Donít let them get away with it.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:44 PM
buckmeister2
CF Senior Member

Then they will continue to get away with their incompetence in their hiring practices and their work. I’m sure that mechanic still has his job. These dealers work on their rep and ther service department rep. Now, he’s not in a position to demand anything because he’s already dealing with the insurance company. They offered the repair and comp because they realize it could have been a lot worse. As others said at the least a replacement. I doubt you would be so reasonable if it was your week old, new to you, car. I’ve been through similar, with a different car, with a private mechanic and a joyride by the mechanics newly employed son. They repaired the damage but the car was never the same. Don’t let them get away with it.
I agree with everything you said, 386. Yes, I would be pissed. But being angry enough to crap twinkies does not make a diff in the legality of this situation. The OP is NOT dealing with the insurance company, he is dealing with the dealer. The dealer is dealing with his insurance company, and neither of them care to do any more than is morally or ethically required, which also happens to be what any lawyer representing the OP would expect them to do. If this were a dealer with known history of similar issues, it "might" be different, as negligence could possibly be proven. However, with no known history, it is a simple mistake that did not result in injury, so the only provable damages are to the vehicle. And, as someone else mentioned, this will likely be covered under an umbrella policy, so will not show up on carfax via insurance reporting.

HOWEVER...the OP should absolutely insist that the dealer not allow any manner of reporting this repair outside of his facility. Otherwise, it just might pop up on Carfax, or the national auto repair reporting service.

Last edited by buckmeister2; 12-11-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:06 PM
No. 386
CF Senior Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I agree with everything you said, 386. Yes, I would be pissed. But being angry enough to crap twinkies does not make a diff in the legality of this situation. The OP is not dealing with the insurance company, he is dealing with the dealer. The dealer is dealing with his insurance company, and neither of them care to do any more than is morally or ethically required, which also happens to be what any lawyer representing the OP would expect them to do. If this were a dealer with known history of similar issues, it "might" be different, as negligence could possibly be proven. However, with no known history, it is a simple mistake that did not result in injury, so the only provable damages are to the vehicle. And, as someone else mentioned, this will likely be covered under an umbrella policy, so will not show up on carfax via insurance reporting.

HOWEVER...the OP should absolutely insist that the dealer not allow any manner of reporting this repair outside of his facility. Otherwise, it just might pop up on Carfax, or the national auto repair reporting service.
I donít crap twinkies, I eat them, their my favorite health food. Although youíre half correct, sometimes itís hard to tell the difference
Old 12-11-2018, 09:02 PM
buckmeister2
CF Senior Member

I donít crap twinkies, I eat them, their my favorite health food. Although youíre half correct, sometimes itís hard to tell the difference

that's intentional, don't you know???
Old 12-12-2018, 06:16 AM
No. 386
CF Senior Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Really, ya think?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Jstan2014
CF Senior Member

Liked 254 Times in 221 Posts

Old 12-12-2018, 07:40 AM
ruxvette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 761 Times in 639 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

My guess is there not an insurance company involved (dealership probably has a large deductible) so it won't show up on Carfax, etc. It could very well show up on the VIS unless it is repaired totally off the books.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front tire came off

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: