C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

427 Front Splitter - ACS vs. RPI

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 07:04 AM
bruno06
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 74 Posts

Very pleased with mine from RPI. Good fit and quality. Paint work was excellent. Install was easy, using existing holes and clips. It scrapes now and then. I did install a curb alert and that helps when parking at least. It is shipped in a heavy cardboard box with wood in. The center to prevent it from getting crushed in transit.

RPI lead time on painted items us usually 4-5 weeks.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:50 PM
hms
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ACS Made the fourth gen trans am ws6 and camaro ss hoods for GM.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:08 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,795 Likes on 4,232 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by K-Spaz
how can you guys possibly keep them from scraping? Just the drainage on the streets where they slope the street down and it transitions at intersections is enough for mine to hit at 2 miles per hour. That's just stopping at a stop sign and pulling away. There's almost no where I can take my car that it doesn't hit. I don't know how you guys do it.
The front splitter or the air dam? The air dam is designed to scrape, the front splitter not so much. I don't have any issue scraping my front splitter but do drive cautiously over any perceived uneven roadway. I have to come up my driveway at an angle because my neighborhood has uncut curbs - which is annoying even in my other vehicles which are SUVs.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:22 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I have the Extremem Online Store stuff too, I baby it and it's still taken some damage, I think the worst of it was someone that stepped on it. So no reason to spend big bucks when these fit perfectly and look outstanding. My next one I will ne covering with clear bra though.
The following users liked this post:
ExtremeOnlineStore (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 01:23 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Spaz
how can you guys possibly keep them from scraping? Just the drainage on the streets where they slope the street down and it transitions at intersections is enough for mine to hit at 2 miles per hour. That's just stopping at a stop sign and pulling away. There's almost no where I can take my car that it doesn't hit. I don't know how you guys do it.
I left my ride height bolts alone and added a 19/20 setup with a taller than usual sidewall and it really helped. I still have to be careful on steep slopes but it's not as bad as my C5 was.

Quick Reply: 427 Front Splitter - ACS vs. RPI