C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed following an accident

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 07:36 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Try this link for exploded views on front suspensions. Change vehicle for your year. I hope this helps and good luck.

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part...-v8-gas-engine

Last edited by enventr; 12-20-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:46 AM
Knoxrower
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Whats a horsebox?
The following users liked this post:
Jstan2014 (12-23-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 12:18 PM
Kimball
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Biggish box van with a container and horses on the chassis.
Jstan2014 (12-23-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 05:28 PM
Grand Sport Jim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like what we would call a horse trailer. Mr. Ed’s limo!
Jstan2014 (12-23-2018)
Old 12-23-2018, 09:09 PM
Jstan2014
Safety Car

Received 546 Likes on 421 Posts

OP, Best of luck with your repairs. Hopefully all goes well and you’re back on the road sooner than later.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:56 AM
Kimball
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jstan2014
OP, Best of luck with your repairs. Hopefully all goes well and you’re back on the road sooner than later.
Not looking good so far. I've spoken to everybody suggested that I can get hold of both on the phone and by email and get a sort of blank response as soon as I mention shipping out of the US. The parts are freely available but I've even requested that they box them up for me and I'll arrange a shipping company to come and pick them up, but apparently no interest, I don't suppose there is anybody on here that could do that on my behalf for a fee is there? I've even tried to buy one set that looks perfect, but ebay won't let me buy it without the seller allowing oversees purchase and the seller just doesn't reply to me.

Depressingly annoying as I can see at least 4 sets of exactly what I need on ebay right now.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:57 AM
Kimball
Instructor

Originally Posted by SnakeQ
Might know of a business which would take delivery of parts for shipment to you, and may even be help in finding what you need. They would need a detailed list of the parts you need of course and some form of up-front payment or direct payment by you to the vendor that they would find. The business is a Corvette repair shop; they only work on Corvettes. They do everything except paint and/or body work. Very reputable shop located in Sumter, South Carolina.
Hi, I could really do with details of this company, I am finding it nearly impossible at the moment, and it doesn't seem that it should be this hard.

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:45 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by K-Spaz
I would think any of the US based used parts vendors would be willing to ship whatever you wanted. I'm not sure what shipping method you were looking to use, but UPS and USPS are pretty expensive as the box gets bigger and the box gets heavier. That may not be a concern, and if not, PM me and I'll get you some info for a local knowledgeable corvette recycler.
it's comical. I post this and even get a thanks for it, but no interest in knowing who will supply the parts. Whatever
Old 01-05-2019, 11:39 AM
jwp2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimball
Hi, I could really do with details of this company, I am finding it nearly impossible at the moment, and it doesn't seem that it should be this hard.

Thanks.
did you get the parts you need?
Old 01-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Kimball
Instructor

Originally Posted by ~STOLEN~
i would venture to say that you would be able to source everything on ebay. There are also a couple large venders on here that also have their listings on ebay to source from.

AEScorvette parts
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...9k-aa6373.html--------this isnt the model you have, but explore their website and you may find what you need

LEECparts----i just spent 1500 with this vendor and i am very happe with everything that ive recieved (interior pieces, carbon bezel, seats, door panels, console and trim pieces)
https://www.ebay.com/str/leecparts

good luck , let us know if you need anything else
AES look good, but just cannot get them to talk to me about shipping, tried email, ebay nessage and phone calls, just don't seem interested. Shame as they have great stock.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Kimball
Instructor

Originally Posted by K-Spaz
it's comical. I post this and even get a thanks for it, but no interest in knowing who will supply the parts. Whatever
I've already thanked you once, and missed this post, it wasn't deliberate

Last edited by Kimball; 01-10-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Kimball
Instructor

Originally Posted by jwp2

did you get the parts you need?
No sadly, the guy who was going to supply me won't commit to actually wanting to do it, bit of a pain but I guess it is a lot of bother. Cost me 3 weeks though in getting my car fixed which is irritating. I've PM'd you.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Kimball
Instructor

Originally Posted by SnakeQ
Checked with the business I mentioned earlier; they have a whole C6 front cradle minus the steering rack. They would be very willing to help you with your project. Have even shipped overseas many times as they have very reputable business credentials world-wide in the corvette world.
I'm still trying to get hold of this company and have PM'd you if you think they might still be interested?

Quick Reply: Help needed following an accident