C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will braum seats fit the c6?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 02:28 AM
Zr6xChris
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Will braum seats fit the c6?

Will any of braum's line of seats fit in well to the c6? Trying to figure out if the dimensions will fit in right
Old 12-28-2018, 07:36 AM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

I would like to know this as well
Old 12-28-2018, 10:28 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

Good thread to read on these seats.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...g-seats-3.html

It's a C5 but the C6 is very very similar in dimensions in this application.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:10 AM
Zr6xChris
Instructor

Originally Posted by jaredtxrx
Good thread to read on these seats.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...g-seats-3.html

It's a C5 but the C6 is very very similar in dimensions in this application.
all I got from that was it might barely fit or not fit lmao
Old 12-28-2018, 11:16 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Zr6xChris
all I got from that was it might barely fit or not fit lmao
The very last post has a link to SuperTom's thread on installing them; https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1594205066
Old 12-28-2018, 11:59 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,426 Likes on 2,793 Posts

Is Braum just another generic Chinese crap seat? I wouldnt bother, but some Sparco, OMP, or Recaro seats if you need new seats. Having you back snapped due to crap Chinese seats isnt worth it.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:31 PM
EVRGRN
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 200 Posts

Recaro Speed V seats are a nice option and they are designed to fit the c6. They are over $3k a pair with brackets though.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:00 PM
ttx350z
Drifting

Received 213 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Is Braum just another generic Chinese crap seat? I wouldnt bother, but some Sparco, OMP, or Recaro seats if you need new seats. Having you back snapped due to crap Chinese seats isnt worth it.
Yea, pretty much. A local guy has a pair of Braum’s in his C5, so they fit.

You can buy a brand new set (pair) of OMP’s for less than the price of the Braum. A set of Sparco’s would cost about the same. I went with OMP’s for my car.

Last edited by ttx350z; 12-28-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:52 PM
Zr6xChris
Instructor

I'm pretty sure BRAUM uses high quality all around material. I havent heard one complaint about them in person. They are cheap as in price but well worth the cash. Now I need to know if they fit in a c6 or not lol
Old 12-30-2018, 02:19 AM
rsb213
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I have them installed in my c6, so yes .
Old 12-31-2018, 06:08 PM
Zr6xChris
Instructor

Originally Posted by rsb213
I have them installed in my c6, so yes .
thank you brotha! Any adjustments needed to be made?
Old 12-31-2018, 11:48 PM
rsb213
Racer

Originally Posted by Zr6xChris
thank you brotha! Any adjustments needed to be made?
Nope. Fit just as you'd need them to. I have the Venom-R fixed back seats, not sure about others but they work just fine.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:54 PM
EviLS7
Pro

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts

Nope. Fit just as you'd need them to. I have the Venom-R fixed back seats, not sure about others but they work just fine.
You got some pics of them installed? I am looking into these as well, but I heard you have to tweak the mounting rails and all that to get them to work.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:14 PM
rsb213
Racer

Originally Posted by EviLS7
You got some pics of them installed? I am looking into these as well, but I heard you have to tweak the mounting rails and all that to get them to work.
Not sure about that. I bought some seat brackets that weren't designed for these seats because i got a really good deal on them. I did have to modify them but basically it was just cutting a tab off of the side of the rail because it was too narrow and poked the seat when it was mated to the rail. Don't have any photos currently, car is down for modifications.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:46 PM
EviLS7
Pro

Not sure about that. I bought some seat brackets that weren't designed for these seats because i got a really good deal on them. I did have to modify them but basically it was just cutting a tab off of the side of the rail because it was too narrow and poked the seat when it was mated to the rail. Don't have any photos currently, car is down for modifications.
From what I’ve gathered I can run vetteworks seat brackets and do the planted mount style, only downside is no automatic seat adjustment.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:14 AM
SpeedwaySD
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts

I recently contacted Braum directly about reclining seats that would fit in my C6Z and they recommended I go either fixed back or I'll need to swap out the driver seat with the passenger. Their concern was the reclining handle would not clear the side panels. Being the hardheaded person that I am, I decided to pull the trigger anyways on some Braum Elite-X seats with Planted brackets and just deal with the consequences later. Let me say this...it will take some modifying of the seat brackets as the holes in the Planted brackets won't line up in order to get them to fit correctly. I ended up having to either drill new holes or elongate existing holes on the brackets using a round hand file in order to shift the seat sliders to the right position. Also, with these Planted brackets, your OEM seat buckle will need to mount to the Planted brackets (just like the OEM seats did) so you'll have to get the correct threaded bolt + nut to secure it. Of course the length of the bolt will most likely be long as mine were so get ready to do some cutting to shorten the bolts. In addition, there's the other end of the seat belt that also needs to bolt into something so I ended up mounting it on one of the rear bolts on the floor board where you would mount the Planted brackets to the car.

Yes, I know these seats are nothing more than the cheap chinese made Ciphers seats or Corbeau's but IMO these look better. If you want something with less of a hassle and more plug n play, I'd recommended just going with Corbeau's RRS reclining seats as their sliding brackets don't require any modification to my knowledge but it'll cost a little more. Keep in mind that the Braum's or Corbeau's will sit lower by about an inch than your stock seats so if you're short, this may not be a good option for you. As you can also see in the pic there's not much room to raise the height on the seats as these are definitely taller. Overall, I'm pretty pretty happy with the seats as they hug you much better on the turns. My sliders work and I can recline as needed which is all I wanted. And even so it's not like you need to adjust them every day anyways, right? Hope this helps.

Last edited by SpeedwaySD; 04-16-2019 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:57 AM
EviLS7
Pro

Originally Posted by SpeedwaySD
I recently contacted Braum directly about reclining seats that would fit in my C6Z and they recommended I go either fixed back or I'll need to swap out the driver seat with the passenger. Their concern was the reclining handle would not clear the side panels. Being the hardheaded person that I am, I decided to pull the trigger anyways on some Braum Elite-X seats with Planted brackets and just deal with the consequences later. Let me say this...it will take some modifying of the seat brackets as the holes in the Planted brackets won't line up in order to get them to fit correctly. I ended up having to either drill new holes or elongate existing holes on the brackets using a round hand file in order to shift the seat sliders to the right position. Also, with these Planted brackets, your OEM seat buckle will need to mount to the Planted brackets (just like the OEM seats did) so you'll have to get the correct bolt + nut to secure it. Of course the length of the bolt will most likely be long as mine were so getting to do some cutting of the bolts. In addition, there's the other end of the seat belt that also needs to bolt into something where I ended up mounting it on one of the rear bolts on the floor board where you would mount the Planted brackets to the car.

Yes, I know these seats are nothing more than the cheapy chinese made Ciphers seats or Corbeau's but IMO these look better. If you want something with less of a hassle and more plug n play, I'd recommended just going with Corbeau's RRS reclining seats but it'll cost a little more. With any of these 3 brands keep in mind that they do sit lower by about an inch than your stock seats so if you're short, this may not be a good option for you. As you can also see in the pic there's not much room to raise the heights on the seats either as these are much taller. Overall, I'm pretty pretty happy with the seats as they hug you much better on the turns. My sliders work and I can recline as needed which is all I wanted. And even so it's not like you need to adjust them every day either, right? Hope this helps.
Which planted brackets did you use? I am considering the fixed Venom R seats from them and just wondering how much work I am looking at before diving in. I have been looking at vetteworks seat brackets since another corvette guy said he used their stuff and it worked great.

Get notified of new replies

To Will braum seats fit the c6?

Old 01-18-2019, 12:11 PM
SpeedwaySD
Racer

Here's the part numbers for the Planted brackets. I got them from Carid.com. The vetteworks brackets look great too from what I can tell in the pics. Good luck man!

Driver side: SB001DR (Carid PN: 735623436)
Passenger side: SB001PA (Carid PN: 735623438)
Old 03-04-2019, 11:49 AM
Prostreet513
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I am thinking about doing this swap as well. Did you have to use any type of harness or plug for the airbag light like these?

http://www.vetteworksonline.net/cata...roducts_id=158 or http://www.vetteworksonline.net/cata...e33ff6cu6nf3h3

Last edited by Prostreet513; 03-04-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:18 AM
SpeedwaySD
Racer

Yes, those were the exact same airbag simulators I used from Vetteworks. If you have the power telescoping steering wheel there’s another part number for that. Just call Vetteworks if you’re not sure as they are always very helpful.

Originally Posted by Prostreet513
I am thinking about doing this swap as well. Did you have to use any type of harness or plug for the airbag light like these?

http://www.vetteworksonline.net/cata...roducts_id=158 or http://www.vetteworksonline.net/cata...e33ff6cu6nf3h3

Quick Reply: Will braum seats fit the c6?