I think I'm jumping in - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I'm jumping in

Old 01-10-2019, 10:01 PM
08z93

I would always keep my car clean even if it weren't black. Get the Jetsteam Blue if that's what you really want! It's an awesome color and take the plunge.

Last edited by 08z93; 01-10-2019 at 10:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 08z93 For This Useful Post:
Shelstin (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 10:46 AM
choppychop
CF Senior Member

I wouldn't let a few hundred dollars stand in the way of getting the Vette you really want. Six months from buying it you'll be happy and those few hundred wont matter...much.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:57 AM
Bruze
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by choppychop View Post
I wouldn't let a few hundred dollars stand in the way of getting the Vette you really want. Six months from buying it you'll be happy and those few hundred wont matter...much.
I agree. Even a grand or so.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Shelstin

Well, the snow will keep me home this weekend, and I am committed to other things for the next few weeks. I'm playing this as this car wasn't meant to be. I'm disappointed, but it is what it is. And, black/black wasn't my first choice, so there we are!
I also want to say that I appreciate the comments, good...bad...or indifferent. You all have been very helpful. It's a good group.

Last edited by Shelstin; 01-11-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:33 PM
K-Spaz
CF Senior Member

I believe in the Beer Fairy

Where colors are concerned, I'm of the opinion that as long as you like the car a little when you get it, it'll grow on you as time passes. I did the same as Bruze. Had a requirements on my C5 of, No Red, No Open Roof, and No Automatic. Bought a red convertible w/A4. Loved it, later swapped to M6 and loved it more, eventually sold it after 6 wonderful years.

Would also have agreed with the Op on the dark colors. However................

A friend of mine wanted a C6 GS and he wanted Silver in the worst way. Got the car, said to me, "And it's easier ot keep clean!". I replied, "Just trust me, any Corvette owner can see from 100' away, if it's dirty." Years later, he tells me he still laughs about it because now he's also a Corvette owner, and if his isn't clean heading out for a cruise, he doesn't want to have people see it! Then he sees other guys Vettes when they're not clean and just shakes his head.

I have a 13 in Night Race Blue. I resolve to keep it clean, and it takes dedication. But the end result of seeing it when clean, is worth every bit of the effort. May as well be black, not sure what difference it makes really. Even my Carmine Red C5 looked shiny and clean when it was shiny and clean. But not when it was dirty. Funny how that works.

Something to consider. Black, while perhaps easier to pick out in a crowd that it's dirty, is NOT appreciably worse than the others if you want the car clean and shiny. Dirty is dirty, regardless of what color is underneath.
The Following User Says Thank You to K-Spaz For This Useful Post:
Shelstin (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 03:31 PM
Function Racer
CF Senior Member

Hold out for JSB. I had to search for a year to find mine but it is well worth the wait.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Shelstin

Yep. That's it!
Old 01-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Bruze
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by K-Spaz View Post
Where colors are concerned, I'm of the opinion that as long as you like the car a little when you get it, it'll grow on you as time passes. I did the same as Bruze. Had a requirements on my C5 of, No Red, No Open Roof, and No Automatic. Bought a red convertible w/A4. Loved it, later swapped to M6 and loved it more, eventually sold it after 6 wonderful years.

Would also have agreed with the Op on the dark colors. However................

A friend of mine wanted a C6 GS and he wanted Silver in the worst way. Got the car, said to me, "And it's easier ot keep clean!". I replied, "Just trust me, any Corvette owner can see from 100' away, if it's dirty." Years later, he tells me he still laughs about it because now he's also a Corvette owner, and if his isn't clean heading out for a cruise, he doesn't want to have people see it! Then he sees other guys Vettes when they're not clean and just shakes his head.

I have a 13 in Night Race Blue. I resolve to keep it clean, and it takes dedication. But the end result of seeing it when clean, is worth every bit of the effort. May as well be black, not sure what difference it makes really. Even my Carmine Red C5 looked shiny and clean when it was shiny and clean. But not when it was dirty. Funny how that works.

Something to consider. Black, while perhaps easier to pick out in a crowd that it's dirty, is NOT appreciably worse than the others if you want the car clean and shiny. Dirty is dirty, regardless of what color is underneath.

As mine is just a fair-weather summer toy, it is real easy to keep it sparkling, in and out. The biggest effort is keeping the wheels clean and keeping that lovely *** clean, which always seems to collect road dust. I usually blow it off with the air hose before I take it out, and also the road dust on the body behind each wheel.

On a lazy Saturday or Sunday afternoon, rather than sit on the porch and getting drunk, I'll actually wash the car even if it doesn't really need it. A quick zip through the interior with the portable vac and she looks brand-new.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:27 PM
corvettewill
CF Senior Member

Not my car, but craigslist S.F. Bay has this 2012 Blue ZO6, 47,840 miles. Asking $44,998. Contact 925 979-1111

Last edited by corvettewill; 01-11-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:40 PM
corvettewill
CF Senior Member

Not my car, but craigslist Austin has this Jetstream blue ZO6, 14,000 miles. Asking $46,500. Contact Chris 512 698-6250.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:49 PM
corvettewill
CF Senior Member

Not my car, but craigslist Tampa Bay has this 08 Jetstream blue ZO6. 12,000 miles. Asking $40,000. Contact seller through ad.

Last edited by corvettewill; 01-11-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:57 PM
corvettewill
CF Senior Member

Not my car, but for sale @Wheel City Motors this 08 Jetstream blue ZO6. 24,597 miles. Asking $37,133.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:47 PM
LowRyter
CF Senior Member

The C6 is used bargain car IMO. Look around. There are more cream puff C6 for a good deal than any car on the road.

Black is real PIA. Not a daily driver color IMO. I once had a dark blue, not black color, not again. Never get black unless it's for show and not go.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:43 PM
08JSBThomas

good deal! i just bought mine last week and couldn't be happier. Way better than my mustangs and trans am i've had in the past.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:37 PM
hmmmm16417
CF Senior Member

I considered a black vette when I was looking, but i remembered how hard it was to keep the black car clean. one time my black car was really dirty and covered in some pretty good dust (long gravel dirt driveway) and my son thought he was cute and drew smiley faces with his finger on the hood along with "wash me". it scratched enough that it took a few hard passes with a buffer and polishing compound to get it most of the way out. when I sold the car 3 years later, i swear i could still barely see it if I looked close enough. because of that, I passed on all black vettes LOL

I went with lemans blue, the same color as the 2002 zo6 I had because you don't see many of them around and I LOVE the blue. that's one reason i bought the 2006 rather than 2008 as well.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:20 PM
GotVett?
CF Senior Member

If you get what you really want, you'll never be sorry.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:56 PM
2nd chance
CF Senior Member

When do you wash a black car ? Right after you finish drying it !! Just my opinion an black is ALWAYS nicer when its somebody's elses

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I think I'm jumping in

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: