LED Light Bar - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Light Bar

Old 01-11-2019, 06:45 PM
GingerGranny
CF Member

Default LED Light Bar

I live in Montana and last summer it was pretty sketchy driving through the mountain roads at night even after installing the new Morimoto headlights! I have a small light bar on my truck and it makes a world of difference! If I could see a bear, moose, elk, deer or even a damn jackrabbit coming from a ways away, the brakes on the Vette can handle a quick stop vs. evasive maneuvers when you can't see something until it's too damn late!

Has anyone out there ever (or would be willing to) retrofit a fog light housing to hold either a single small light bar or a combination (to get a driving and spot light combo) of LED light bars in them?
I am thinking of a combination of the 4" or 6" Midnight Edition E-Series Pro:

https://www.rigidindustries.com/midn...-e-series.html

and the 6" Midnight Edition SR-Series Pro:

https://www.rigidindustries.com/midn...sr-series.html

If it can only accommodate the 4" (either driving or spot optics) that would be the route I would try and go.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:26 PM
TecCrash

Originally Posted by GingerGranny View Post
I live in Montana and last summer it was pretty sketchy driving through the mountain roads at night even after installing the new Morimoto headlights! I have a small light bar on my truck and it makes a world of difference! If I could see a bear, moose, elk, deer or even a damn jackrabbit coming from a ways away, the brakes on the Vette can handle a quick stop vs. evasive maneuvers when you can't see something until it's too damn late!

Has anyone out there ever (or would be willing to) retrofit a fog light housing to hold either a single small light bar or a combination (to get a driving and spot light combo) of LED light bars in them?
I am thinking of a combination of the 4" or 6" Midnight Edition E-Series Pro:

https://www.rigidindustries.com/midn...-e-series.html

and the 6" Midnight Edition SR-Series Pro:

https://www.rigidindustries.com/midn...sr-series.html

If it can only accommodate the 4" (either driving or spot optics) that would be the route I would try and go.
I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking of starting out with upgrading the driving lights to get more "Ditch" light. I'll try to take a look at our base model and see if there might be something there.

Thxs
Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to TecCrash For This Useful Post:
GingerGranny (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 07:50 PM
ptroxx
CF Senior Member

Location: Rohnert Park/Sonoma Co. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach

I installed these fog lights and returning home from the Grand Canyon leaving at 4 am I could see everything so much better with these. It was unreal how good they were.

http://www.jwmotorsportsllc.com/C6-C...n-2_p_149.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ptroxx For This Useful Post:
GingerGranny (01-11-2019), TecCrash (01-14-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 08:03 PM
GingerGranny
CF Member

Originally Posted by ptroxx View Post
I installed these fog lights and returning home from the Grand Canyon leaving at 4 am I could see everything so much better with these. It was unreal how good they were.

http://www.jwmotorsportsllc.com/C6-C...n-2_p_149.html

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for something much, much more potent than sticking an LED bulb into a halogen housing that will blind people!
This would be similar a LED light bar and would have to be turned off for oncoming traffic.
I spoke with Mike at Vettesthetics and he said he has done something similar in the past. I will try and get something going with him on this and let people know how it works out!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:34 PM
ptroxx
CF Senior Member

Location: Rohnert Park/Sonoma Co. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach

Originally Posted by GingerGranny View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm looking for something much, much more potent than sticking an LED bulb into a halogen housing that will blind people!
This would be similar a LED light bar and would have to be turned off for oncoming traffic.
I spoke with Mike at Vettesthetics and he said he has done something similar in the past. I will try and get something going with him on this and let people know how it works out!
they donít blind people when you turn them off. Like your gonna do anyway.
Leaving the Grand Canyon at 4am. I turned all my lights off and just had my fogs on and it light up like it was daylight. Being able to see everything on the side of the roads was great.
But I SEE what your going for. Iíll be interested to see what ya come up with.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:25 PM
FAUEE
CF Senior Member

I'd just do a big *** bar in the front opening. Maybe make it removable so if you plan to track it you can keep it from blocking air flow. Just cruising you wont have any issues.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: