C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about a C6 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 12:22 AM
JLPZ
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about a C6 for sale

I'm looking for a local C6 for sale by me and I came across this, just want an expert opinion since I've never been in a C6 Z06.

I don't see any branding on the fenders or the Speedo so I don't think it is one but can I get some feedback here please? Also what would be a reasonable offer whether it is or isn't.
Thanks guys.

https://offerup.co/G8Wvoit5qT

Last edited by JLPZ; 01-13-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:24 AM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 582 Posts

It's not a Z
Old 01-13-2019, 12:31 AM
JLPZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jimijam
It's not a Z
thanks. I thought so, at least the missing Z06 on the gauge was what made me doubt it was.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:36 AM
hmmmm16417
Drifting

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

as well as the missing wide body, the missing vent ducts , the missing seat logo, the wrong brakes..... the list goes on
Old 01-13-2019, 11:29 PM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

would the Vin not say what it is??
Old 01-14-2019, 01:26 PM
Garry in AZ
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

It's a base model car. Still a very nice car, but not Z06. And I don't think it has a 7.0 liter engine either.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:04 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,314 Likes on 886 Posts

Yikes. There is a lot of wrong information in that ad. I would pass. Seems a bit shady.
The following users liked this post:
GS60th#47 (01-19-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 06:23 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,713 Likes on 2,998 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Get the vin number & do a google search, it will cost you nothing
Old 01-18-2019, 07:35 PM
molecule
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder
would the Vin not say what it is??
Try this will let you know https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...YW2DW6A5101388

Old 01-18-2019, 11:23 PM
JLPZ
Intermediate

I see they changed the description,
it says stick shift Vette 2 seater with a stic shift now.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:04 AM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Please do not be offended by what I am going to say...It appears you know next to nothing about C6 Vettes...I would strongly recommend a base model, not a Z, and recommend you not buy from a place that will not even show you a price, and who does not even know what they have. The mileage does not scare me...that car should be priced somewhere around $15K. It is a base model, base trim level. At that price, not a dime more, it would be a good starter for you, if it is in good shape.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:20 AM
JLPZ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
Please do not be offended by what I am going to say...It appears you know next to nothing about C6 Vettes...I would strongly recommend a base model, not a Z, and recommend you not buy from a place that will not even show you a price, and who does not even know what they have. The mileage does not scare me...that car should be priced somewhere around $15K. It is a base model, base trim level. At that price, not a dime more, it would be a good starter for you, if it is in good shape.

I'm not offended at all, I am looking for a base not a Zo6, I just asked the question for input from the forum because It didn't look like a Z. and yes I agree, I wouldn't buy it from someone who has no idea what it is he's selling and I'm not going to buy sonething I'm not sure of. When I had my C5 the seller went over all service records, had receipts for everything, showed me a ton of pictures from meets and car events, and the car was immaculate in and out.
i've been looking at private owner and dealer listings locally and it seems like the majority don't know the actual history, whether they are stock or have any upgrades. Alot say automatic when they are manual and vice versa. I went to see one this past week at a dealer and the car reaked of cigarettes and had ashes and garbage and food wrappers everywhere. I was told the service manager is driving it for now but they will detail it. I should have taken a picture to post here but it didn't cross my mind at the time, I told him I'd pass. One dealer here even shows one described as a Chevy Avalanche.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:18 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by JLPZ
I see they changed the description,
it says stick shift Vette 2 seater with a stic shift now.
That's because I e-mailed him a couple of days ago and told he is offereing wrong info on the car. Here is a copy of the e-mail:

Old 01-19-2019, 12:23 PM
JLPZ
Intermediate

Lol, I see. No wonder he changed it. I figured someone contacted him.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:36 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

I'm not offended at all, I am looking for a base not a Zo6, I just asked the question for input from the forum because It didn't look like a Z. and yes I agree, I wouldn't buy it from someone who has no idea what it is he's selling and I'm not going to buy sonething I'm not sure of. When I had my C5 the seller went over all service records, had receipts for everything, showed me a ton of pictures from meets and car events, and the car was immaculate in and out.
i've been looking at private owner and dealer listings locally and it seems like the majority don't know the actual history, whether they are stock or have any upgrades. Alot say automatic when they are manual and vice versa. I went to see one this past week at a dealer and the car reaked of cigarettes and had ashes and garbage and food wrappers everywhere. I was told the service manager is driving it for now but they will detail it. I should have taken a picture to post here but it didn't cross my mind at the time, I told him I'd pass. One dealer here even shows one described as a Chevy Avalanche.
Had I known you've owned a C5, I would have tempered my comments a bit. I had to laugh at the experience you have had so far, as I have seen the very same thing, especially about the manual vs. auto trans. Can you imagine letting an employee eat and smoke in a Corvette you want to sell??? Just for kicks, I would recommend you change your search to nationwide, on autotrader, cargurus, and cars.com. You will get a much better idea of pricing, condition, and selection. For me, it was a lot of fun to learn what is really available, as opposed to what I was seeing in and around Las Vegas. Don't be afraid to travel to buy the right car...better to get what you want 1000 miles away than to settle for less because it is close.

Good luck!
Old 01-19-2019, 01:08 PM
JLPZ
Intermediate

Had I known you've owned a C5, I would have tempered my comments a bit. I had to laugh at the experience you have had so far, as I have seen the very same thing, especially about the manual vs. auto trans. Can you imagine letting an employee eat and smoke in a Corvette you want to sell??? Just for kicks, I would recommend you change your search to nationwide, on autotrader, cargurus, and cars.com. You will get a much better idea of pricing, condition, and selection. For me, it was a lot of fun to learn what is really available, as opposed to what I was seeing in and around Las Vegas. Don't be afraid to travel to buy the right car...better to get what you want 1000 miles away than to settle for less because it is close.

Good luck!
I agree that's probably the way I'd get the best price and condition. There are 2 on here I'm looking at that I'd have to fly out for and drive back. .
Old 01-19-2019, 07:58 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

I agree that's probably the way I'd get the best price and condition. There are 2 on here I'm looking at that I'd have to fly out for and drive back. .
I'e done it twice, J. first time was only 600 miles. Second was 2400...both were great trips, and well worth it. I am sure I will have to do it again when I get another C6.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:26 PM
JLPZ
Intermediate

I'e done it twice, J. first time was only 600 miles. Second was 2400...both were great trips, and well worth it. I am sure I will have to do it again when I get another C6.
Sounds like a good experience, how better to enjoy such a nice ride than a nice road trip.

Get notified of new replies

To Question about a C6 for sale

Quick Reply: Question about a C6 for sale