C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 C6 question from a forum newbie...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 09:55 PM
Okefenokee-Joe
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 C6 question from a forum newbie...

Been a huge fan of Vettes but never owned one. I really like the looks of the 2013 Anniversary 327 1SC, white with blue racing stripes.

My question is does anyone here own one? Would love to get your input, likes, dislikes...

Secondly, what is everybody’s thoughts on that car as a daily driver? Is that a mistreatment of what could be a collectors car? Or, is it more of a drive it if you like it thing?
Old 01-15-2019, 08:26 AM
BLEKVET
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 150 Posts

Just a typo, but it’s a 427. I don’t own one, but I did drop a 427 LS7 into my 2011 Grand Sport. The LS7 is a jewel of an engine. A true race car motor. The 2013 should have corrected heads / valve guides, but before buying, have the heads checked. I’m not a convertible guy, but I sure do love the way they look! Beautiful cars. As a daily driver, I just can’t imagine doing that for hundreds of reasons. But, not one of them is because the car should be kept as a collector piece. One thing is for sure, the harder you drive a Vette, the better it performs. What I mean is, just cruising is great, but you can’t experience the amazing qualities of a Vette unless you unleash it. It was never designed to be a grocery getter - even though the C6 holds an impressive amount of store-boughten goodies. I digress - drive it. No reason not to do so.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:59 AM
SnakeQ
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

As well as the typo, the 60th Anniversay 427 vert has silver stripes on the body and dark blue/black stripes on the dark blue soft-top! The car is all you would imagine. It is literally a Z06 with a steel chassis and a convertible top; add to that some ZR1 wheels, skirts and splitter, and rear spoiler and you have a pretty sweet machine. I personally do not drive mine daily, but if you choose to do that, then do it!!! I have not had the valve guides inspected on my car, but I am not worried about it either. I don’t know the percentage of LS7 owners that have actually had that particular failure, but I am quite sure that it is a significant miniority of the total number. At any rate, I would jump on an opportunity to own one of these cars; you can’t go wrong. I just took mine for it’s annual oil change & service and when I pulled into the service drive thru at Hendricks Chevrolet in Charleston SC, everyone in the place turned and looked at the car. Some even stopped what they were doing and came over to admire it and comment on it to me. The service rep (Jess) commented that it was a beautiful car and when the service was completed, even had it parked in a special parking spot away from all the other cars awaiting pickup. So, if you have a car in your sights, pull the trigger; you will not regret it!
Old 01-15-2019, 09:35 AM
marinablu67
Drifting

Received 319 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Okefenokee-Joe
Been a huge fan of Vettes but never owned one. I really like the looks of the 2013 Anniversary 327 1SC, white with blue racing stripes.

My question is does anyone here own one? Would love to get your input, likes, dislikes...

Secondly, what is everybody’s thoughts on that car as a daily driver? Is that a mistreatment of what could be a collectors car? Or, is it more of a drive it if you like it thing?
I'm curious, have you had the chance to drive any C6 yet? I would drive a few, before you deicide if you want to use it as a daily driver, especially if you work in a city with broken, pot hole ridden roadways. These cars are very low profile, and you have to be especially careful going over speed bumps, going over and through high crowned intersections to fast, entering or exiting driveways with drainage channels, etc. It truly is a learning experience.
I don't want to discourage you, but you asked for thoughts on that car as a daily driver?
Old 01-15-2019, 10:24 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Agreed with the above. One thing I will differ on is the collector status. A 427 vert will be a collector car one day, but a higher mileage example (probably anything over 35k miles) will not see a large price benefit from it.

Dont take these comments to mean these are gonna be million dollar cars, they will just be worth more than their more common standard brethren. In many ways that already shows as their prices havent dropped like other vettes.

Basically, if it's something you would think about, you wont want ro drive it, because it will feel like its costing you money every time. My dad bought a sweet 993 that needed some work right before they went crazy in price. He loved it at first but as they skyrocketed he never wanted to drive it because he was always worried about someone hitting him, and any miles costing him resale money.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:16 PM
Nice Ride
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

I have a 2013 427 Anniversary Corvette and love the car. Best combination of Z06 and ZR1 and last 427/505HP. Thanks for your appreciation of the Anniversary Edition. It is my 6th Corvette and probably the favorite. The 6 speed trans is an exceptional fun drive. Car pulls so strong through the gears. I have yet to let the genie fully out of the bottle. Half peddle pins you to the seat and the car just wants to run. I do miss the auto trans in traffic but auto trans in 2013 could not handle the power. the 6 speed truly drives the beast. I put about 3K miles on the car each year as a pleasure drive. I am 2nd owner car was 3 years old and had 2K miles on it when I found it. Sold my 2015 C7 to buy it and have never looked back. This Corvette is a 4lt all options and stickered in mid $90's. Some early LS7 cars had valve guide issues but only pampered miles and so far my 2013 427 has not. I think the car being one of a kind will hold value but I bought it because it puts a smile on my face sitting behind the wheel or just adding carisma to my garage. Hope you can find one. A more available option to consider is a 2013 GS coupe in white with stripe package.

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 C6 question from a forum newbie...

Quick Reply: 2013 C6 question from a forum newbie...