C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Got It! WooT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:47 AM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by farmington
Looks like you got a great car at a good price. Hope you enjoy it. It’s a rather easy job to fix the paddles so right side is up and left side is down. Search for it.
Thanks, I compared it to three others that were within 200 miles and they were all 3-5k more. Two were 2013s, but had the about the same mileage and another was a 2010 with a little less mileage. All were 2LTs too. Plus the others were Red Hot and not the Crystal Red Tint, which I love.

Really, about the paddles? Interesting. I think I am fine with it the way it is. Just took me by surprise when I took it out for a test drive. Actually, I can see how it could be useful in this configuration. Especially when steering into tight turns. I know on the Camaro it could get a little "awkward" when one paddle was at the bottom and a bit harder to pull. Now either hand can do it.

Either way it is a nice feeling to be riding in it. Hugs the road better than anything I have ever driven. Guess the GS/Z51 suspension is definitely a good thing to have.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:54 AM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jimijam
The real question is, what parts have you ordered for it so far?
LoL, nothing quite yet. I do want to replace the radio to something a bit more modern and maybe add a rear camera. Though, it is pretty easy to back up to another car. Love the fact it has such a better view around than the Camaro. That thing had some serious blindspots. In the A Pillars and the B. Like that the Vette's A pillars are really narrow and the B isn't a problem since the window wraps around so far.

I already have an SCT Tuner from the Camaro that I de-paired and will use it when the Vette needs it. Not sure if it is worth tuning it totally stock. It doesn't have the issues with AFM and seems to shift well as it is.

Eventually will do an intake and exhaust and possibly headers, but nothing major. Actually nice having it relatively quiet in the cabin. Had a Corsa XTreme on the Camaro and it was a bit much at times, especially for a DD.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:34 PM
cadyshac
Drifting

Received 596 Likes on 393 Posts
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Really, about the paddles? Interesting. I think I am fine with it the way it is. Just took me by surprise when I took it out for a test drive. Actually, I can see how it could be useful in this configuration. Especially when steering into tight turns. I know on the Camaro it could get a little "awkward" when one paddle was at the bottom and a bit harder to pull. Now either hand can do it.

The synergy green camaro in my signature is an auto, I find the paddles useless unless you are going in a straight line. I didn't know the paddles are different in the vette but I prefer to row my own.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:28 PM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cadyshac
The synergy green camaro in my signature is an auto, I find the paddles useless unless you are going in a straight line. I didn't know the paddles are different in the vette but I prefer to row my own.
Yeah the camaro was tough when going through really curvy roads. The Vette's are in the same location, except you can pull them with your fingers to down shift or push the top portion of it with your thumb to upshift, or like the right paddle on the Camaro, holding it to have it go back into Auto mode.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:28 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by SPSandman
It is an Auto. Almost every Grand Sport in the area, within 200 miles for sale were all Auto. I had to have Red, and glad it was the Crystal Red Tint. Love the color with the Tan interior. I would have gotten a M6 if one was available in the color I wanted, but was fine with the Auto. Especially, since it will be my daily driver. Luckily I don't drive to DC everyday anymore in bumper to bumper. Just about 20 miles away from work now and don't have to hit the interstate at all, save for a couple trips to HQ. If I was still driving to DC I wouldn't be using the Corvette as a DD.
If you are going to DD it, there is one available set of A/S tires in GS sizes. They came out just after I replaced the Goodyears on mine, otherwise I would have bought them.
I never could get used to A6 shift programming, but then again it could just be me. I think the drive by wire delay in the throttle has a lot to do with that, there are multiple aftermarket solutions for that.

Quick Reply: I Got It! WooT!