C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPtuners MPVI2 help

Old 01-22-2019, 10:20 PM
xbigjoe
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPtuners MPVI2 help

Good evening,
i purchased this tuner from recommendation of the Corvette Forums. I think I made a good choice but after watching multiple videos and reading too I’m stuck. Can someone share what I need to add to my stock tune that I downloaded? I have a 2005 stock LS2 with JDM air intake and manga flow exhaust. I found a few tuners websites that charge for creating a tune from $100 & up. I feel I already spent $399 with 2 credits already and I hoping someone could just let me know what to change to give me some added HP. Thank you
Old 01-22-2019, 10:33 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

If only life were so simple. What you should do is spend a lot of time reading and learn to tune, or pay someone to tune the car properly. It is more than a matter of changing a few generic things.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:51 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by realcanuk
If only life were so simple. What you should do is spend a lot of time reading and learn to tune, or pay someone to tune the car properly. It is more than a matter of changing a few generic things.
I have to agree with this. Unfortunately, you have opened Pandora's Box and there are no simple answers. Turning is a lot of fun and I am not going to try to diminish that by saying you can't do it. But understand there is a fairly steep learning curve and it is not for the faint of heart. After I got my tuning software and my PC for that, I spent about $1,000 before I was able to really start tuning. You've got the cost of a wideband and then the cost of the tuning school and countless other items before I could really begin. Yes I know, nobody tells you that up front. It is possible to do without some of that if you have enough knowledge but unfortunately people with that knowledge or not generally your closest friends willing to give it up for $0. I wish you the best of luck, it is rewarding when you finally get there but I would recommend the tuning School as your next stop.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:22 PM
xbigjoe
Intermediate

Thank you for the honest answers. I was under the impression there were sample tunes and I could tweak them on my own. Yes I looked at lot of info up, read and watched videos. I made a honest mistake. Can someone let me know who the best tune is for the money so I can have this done the correct way? TY
Old 01-23-2019, 01:54 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

You own the HPtuners now, why not get The Tuning School and a wideband and go for it?
Old 01-23-2019, 01:55 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

You also don't have your profile filled out with your location so there's no way anyone can recommend a tuner. Won't do a lot of good if you're in Boston and someone recommends a tuner in LA.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:18 PM
xbigjoe
Intermediate

I updated my profile, Sorry I’m still a newbie

Old 01-23-2019, 06:11 PM
BigBlok502
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 305 Likes on 220 Posts

I second the Tuning School. I bought their home program a couple years ago, along with a wideband, and did a street tune (data logging, make some pulls, make changes to the tune, repeat.) I still have the manual for reference, which to me is a plus. At the very least, check out their YouTube videos.

Get notified of new replies

To HPtuners MPVI2 help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HPtuners MPVI2 help