C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I dont understand, Help me out

Old 02-15-2019, 12:42 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by JABCAT
I’ve also noticed certain forum vendors also have eBay stores and have better pricing/lower shipping for the same part on their eBay sale than they do on their website or with the “forum” discount.

I choose not to deal with vendors who alter their prices on different forums because to me that’s shady.

You’ll also find different prices on OEM parts on various gm parts direct type websites. Some sites show discounts of 15% while others discount 33% or more. Some jack up the shipping and others charge actual shipping.
I have a few items on ebay and other websites. Because of the cost to use those sites is not the same, in order to net the same dollars in my hand, I'm forced to alter advertised prices. If the fair price for a pair of used wheels was $300, I'd have to list them for $320 if I was a vendor on this forum, $340 on ebay, $327 on my own website, about $380 if I had a brick & mortar storefront, yet could sell them from my home for $280 cash. and carry. If I priced them at $380 everywhere to make sure I had my butt covered, you'd likely say I was ripping people off with outrageous pricing.

There are costs of doing business and the consumer pays them. You might as well use a credit card that offers a 1.5% rebate, because that 1.5% and more is already included in the price of nearly every product you buy.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:55 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by RichKiss
See if Autozone will match the price
They normally don't unless it's a local competitor. I go thru the same BS with Best Buy.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:10 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 178 Likes on 160 Posts

OP, my guess there are a few things at play that may be involved in pricing, one is retailer - to - retailer price differences, the other is the trade tariff wars going on over the past few months with China, a third may be where the parts are sourced, ie, if a parts house has relocated to the US causing a spike in pricing, lastly where the parts are in the retailers supplier inventory chain.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:49 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by ruxvette
I have had the local Chev dealer match the online price. Just take all the info to prove it is a match.
I've done that, too. I only stopped by to ask a question and was surprised when Chevrolet offered to price match.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I dont understand, Help me out