C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interiors? Are they that bad?

Old 03-13-2019, 11:41 PM
Muhnki
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_ZO6
That’s a little too pimp for me.
Agreed. I understand I may be in the minority, but Brown / Tan interiors SO don't do it for me. Nice aftermarket leather options for the C6 make the car perfect for me.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:45 PM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 582 Posts

Was that even tan? Butterscotchy (yeah, that's a word) looking to me. Hopefully it looks better in person. But then again, it ain't mine so I don't really care what it looks like in person.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:48 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

One thing that really turned me off with the C7 is the carpeting. It's like porch carpet. Indoor / outdoor. Looks cheap as hell. And the best looking seats are the Recarro seats, but for me at my age, they're too hard to get into and out of. Much happier with the C6.
The following users liked this post:
gradywhite931127 (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:41 AM
Reckedhim
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't think the interior is terrible. It's not great but it's not something that makes me dislike the car. It's not a car that's built for quiet luxury. As someone mentioned earlier, I like the big analog gauges. I also like that it has actual buttons to control the hvac and radio.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:23 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Originally Posted by Reckedhim
I don't think the interior is terrible. It's not great but it's not something that makes me dislike the car. It's not a car that's built for quiet luxury. As someone mentioned earlier, I like the big analog gauges. I also like that it has actual buttons to control the hvac and radio.
For someone who's used to '60s-era muscle cars it certainly *IS* a quiet luxury (sports) car.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:35 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruze
Windy, FWIW: I bought my '07 with 23k miles; it now has 35k and the seats look, well, still new -- or about as close as you can get to it. Nothing is broken in the interior, and all the 3LT gadgetry works like new.

So far, anyway.
Well i'm sure that like all rants, my rant against the C-6 interior is of course subjective. And I wish I was as lucky as you when it comes to your seats. While my 28-K seats aren't worn out, they look a lot worse than they should and the bolster is breaking down way to soon. Esp for a garage queen that gets babied more than ....well...a baby. My wifes Acura is 10 years old and has 100-K on it and the seats still sit very well and look a lot less worn than my Vette. I dunno. Maybe I am too hard on our beloved interiors, but I just got this feeling that if the car were to be driven as a DD and used as a DD (grocery getter...etc) that the poor interior would start to resemble an interior out of something like a Vega or Pinto....LOL. Now I can't wait for the first post saying....."I've been driving my C-6 as a DD for 10 years and the interior still looks brand new and nothing has broke".....
Old 03-14-2019, 08:47 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by jimijam
Was that even tan? Butterscotchy (yeah, that's a word) looking to me. Hopefully it looks better in person.
It does. Beautiful interior.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:44 PM
gradywhite931127
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

For someone who's used to '60s-era muscle cars it certainly *IS* a quiet luxury (sports) car.
I had a 73 Opel GT. Let me tell you, one of the worst rides I have EVER driven in. Car was cool looking and vintage, but man every bump I felt like my tailbone and spine whacked out of alignment. My 87 corvette actually was a pretty nice ride quality, comfortable, roomy, and hugged the driver just right. It wasn't too quiet though once I woke it up a little lol. I am going to have to really test drive both the C6 and C7 multiple times and do a little experiment. I'm curious as to what others have said about the C7 interior being like an updated C4 interior, because I really enjoyed my C4 interior. I am interested to see how the C6 feels to me when directly comparing how my C4 felt. I gather from what most have said here the seating is so different... I don't really recall from my few times in a C6 I didn't really feel much difference but then again I wasn't really focusing on the seats and how they felt.

Check out my C4, I actually miss it.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:58 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by gradywhite931127
I had a 73 Opel GT. Let me tell you, one of the worst rides I have EVER driven in. Car was cool looking and vintage, but man every bump I felt like my tailbone and spine whacked out of alignment. My 87 corvette actually was a pretty nice ride quality, comfortable, roomy, and hugged the driver just right. It wasn't too quiet though once I woke it up a little lol. I am going to have to really test drive both the C6 and C7 multiple times and do a little experiment. I'm curious as to what others have said about the C7 interior being like an updated C4 interior, because I really enjoyed my C4 interior. I am interested to see how the C6 feels to me when directly comparing how my C4 felt. I gather from what most have said here the seating is so different... I don't really recall from my few times in a C6 I didn't really feel much difference but then again I wasn't really focusing on the seats and how they felt.
I never, once, in my life cared about any interior. It just didn't matter to me and still really doesn't. I have never used it as a criteria for should I or should I not buy this car/truck.

For any hotrods I ever had it was all about how the exterior looked and how it moved. That's how I judged my women too, lol. Okay okay, so call me shallow.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:06 PM
gradywhite931127
Pro

I never, once, in my life cared about any interior. It just didn't matter to me and still really doesn't. I have never used it as a criteria for should I or should I not buy this car/truck.

For any hotrods I ever had it was all about how the exterior looked and how it moved. That's how I judged my women too, lol. Okay okay, so call me shallow.
Come to think of it, I agree with you there, especially in the case of hot rods, sports cars, or muscle cars. Interior was never really a factor to me unless I was looking at sedans that were more for everyday use, although I daily drove my 87 for a year straight with no quarrels about its interior. With the C4 though, I just wanted it. That was my first corvette, and interior quality could have been metal seats with no finishing at all I would have still gotten it because I loved the look of the C4 and could see myself in one. I had the same idea about the C6, but didn't have C6 money so the C4 was the next best thing. So truthfully, since the C6 came out in 2005 when I was 12 years old, it was my absolute favorite car, let alone corvette. I actually don't even think I really looked at the interiors because I was so fascinated with the exterior, even moreso when the Z06s, ZR1s, and then Grand Sports started coming out. Grand Sports to me are the sharpest looking of all the C6s. This is why I think if I got my hands on a C6 GS the way I wanted it, the lack of interior quality compared to the C7 might not matter to me that much. I guess the only way to find out is going to be some serious experimenting between both cars. Still a win for me!

Last edited by gradywhite931127; 03-14-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Bruze (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 10:17 PM
gradywhite931127
Pro

Going to be such a hard choice Both beautiful cars in my opinion, and talking a C6 GS supercharged vs. a C7 Z06 powers almost equal so it really becomes about exterior differences, ride quality, interior, etc. Can't wait to get to it.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:45 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Come to think of it, I agree with you there, especially in the case of hot rods, sports cars, or muscle cars. Interior was never really a factor to me unless I was looking at sedans that were more for everyday use, although I daily drove my 87 for a year straight with no quarrels about its interior. With the C4 though, I just wanted it. That was my first corvette, and interior quality could have been metal seats with no finishing at all I would have still gotten it because I loved the look of the C4 and could see myself in one. I had the same idea about the C6, but didn't have C6 money so the C4 was the next best thing. So truthfully, since the C6 came out in 2005 when I was 12 years old, it was my absolute favorite car, let alone corvette. I actually don't even think I really looked at the interiors because I was so fascinated with the exterior, even moreso when the Z06s, ZR1s, and then Grand Sports started coming out. Grand Sports to me are the sharpest looking of all the C6s. This is why I think if I got my hands on a C6 GS the way I wanted it, the lack of interior quality compared to the C7 might not matter to me that much. I guess the only way to find out is going to be some serious experimenting between both cars. Still a win for me!
Okay, great.

So what about women? Do we agree on that too?

How does this look: Yay or nay?

Attachment 48348997
Old 03-14-2019, 10:53 PM
gradywhite931127
Pro

Okay, great.

So what about women? Do we agree on that too?

How does this look: Yay or nay?

I'm gonna take the high road on this one (as girlfriend walks by ) BUT I can agree that God made one beautiful woman there in that picture!
Old 03-14-2019, 11:01 PM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

I'm gonna take the high road on this one (as girlfriend walks by ) BUT I can agree that God made one beautiful woman there in that picture!
with a lot of help from her plastic surgeon and photoshop
Old 03-14-2019, 11:04 PM
gradywhite931127
Pro

with a lot of help from her plastic surgeon and photoshop
LOL yes her in particular but there are some out there who were just naturally gifted and no need to even say, but natural is that much more beautiful!

BEAUTIFUL corvette here. Okay now I'm done lol but hey nothing wrong with appreciating true beauty in a woman.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:24 PM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 895 Likes on 583 Posts

I'm quite happy with the 4LT interior in my '13 GS with the 60th anniversary package with diamond blue interior. It looks better than any other sports car I've owned and frankly, the function of the interior is far more important to me than all the goofy things the car reviewers go on about. It has more than enough electronics for me. Last thing I want is some electronic system that automatically downloads a new operating system overnight and has bricked itself when I wake up in the morning. The one thing I swear I will replace is the NAV radio head unit. That is one dated ****.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:32 PM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

great pic of the rear

Get notified of new replies

To Interiors? Are they that bad?

Old 03-15-2019, 09:06 PM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

BRUZE....FWIW.....I don't really have to have a uno-numeral #1 interior either. But I don't want an interior that falls apart under normal use. Buttons that break......door panels shakier than a 50 cent ladder...... seats that wear quicker than a drunken sailor running for a W#$%E house. Esp when it is what is basically General Motors Flag ship auto. I may be wrong about the highest step of the ladder, but I think that the Corvette is right at the top, if not the top. People like you and I and everyone else that puts out the jack for GM's premium product should be able to drive it for at least a couple a years without worrying about pieces of interior falling off into your hand just from simple use.......thats my story and i'm sticking to it !!!!!......LOL......
Old 03-15-2019, 11:31 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by windyC6
BRUZE....FWIW.....I don't really have to have a uno-numeral #1 interior either. But I don't want an interior that falls apart under normal use. Buttons that break......door panels shakier than a 50 cent ladder...... seats that wear quicker than a drunken sailor running for a W#$%E house. Esp when it is what is basically General Motors Flag ship auto. I may be wrong about the highest step of the ladder, but I think that the Corvette is right at the top, if not the top. People like you and I and everyone else that puts out the jack for GM's premium product should be able to drive it for at least a couple a years without worrying about pieces of interior falling off into your hand just from simple use.......thats my story and i'm sticking to it !!!!!......LOL......
Dunno windy, as I said previously everything works on my car and looks nearly new at 35k miles. The previous owner was a woman and she must have taken good care of it.

Did you buy yours new?
Old 03-16-2019, 12:13 AM
gradywhite931127
Pro

great pic of the rear
Don’t you love the beefed up rear on the ZR1S?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interiors? Are they that bad?