C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do people do weird maybe jealous things to you when driving your Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 04:09 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Women in Honda minivans seem to think they're at the drag strip when the light turns green.

Oh wait, they always drive like that.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:57 AM
CJustin6
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Racers and compliments

I have got a reasonable number of compliments as well. I do get a good amount of people trying to race me too. Yesterday a 10 cylinder Bmw M5 tried racing me and I beat him so bad he might as well have been driving a Honda Civic. Lol. It just bothers me that people make assumptions about you because you have a corvette.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:13 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by CJustin6
I have got a reasonable number of compliments as well. I do get a good amount of people trying to race me too. Yesterday a 10 cylinder Bmw M5 tried racing me and I beat him so bad he might as well have been driving a Honda Civic. Lol. It just bothers me that people make assumptions about you because you have a corvette.
Hmmmm....seriously?

A BMW M5 V10 is 600 hp and 2.8s 0-60 and a 10.9s 1/4 mile. If you're driving a stock LS3 C6 you are around 4.0s 0-60 and 12s 1/4 mile. Even a Z06 is going to struggle with an M5.

Did the BMW driver know you were racing him?
Old 03-13-2019, 09:18 AM
ssg10587
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 82 Posts

Yes. People tailgate me more, blow by me or seem to take me passing them more personally. Not a placebo. Happens much more to me in my corvette than in my honda.

I think the aggressiveness and sportscar nature makes some people want to challenge you.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:28 AM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 180 Posts

Maybe it’s the yellow color. Maybe it’s the fact that although I’m 33 I look 25. I can’t be the only one that has had people act strangely. Kinda makes me want to sell the car.
LoL, I don't think there is much difference between 33 and 25. I guess when you get to be almost 50 you all are young wiper-snappers and look alike

I never experience anything like that, though occasionally ******** do pop up. But they are just ******** and will do ******* things. For them I don't think it matters what you are driving.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:09 AM
CJustin6
Intermediate

Default M5

Originally Posted by BlindSpot
Hmmmm....seriously?

A BMW M5 V10 is 600 hp and 2.8s 0-60 and a 10.9s 1/4 mile. If you're driving a stock LS3 C6 you are around 4.0s 0-60 and 12s 1/4 mile. Even a Z06 is going to struggle with an M5.

Did the BMW driver know you were racing him?
the m5 owner was definately a young man that I didn’t know that thought he would challenge me on a windy two lane parkway. We did 3rd roll. At least I was in 3rd. My car has free flowing mufflers and aftermarket intake and a tune. I haven’t dynoed it but it’s probably got more then the claimed 430 hp. I’m sure others will agree. My car weighs 3100 pounds his car weighs over 4000 pounds and only has a claimed 500hp at the crank and 384 foot pounds of torque. Before you try to make someone look stupid make sure you know what you are talking about

This is the M5 I speak of on my lift
. I work for Bmw. Now the brand new twin turbo 4.4 8 cylinder M5 which I have driven and went 140 mph in is 600 hp and is awd. That another story.

Last edited by CJustin6; 03-13-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Forgot
Old 03-13-2019, 10:26 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

the m5 owner was definately a young man that I didn’t know that thought he would challenge me on a windy two lane parkway. We did 3rd roll. At least I was in 3rd. My car has free flowing mufflers and aftermarket intake and a tune. I haven’t dynoed it but it’s probably got more then the claimed 430 hp. I’m sure others will agree. My car weighs 3100 pounds his car weighs over 4000 pounds and only has a claimed 500hp at the crank and 384 foot pounds of torque. Before you try to make someone look stupid make sure you know what you are talking about. Regardless of anything why are you on a corvette forum defending Bmw. I work for Bmw and don’t defend them. lol.
I'm on a Corvette forum questioning a big fish story. That BMW which you are trying to justify beating is simply faster by any numbers you care to try to stretch. Add to that, the M5 is AWD so it's going to put all of it's 600 turbo charged HP down on the ground.....if HE was really racing you. I'm guessing he was not.

I've not had any of the odd experiences with my C6 that you describe you are having, but have had the occasional boy racer try to taunt me into a street race. I don't bite BC I value my driving privileges and drag racing or reckless driving is not worth it. I'm also not going around acting like that boy racer either. Maybe you are and why you think every one treats you like an a$$hole on the road which maybe they are.

Look at your posts, you can't even come to grips with your own age and I am concluding the problems you're experiencing on the road are self-generated or a figment of your creative imagination.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:30 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Specs for a BMW M5

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...6/2018-bmw-m5/
Old 03-13-2019, 10:31 AM
CJustin6
Intermediate

I'm on a Corvette forum questioning a big fish story. That BMW which you are trying to justify beating is simply faster by any numbers you care to try to stretch. Add to that, the M5 is AWD so it's going to put all of it's 600 turbo charged HP down on the ground.....if HE was really racing you. I'm guessing he was not.

I've not had any of the odd experiences with my C6 that you describe you are having, but have had the occasional boy racer try to taunt me into a street race. I don't bite BC I value my driving privileges and drag racing or reckless driving is not worth it. I'm also not going around acting like that boy racer either. Maybe you are and why you think every one treats you like an a$$hole on the road which maybe they are.

Look at your posts, you can't even come to grips with your own age and I am concluding the problems you're experiencing on the road are self-generated or a figment of your creative imagination.
your one of those angry people that likes to fight with people on forums. The car I raced was a 10 cylinder M5 and not the one your speaking of. Look up the facts and stop sounding like a fool. Not 600 hp not awd

Last edited by CJustin6; 03-13-2019 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Fact
Old 03-13-2019, 10:35 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

your one of those angry people that likes to fight with people on forums. The car I raced was a 10 cylinder M5 and not the one your speaking of. I’m not going to argue with a fool.
Typical - out of any issues and you're relegated to name calling. Can't wait to see who you race and beat next...with a stock C6 base.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:46 AM
CJustin6
Intermediate

Typical - out of any issues and you're relegated to name calling. Can't wait to see who you race and beat next...with a stock C6 base.
Good comeback. But I guess it’s hard to have a comeback when your wrong. I didn’t claim to beat a Lamborghini aventador. I claimed to be a car that weighs almost 1000lbs more then than my car and has 50 less ft lbs of torque then mine. I think my car stock would have similar results but is not complete stock which I said in a previous post and your still thinking mine is completely stock. If you know corvette you know how well they perform with simple modifications but I already said mine wasn’t stock and your still not listening.

Last edited by CJustin6; 03-13-2019 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Fact
Old 03-13-2019, 10:53 AM
I B Old
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 03-13-2019, 10:58 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Good comeback. But I guess it’s hard to have a comeback when your wrong. I didn’t claim to beat a Lamborghini aventador. I claimed to be a car that weighs almost 1000lbs more then than my car and has 50 less ft lbs of torque then mine. I think my car stick would have similar results but is not complete stock which I said in a previous post and your still thinking mine is completely stock. Hi f you know corvette you know how well they perform with simple modifications but I already said mine wasn’t stock and your still not listening.
I've tuned C6s...subercharged C6s. You said in a previous post you have a muffler and CAI upgrade and a tune. On an LS3 that'll give you 20 hp. The big surprise is neither of those upgrades gave you the 20 hp on an LS3. If your tuner was good the 20 was left on the table by GM in the first place. CAIs do nothing on a C6 and in a lot of cases, once the MAF is relocated on the aftermarket CAI, the uncontrolled turbulence around it causes a loss in the power band.....in most cases, and a tune cannot compensate for physics.

You didn't legitimately beat that M5 with a stock C6 or your "modified" one if he was really racing you....not today...not any day....Sorry. I love Corvettes too but I'm grounded in reality.

Last edited by BlindSpot; 03-13-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:19 AM
CJustin6
Intermediate

I've tuned C6s...subercharged C6s. You said in a previous post you have a muffler and CAI upgrade and a tune. On an LS3 that'll give you 20 hp. The big surprise is neither of those upgrades gave you the 20 hp on an LS3. If your tuner was good the 20 was left on the table by GM in the first place. CAIs do nothing on a C6 and in a lot of cases, once the MAF is relocated on the aftermarket CAI, the uncontrolled turbulence around it causes a loss in the power band.....in most cases, and a tune cannot compensate for physics.

You didn't legitimately beat that M5 with a stock C6 or your "modified" one if he was really racing you....not today...not any day....Sorry. I love Corvettes too but I'm grounded in reality.
Where do you work that you have tuned anything I would like some proof. I would like some evidence. I work at a bmw dealership. those pics are Bmws that have come into the shop at the dealership. The M5 pic is one that I worked on and drove and have to admit that the new model M5 is fast and would beat my corvette and is in fact the fastest car I have ever driven and believe that is the one you are defending. I claimed to beat an E60 M5. The 10 cylinder M5. That weighs 1000lbs more then mine and has at least 50 ft lbs less torque then my car. I never claimed to beat the new 8 cylinder 4.4L twin turbo awd 600 hp M5. You have your facts wrong and you repeatedly stand by your incorrect facts which tends me to believe you are a narcissist and or a psychopath or at the very least a fool. I have driven all three of these vehicles how many have you driven one? None? Do you even have a corvette? What are you doing on a corvette forum wrongly defending Bmw m5’s? Get a life. A real tuner would never try to make the argument you are making. Are we done or do you want me to smash you some more.?

Last edited by CJustin6; 03-13-2019 at 06:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Vet Interested (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 11:23 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Back to name calling again. With all those big words, you must be looking in a mirror.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:23 AM
CJustin6
Intermediate

Default More proof

Had to delete the pic of me in my bmw work jacket

Last edited by CJustin6; 03-13-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:25 AM
CJustin6
Intermediate

Default Hahahha

Back to name calling again. With all those big words, you must be looking in a mirror.
i didn’t call you a poopy head. The thing is you started this and I’m finishing it. Where your proof of doing anything. Only reason I’m even on here today and not at work is because of the flu. Lol I’m done though I’ve proved my point.

Last edited by CJustin6; 03-13-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Do people do weird maybe jealous things to you when driving your Vette?

Old 03-13-2019, 11:28 AM
CJustin6
Intermediate

and If I could own a corvette over Bmw I would any day of the week and if your on this forum defending Bmw you should be thrown out

Last edited by CJustin6; 03-13-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:28 AM
SlothX311
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by ssg10587
Yes. People tailgate me more, blow by me or seem to take me passing them more personally. Not a placebo. Happens much more to me in my corvette than in my honda.

I think the aggressiveness and sportscar nature makes some people want to challenge you.
I think so too. When I'm in my truck I don't see any of this behavior. Just yesterday I took the car out for maybe 15 minutes and encountered a guy in a Mustang GT did a little rev as he went through the intersection.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:31 AM
Chevyrelic
Pro

Received 251 Likes on 142 Posts

Holy mackerel guys...YES there are BMW M5s that have V10s that can be beat by a base C6 model Corvette. The E60/E61 (2005-2010 cars)) did 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds. Some faster, some slower. Now, if you tangled with a 2011 and later twin-turbo version of the M5... you most likely wouldn’t have had time to read the license plate. I believe the OP stated that it wasn’t one of those versions. Now, back to our regularly scheduled programs...
The following users liked this post:
Vet Interested (03-13-2019)

Quick Reply: Do people do weird maybe jealous things to you when driving your Vette?