Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Do people do weird maybe jealous things to you when driving your Vette?

Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do people do weird maybe jealous things to you when driving your Vette?

Old 03-11-2019, 09:44 PM
CJustin6

Default Do people do weird maybe jealous things to you when driving your Vette?

I bought my 2011 C6 Corvette on New Yearís Eve 2018. I live in New York so havenít driven it too much.

I keep having interactions with people on the road that leaves me to believe they are jealous of me because I have a corvette maybe??? One of the guys at my job seems like he hates me now( Iím a Bmw tech and he used to work for Gm and loves corvettes.) Iíve had people block me in at the gas station, block me from passing on a two lane highway, I had a semi pull up into a lane that leads to a parkway just to cut me off. Anyone else experience this behavior? Kinda wish I bought a Chevy SS or maybe a G8 GXP. All I ever wanted was the most performance for my money.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:29 PM
buckmeister2
CF Senior Member

Honestly, the examples you have given sound like nothing more than you projecting negative motivations onto common, everyday events. What you describe is the same stuff that has happened to me, even when I drove a beater pickup. I can't speak for the "former" friend of yours, but that could be anything. I'm on my second C6, and have never noticed anyone show disdain. I either get ignored, or I get some form of approval from others.

Of course, my car is not bright yellow, which some people may feel means, "LOOK AT ME!" Or, maybe not...
Old 03-11-2019, 11:33 PM
RobLo
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I live in NY too, it's the way people drive here, Corvette or not. Most NY drivers suck although I used to think NY and NJ had the worlds worst drivers until I recently spent a month down in Florida....
Old 03-11-2019, 11:33 PM
madsonp
CF Senior Member

Women take off their panties and rub their crotches when I drive by..........does that count ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to madsonp For This Useful Post:
FiveVettes (03-14-2019), ghayesjr824 (03-12-2019), hmmmm16417 (03-12-2019), jimijam (03-11-2019), Rico7142 (03-15-2019), wadenelson (03-12-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 11:35 PM
RobLo
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by madsonp View Post
Women take off their panties and rub their crotches when I drive by..........does that count ?
Nah, only counts if they rub YOUR crotch!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RobLo For This Useful Post:
jimijam (03-11-2019), Rico7142 (03-15-2019), vettpapaw (03-12-2019), wadenelson (03-12-2019), zaragoza (03-13-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 11:37 PM
jimijam
CF Senior Member

You are in Montana, right? Are you sure they are women?
The Following User Says Thank You to jimijam For This Useful Post:
DarkAngelnl (03-12-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 11:40 PM
madsonp
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
You are in Montana, right? Are you sure they are women?
Oh yes, up here they are, you must be thinking of California.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:41 PM
Vette_DD
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by CJustin6 View Post
IDo people do weird maybe jealous things to you when driving your Vette?
Never had that problem with any of the Vettes I had.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:44 PM
CJustin6

Default Yellow Vette

Maybe itís the yellow color. Maybe itís the fact that although Iím 33 I look 25. I canít be the only one that has had people act strangely. Kinda makes me want to sell the car.

Last edited by CJustin6; 03-11-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:46 PM
CJustin6

Default Yellow

As far as the yellow goes this car was cheaper then some of the other ones I could find and thought I might get it vinyl wrapped. I do like the way it looks but donít like the flashiness of it.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:52 PM
madsonp
CF Senior Member

As far as the yellow goes this car was cheaper then some of the other ones I could find and thought I might get it vinyl wrapped. I do like the way it looks but donít like the flashiness of it.
I don't mind it on mine, the more visible the better I figure, less likely to have someone pull out in front of me, unless the LEO's around. then it not that good
Old 03-11-2019, 11:53 PM
Bruze
CF Senior Member

Maybe itís the yellow color. Maybe itís the fact that although Iím 33 I look 25. I canít be the only one that has had people act strangely. Kinda makes me want to sell the car.
To answer your question, no.

Sell the car because of that? LOL. There must be something else going on here.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:53 PM
TorchRedFred
CF Senior Member

The yellow looks nice especially with the black headlights. Also, I see some black wheels in your future.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:15 AM
CJustin6

Default Yellow

I don't mind it on mine, the more visible the better I figure, less likely to have someone pull out in front of me, unless the LEO's around. then it not that good
yes yellow has its strong points and weaknesses. Not sure if Iím for it or against it yet. I had a yellow Dakota 5.9 R/T when I was a young man and it got me into a lot of trouble. Lol.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:40 AM
Icecap
CF Senior Member

I bought my 2011 C6 Corvette on New Yearís Eve 2018. I live in New York so havenít driven it too much.

I keep having interactions with people on the road that leaves me to believe they are jealous of me because I have a corvette maybe??? One of the guys at my job seems like he hates me now( Iím a Bmw tech and he used to work for Gm and loves corvettes.) Iíve had people block me in at the gas station, block me from passing on a two lane highway, I had a semi pull up into a lane that leads to a parkway just to cut me off. Anyone else experience this behavior? Kinda wish I bought a Chevy SS or maybe a G8 GXP. All I ever wanted was the most performance for my money.
Never have a problem and get lots of compliments and often get gestured to do a burnout which I graciously decline because I dont want to trash $800 bucks worth of tires. Last year I had a car in the adjacent lane on the freeway pace me while their passenger was taking pictures of our car. The funniest thing that happened to me was a gas station while fueling it up a white haired guy pulled into the pump beside me in a open wheeled hot rod sporting lots of chrome and a fancy paint job. As he got out he yelled over at me "Mid life crisis too?"

Old 03-12-2019, 06:33 AM
enventr
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by RobLo View Post
I live in NY too, it's the way people drive here, Corvette or not. Most NY drivers suck although I used to think NY and NJ had the worlds worst drivers until I recently spent a month down in Florida....
i moved to Florida after living on
LI most of my life. You are correct. Florida has the worst drivers! They do not know what a directional signal is used for lol. The auto insurance is higher here than in NY.

Last edited by enventr; 03-12-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:20 AM
Spaceme1117
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by enventr View Post
i moved to Florida after living on
LI most of my life. You are correct. Florida has the worst drivers! They do not know what a directional signal is used for lol. The auto insurance is higher here than in NY.
This is everywhere, not just Florida.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:24 AM
Cooter Tech
CF Senior Member

I think it’s the color, I’m sure of it! Bright yellow drives me nuts! In my blue convertible I only get smiles and waves!

Last edited by Cooter Tech; 03-12-2019 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:25 AM
Corvette_Ed
CF Senior Member

On a trip out to Cali a few years ago I had a guy circling around my car on the highway filming me as I was driving down the road.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:58 AM
BlindSpot
CF Senior Member

Sounds like you're excited and a little overwhelmed with Corvette ownership. Think a minute about the examples you've listed of other drivers you suspect might be envious (not jealous) that you are driving an 8 year old yellow car. Put yourself in each of those positions as the other driver. Do you honestly think you'd intentionally take these various actions because you were envious of a yellow Corvette? Do you ever find yourself taking such actions if, say, someone pulls up next to you in a yellow Lamborghini?

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: