C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need 2007 brake booster

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 04:19 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

Default Need 2007 brake booster

I guess the first real sign that your car is getting very old is when you start having difficulty replacing significant parts. For my Red it's GM p/n 15237761, the brake booster. My dealership is showing it discontinued by GM. I'm seeing the same status at Cultrag and the other on-line GM parts houses. Am I now at the mercy of the junk yards?
Old 03-14-2019, 04:54 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Have you tried posting a WTB thread in the C6 Parts Wanted/For Sale section?
Old 03-14-2019, 04:57 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Will try anything. Without brakes, Red is a driveway ornament.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:24 PM
crusher1
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Rock Auto has remanufactured ones---AC Delco

Check it out

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...e+booster,1884

Last edited by crusher1; 03-14-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:55 PM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,116 Likes on 693 Posts

Also Google ACDelco 19286768
Old 03-14-2019, 11:35 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by crusher1
Rock Auto has remanufactured ones---AC Delco

Check it out

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...e+booster,1884
Thanks very much crusher1. This looks very promising. My dealership is telling me their computers indicate five new OEM units exist at other dealerships around the country. They may not really exist, but even if just one does then that dealership must sell it to mine. If none of the five exist, Rock Auto looks like the next best alternative.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:13 AM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Update. I've been without Red for a week and a day. Still no word from those five dealerships around the country GM says have new brake boosters in their local parts stocks.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:16 AM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,307 Likes on 1,050 Posts

Originally Posted by Eritosthenes
Update. I've been without Red for a week and a day. Still no word from those five dealerships around the country GM says have new brake boosters in their local parts stocks.
What do you mean "still no word." Call up the parts department at each one and find out if they have the part. That's what I did when I needed the discontinued "dead pedal" - my dealer gave me the name of two dealers across the country that showed stock. Called both, got prices and bought from the most favorable one.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:19 AM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
What do you mean "still no word." Call up the parts department at each one and find out if they have the part. That's what I did when I needed the discontinued "dead pedal" - my dealer gave me the name of two dealers across the country that showed stock. Called both, got prices and bought from the most favorable one.
I'm not, nor ever have been, in an adversary relationship with my dealership. They know how their multi-tier supply system works, and injecting mysef into that process would simply be poor form. That trust was rewarded this afternoon when they called to say it was ready. I was not at all surprised to see that the brake booster was not GM OEM new, but rather an AC Delco remanufactured unit. Physical access to remove and replace the brake booster is very tight. They logged right at five labor hours in the process, and replaced all brake fluid. All in, the cost came to just under $1,100. I guess the good news is that this happened before departing on a 2,000 mile round trip to NYC in early April.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:25 AM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
I'm not, nor ever have been, in an adversary relationship with my dealership. They know how their multi-tier supply system works, and injecting mysef into that process would simply be poor form. That trust was rewarded this afternoon when they called to say it was ready. I was not at all surprised to see that the brake booster was not GM OEM new, but rather an AC Delco remanufactured unit. Physical access to remove and replace the brake booster is very tight. They logged right at five labor hours in the process, and replaced all brake fluid. All in, the cost came to just under $1,100. I guess the good news is that this happened before departing on a 2,000 mile round trip to NYC in just two weeks.

Last edited by Eritosthenes; 03-20-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need 2007 brake booster

Quick Reply: Need 2007 brake booster