C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror electronics - 2008 C6

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 06:13 PM
Pilgrim86314
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mirror electronics - 2008 C6

2008 C6

Factors: OnStar completely disabled by disconnecting the OS control box and V1 is hardwired down the panel under the pax floorboard.

Situation: there's power to the map lights in the RVM but no power to the compass readout or the airbag warning or the mirror dimmer. Where do they draw power from? There's nothing in the floor distribution panel to reflect that's the source.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:33 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilgrim86314
2008 C6

Factors: OnStar completely disabled by disconnecting the OS control box and V1 is hardwired down the panel under the pax floorboard.

Situation: there's power to the map lights in the RVM but no power to the compass readout or the airbag warning or the mirror dimmer. Where do they draw power from? There's nothing in the floor distribution panel to reflect that's the source.
It could be simply a connector not making good contact. Check that out first on your rear view mirror connector. A pin could be bent, etc. It's either one of 2 wires (Pink or tan/Black wire) Those 2 wires go to the rear view mirror from the PPS module for the inflatable restraint system (air bags)

The power comes from the Right foot well Fuse SDM/AOS Air Bag fuse 10A
I'm thinking if this fuse is blown, you should have air bag alarms.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:51 PM
Pilgrim86314
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SUMERZ
It could be simply a connector not making good contact. Check that out first on your rear view mirror connector. A pin could be bent, etc. It's either one of 2 wires (Pink or tan/Black wire) Those 2 wires go to the rear view mirror from the PPS module for the inflatable restraint system (air bags)

The power comes from the Right foot well Fuse SDM/AOS Air Bag fuse 10A
I'm thinking if this fuse is blown, you should have air bag alarms.

Thanks for the info. Mirror connections seem to be okay. Good info on where the power comes from. I would not have suspect that those several items drew from the SDM/OAS fuse but would have thought air bags, being critical, would have had a dedicated circuit. I'm left scratching my head over your last sentence; how does a blown fuse leave power to the air bag alarms?
Old 03-23-2019, 03:13 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilgrim86314
I'm left scratching my head over your last sentence; how does a blown fuse leave power to the air bag alarms?
Well, it would not have power if the fuse is blown, hence it should give an air bag alarm because the circuit is not intact.

Get notified of new replies

To Mirror electronics - 2008 C6

Quick Reply: Mirror electronics - 2008 C6