C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active handling coming up on dash at high speeds

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 01:42 AM
BackInBlack05
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
How many people you think walk away from going off the road at 120?
Does BOLD really escape you?
Old 03-19-2019, 07:44 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,441 Likes on 2,800 Posts

Originally Posted by BackInBlack05
Does BOLD really escape you?
When I read it, only the word assuming was bold. Must have been a weird tablet thing.

It's a worst case scenario. Insurance companies dont make money by paying out on claims. They make money taking in premiums and not paying out. It's a pretty easy denial to find out that changing the tire size to something that does not work and disables a safety system in the car. Would they go to this trouble? Who knows, I suspect it depends on the $ involved, so really it depends on the medical portion (as that's the big money).

Either way, fix the damn tires and don't drive like an idiot. Take it to the track if you want to go that fast.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:02 PM
BackInBlack05
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
When I read it, only the word assuming was bold. Must have been a weird tablet thing.

It's a worst case scenario. Insurance companies dont make money by paying out on claims. They make money taking in premiums and not paying out. It's a pretty easy denial to find out that changing the tire size to something that does not work and disables a safety system in the car. Would they go to this trouble? Who knows, I suspect it depends on the $ involved, so really it depends on the medical portion (as that's the big money).

Either way, fix the damn tires and don't drive like an idiot. Take it to the track if you want to go that fast.
Admitted playing with an M4 would be taunting a lot more liability than tires which had no indication until 120 mph. Others report no issue with the same size. OP didn't experience an ill handling vehicle despite the display. I recall nothing in the manual saying "use only factory sized tires". I presume a tire shop sold and installed the tires. Liability insurance covers many "mistakes".

I'll need a citation to a case where a claim was denied due to less than factory tire stagger. Otherwise it's unsubstantiated theory.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:23 AM
MikeSVT04
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Does your steering wheel move when you get in and out of the car? Or have you moved the steering wheel from one position?

If so, there is a clip under the steering wheel compartment dash that connects the streering wheel to the Active handling components. It's a white clip. If that comes loose, it can spark the AH at random times.

It's been many years since I looked into this issue, but I remember the clip being an issue.

I'll see if i can look up the old thread.

Last edited by MikeSVT04; 03-21-2019 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:01 AM
W27
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeSVT04
Does your steering wheel move when you get in and out of the car? Or have you moved the steering wheel from one position?

If so, there is a clip under the steering wheel compartment dash that connects the streering wheel to the Active handling components. It's a white clip. If that comes loose, it can spark the AH at random times.

It's been many years since I looked into this issue, but I remember the clip being an issue.

I'll see if i can look up the old thread.
The steering wheel and seat used to move when I got in and out of the car, but I shut that feature off. It stays in one place now. I’ve got a bunch of little upgrades I’m doing in the next few weeks. I’ll have most of the interior apart, so I’ll look for that clip. Maybe hit it with some dielectric grease.

Quick Reply: Active handling coming up on dash at high speeds