C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My clock wont work either

Old 04-15-2019, 12:52 PM
mkalush

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for the detailed information. There are more and more Corvette and Cadillac owners getting hit with this problem everyday and I hope GM takes the necessary steps to get it resolved. While I'm not holding my breath that a fix is coming I'm sure even they must realize that the problem is growing everyday and to ignore it will have significant future consequences in a very competitive auto market.
The following users liked this post: mkalush
ORISALA (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 01:02 PM
ORISALA
CF Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Same problem here in Spain.
A week ago I disconnected the battery in my 2008 C6 A6, and since then the clock is missing.

Last edited by ORISALA; 04-15-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:28 PM
LiaD

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Still no clock, nav works fine but doesn't show an ETA, just time remaining. I got into my diagnostic screen and it appears I'm only getting signal from 2 satellites, for all I know 1 may be XM radio. I guess I'll have to get a little sticky digital clock and stick it to the upper right corner of my nav screen.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:41 PM
Eritosthenes
CF Senior Member

Liked 98 Times in 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh Boy View Post
This a very real problem and effects a lot of Corvettes and Cadillacs. What the forum should do is get the ask Tadge section from the C7 hoarders and approach him with it. After all the ask Tadge section is really supposed to deal with the C5,C6,C7. This is a big problem and instead of the C7 section using it all for themselves and constantly asking Tadge stupid questions about the C7 maybe someone can ask there. If ask Tadge is really to be useful and do what it's supposed to I can't see of a better time than now.
I've sent a PM to Chevy Cust Svc to see if they can work this up their chain. I've also posted to Ask Tadge. If he decides to tackle the problem, that should bring engineering on board.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Oh Boy
CF Senior Member

Liked 169 Times in 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Eritosthenes View Post
I've sent a PM to Chevy Cust Svc to see if they can work this up their chain. I've also posted to Ask Tadge. If he decides to tackle the problem, that should bring engineering on board.
I don't have the problem but I do feel for the ones that do, and the potential ones that are coming up. I am going to post the PM that I sent on behalf of the C6 owners who have this problem. Apparently this is not a Corvette forum for everybody to share and help each other out but one for the C7 and everybody else. I sent this to the moderator of the Ask Tadge section.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:41 PM
Eritosthenes
CF Senior Member

What Should I Ask?
No matter the topic, please ask your question in a civil manner and try to make the questions succinct. Although Tadge’s current focus naturally is the C7, he has agreed to take your questions involving other generations of Corvettes, too.

If jvp thinks my question to "Ask Tadge" is improper simply because it speaks to a C6 problem, then I suggest he re-read his own charter.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:45 PM
Mike44665
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 35 Times in 29 Posts

To quote Eritosthenes

There are some who might suggest that GM's bankruptcy releases them from any defective product liability, but.........................

If I may point out the new GM went WFO with the leaking V6 valve cover gaskets that were setting cars and structures on fire. These were old GM vehicles. So since there are no flames involved we can throw the clock problem into the LS7 self detonating motor problem.

My $0.02.

As for post #46, touche ...............
Old 04-16-2019, 08:31 AM
crusher1
CF Senior Member

Liked 38 Times in 37 Posts

I found this, but its for GMC. Not sure if this will work for the vette. ????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btlu...s&app=desktop#

Last edited by crusher1; 04-16-2019 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:02 AM
Nypd4861

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I called the GM number regarding my 2007 corvette. They referred me to Onstar who referred me to a local Chevy dealer who had no idea what I was talking about. GPS not working also.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:33 AM
cmonkey713
CF Senior Member

Liked 399 Times in 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Nypd4861 View Post
I called the GM number regarding my 2007 corvette. They referred me to Onstar who referred me to a local Chevy dealer who had no idea what I was talking about. GPS not working also.
Just pass the buck and hope you will go away, typical GM customer service. My clock came back on April 5th so why didn't the others? We may never know.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:37 PM
Eritosthenes
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by cmonkey713 View Post
Just pass the buck and hope you will go away, typical GM customer service. My clock came back on April 5th so why didn't the others? We may never know.
As I understand it, April 6 should be the GPS week number rollover date. That's the date I had the misfortune to have engine work done that required the battery to be disconnected. I would strongly suggest you not disconnect your battery until this is sorted out.
The following users liked this post: Eritosthenes
cmonkey713 (04-17-2019)

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: