C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you consider an MRC upgrade for your C6?
Absolutely, I’m in
50.66%
Most likely
23.03%
Undecided, I need to know more
15.79%
Doubt it, but who knows
6.58%
NFW
3.95%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

C6 MRC Upgrades

Old 03-29-2019, 09:12 AM
c05v3tt3
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Mero
The administrators on the Corvette forum have been kind enough to allow me to post this thread without being a vendor as a "test the waters" poll to give me and indication of interest from C6 with MRC owners.

I know the thread has only been up a day, but I really thought there would be more interest. The calibrations I intend to develop will transform the car.

There are other social media avenues I need to pursue. For instance, I've never been a member of facebook, however, I know a lot of Corvette clubs have a facebook pages.

The difficulty is getting the word out to the target customer. Being that I are an engineer, I have never done marketing. So I need to spend a lot of time researching the avenues social media presents. Hopefully, after that, perhaps word of mouth will prevail. Corvette owners are a tight community.

Sorry, long answer to a short question, I suspect I will attend Carlisle. I've never been there, I've always wanted to go. Also, in addition to flashing any interested owners cars, I suspect it would be a good event to drum up business.

Relative to a 3 mode application for the 6th generation car, I am sorry to say, impossible. The 7th generation has a completely different electrical architecture. Also, the MRC software for the C6 does not allow for a third mode.
Great feedback and I'd certainly check in with you at Carlisle if you make the trip. Please make sure to re-post to let us know you're there since it's not until August and most would have likely forgotten by then. I'd give the poll some time as some members don't regularly check it on the forum so maybe the admin could make it a sticky for the next 30 days or so? Just food for thought.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:39 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

I'm seriously interested!
The following users liked this post:
Jim Mero (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 11:25 AM
HobbesTiger
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 118 Posts

I would be more interested if it were possible to tighten up the Tour mode a bit while keeping the Sport mode the same.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:36 AM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,229 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by HobbesTiger
I would be more interested if it were possible to tighten up the Tour mode a bit while keeping the Sport mode the same.
Thanks for the reply.

Do you track your car?
Old 03-29-2019, 12:12 PM
slammin86
Burning Brakes

Received 392 Likes on 205 Posts

I have a 2011 z06 with the z07 package which gives me mrc. I typically leave my car in sport mode and do not really see a difference between the 2 in most cases.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:19 PM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by slammin86
I have a 2011 z06 with the z07 package which gives me mrc. I typically leave my car in sport mode and do not really see a difference between the 2 in most cases.
Thanks for the reply.

I can assure you the new calibrations would be completely differentiated and appropriate for their respective modes. Do you track your car?
Old 03-29-2019, 05:47 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Although the thread would get more views here, you might post it in the Tech & Performance forum as well.
Jim Mero (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 06:05 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I have LG's G1 front and rear sway bars, would getting manufacturers specs and the amount of increased stiffness over stock be beneficial in your calibrations.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:50 PM
HobbesTiger
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Mero
Thanks for the reply.
Do you track your car?
I have a 2012 Grand Sport M6 and have yet to track it. Sport does not feel too aggressive, although it can be jarring at times on uneven pavement. The car has Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires and they are not as harsh as the OEM Goodyears. Tour Mode on the other hand allows too much body motion. I would definitely sacrifice Sport to get Tour firmed up.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:52 PM
joliett
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Hey...Great job on the Corvette...
My car is a 2008 2LT Coupe with MRC. I noticed how my suspension wobbles a little...so I am generally driving in Sport mode.

I would definitely opt in for this upgrade, so why cant 2008 be calibrated?
Old 03-29-2019, 10:50 PM
Xvoyager
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

As I had the same question - Posting the reply I received by PM. Quote:Originally Posted by XvoyagerThanks for the informative post, I'd like to participate but it's a 2008 base. Can you provide any additional advice, recommendations, or comments as to improve the ride/handling via the MRC for the 2008 and prior years.

Thank you for the years of service to Corvette, and all the best in retirement.
[Hi, I wish I had a good answer for you relative to the 2008 calibration, but I don't. It was a completely different set of software as well as a completely different controller. Tell you what, I will do some nosing around to see what it would take to access a pre 2009 car. No promises, but I will look into it.]

Last edited by Xvoyager; 03-29-2019 at 10:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Xvoyager:
joliett (04-07-2019), smhigh (04-10-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 02:29 AM
joliett
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Xvoyager
As I had the same question - Posting the reply I received by PM. Quote:Originally Posted by XvoyagerThanks for the informative post, I'd like to participate but it's a 2008 base. Can you provide any additional advice, recommendations, or comments as to improve the ride/handling via the MRC for the 2008 and prior years.

Thank you for the years of service to Corvette, and all the best in retirement.
[Hi, I wish I had a good answer for you relative to the 2008 calibration, but I don't. It was a completely different set of software as well as a completely different controller. Tell you what, I will do some nosing around to see what it would take to access a pre 2009 car. No promises, but I will look into it.]
Thanks for your reply...
Perhaps it would be a great idea to include in the thread's poll how many 2008 owners are interested in the upgrade. Hope we can be included in this wonderful opportunity. I know I am!
Old 03-30-2019, 07:56 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,647 Likes on 1,691 Posts

You are approaching this the correct way with your no-risk guarantee. My preference would be for an improvement in the Tour mode for daily driving while leaving the Sport mode alone. I only use Sport when driving hard, and I like the current calibration when doing so.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:16 AM
Todds427
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

So I live way out west and so the only way for me to get the upgrade would be send you my controller and you re-program and send back to me. Please let me know when I can do this, looking forward to it (need a softer ride for cruising around because I'm old and don't track the car) and also you will need to provide me with clear instructions of where the controller is located and how to remove it. Thank you!

Last edited by Todds427; 03-30-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:36 AM
John 511
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default MCR Upgade

What about a 2005 ?
Old 03-30-2019, 09:03 AM
gsflyer2011
Drifting

Received 266 Likes on 195 Posts

I have voted. I am all in. 2011 GS MN6, daily driver now 80 mikes a day commuting on I95, love my MRC but definitely can use more poised and less body movement and harshness in tour mode. I often have to go to sport mode to stop body motion at high speed at a cost of more harshness.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:45 AM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by TomdaToolman
I have LG's G1 front and rear sway bars, would getting manufacturers specs and the amount of increased stiffness over stock be beneficial in your calibrations.
I'm not quite sure I understand your question,

The influence of the MRC calibration when Increasing the roll stiffness is fine if the front and rear are proportionally increased the same amount. All this is in the linear range. In the nonlinear/transient range is something I can't comment on, simply because I have not evaluated it. Thanks for the reply, JIm
TomdaToolman (03-30-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To C6 MRC Upgrades

Old 03-30-2019, 10:52 AM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

I have a 2012 Grand Sport M6 and have yet to track it. Sport does not feel too aggressive, although it can be jarring at times on uneven pavement. The car has Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires and they are not as harsh as the OEM Goodyears. Tour Mode on the other hand allows too much body motion. I would definitely sacrifice Sport to get Tour firmed up.
First the Sport mode upgrade will have be much more balanced and less abrupt. The car is more poised in compression and rebound, resulting in a flatter ride. Relative to tour, the objective is the same. Better balance, flatter, more composed ride. Hope this helps, Thanks for your reply.

Jim
Old 03-30-2019, 10:55 AM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by BadAV
You are approaching this the correct way with your no-risk guarantee. My preference would be for an improvement in the Tour mode for daily driving while leaving the Sport mode alone. I only use Sport when driving hard, and I like the current calibration when doing so.
I can assure you the dynamics of the car with the new calibrations will be better that what you have now. Although I can't see any reason you wouldn't like it, the 0 risk option would apply. Thank you, Jim
Old 03-30-2019, 11:03 AM
Jim Mero
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Todds427
So I live way out west and so the only way for me to get the upgrade would be send you my controller and you re-program and send back to me. Please let me know when I can do this, looking forward to it (need a softer ride for cruising around because I'm old and don't track the car) and also you will need to provide me with clear instructions of where the controller is located and how to remove it. Thank you!
Actually, my intent is to send you the controller with the new calibration. You would have 10 days to install it and send me back your original controller, This way you don't have to down the car at all (except when the controller is being replaced). There would be a $600 core charge that is fully refundable when I receive your original controller.

As a 2nd option, If I can get enough interested customers, I am also considering a 2 or 3 week "Discover America" trip to major metropolitan areas throughout the country. My wife likes road trips. This will allow me to directly flash the car, no controller R&R necessary.

Thank you for your interest. Jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 MRC Upgrades