C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue tooth issues after upgrade in 09 vette

Old 04-15-2019, 10:19 PM
Allen Vos
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Blue tooth issues after upgrade in 09 vette

Hi Everyone

I just recently did the Bluetooth upgrade on my 2009 base/convertible. I changed the steering wheel so now I have the blue tooth buttons on it as well as the onstar module with one that has Bluetooth capability.
The module came out of a 2010 vette which is supposed to work in a 2009 as well.

My issue is that when I hit the Bluetooth button on the steering wheel to pair the phone it wont recognize any speech input at all through the microphone.

So I swapped the original on star module back into the car and VOILA the speech was recognized. So I know its not a microphone issue. Is there something I'm missing here?
Some kind of setting in the new module or did I just get a bad module?

Thanks

Allen
Old 04-16-2019, 03:14 PM
hmmmm16417
Drifting

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Don't the modules have to be programmed to the vehicle it is in? Not sure they are just plug & Play
Old 04-16-2019, 05:32 PM
Allen Vos
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as I know the only reason you would need to re-program it it to have a functioning on star system as they wont allow a subscription due to mismatched VIN numbers.

Phone and Bluetooth functions will still work on a plug and play basis provided you swapped the steering wheel into the car with the call buttons

This was actually done by different members on this forum with success by plug n play.

Get notified of new replies

To Blue tooth issues after upgrade in 09 vette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blue tooth issues after upgrade in 09 vette