C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: C6 Corvette Blind Spot Mirror
Yup
65.22%
Nope
34.78%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

C6 Blind Spot Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 11:43 AM
Custom Corvette Accessories
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 432 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by 4SUMERZ
I've adjusted the mirrors so I did not have a blind spot, but I would prefer a mirror that gives that extra side view just to be sure.

I think you are getting the point.

On my C7 I can adjust the mirror so I can see the side of the car AND everything else.
Including ZERO Blind Spot and I can see 1- 1/2 to 2 lanes over.

It's really an incredible view

Regards
Chip
Old 04-19-2019, 11:49 AM
Custom Corvette Accessories

Received 432 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by SlothX311
I appreciate the attempt to innovate here but I'll add my thoughts. The mirror on the C6 is so tiny that I don't think this will be useful. In the coupe, the rearview gives you pretty good visibility of whats behind you or even where a typical car "blind spot" would be. I'm guessing this is due to the massive piece of glass back there. I have my mirrors setup to be blind spot mode only, I move my head if I need to adjust the angle.
Originally Posted by 98Gambler
Hey Chip hope things are going well. I’m like Sloth that for me they aren’t needed except with my top off. The glare from the roof panel and my dark tint makes the rear view almost unusable. If they were stickon and reasonably priced I might be interested. Good idea.

edited to add, after see the C7 one I would give it a try.
Originally Posted by mikeCsix
If you have your mirrors adjusted properly, there really is no blind spot in the lane next to you. Maybe two lanes over,,,, but not right next to you.
Originally Posted by Icecap

If you can admire the side of your car in your rear view mirror they are adjusted to provide a blind spot.
Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
When the mirrors are adjusted correctly there is no blind spot next to you. Besides, it would cover up the "Objects in mirror are losing" text on my mirror.
Originally Posted by Oic0
I think people don't realize the blind spot situation relates to seat position too. I'm sure if its scooted way forward there is far less blind spot and turning your head is more effective. Me, I have LOTS of blind spot. Especially when merging onto the highway from a curved on-ramp. Will literally be running out of ramp and trying to angle my head every which way possible to see if its clear and can't. Yes my mirrors are angled all the way outward. Meanwhile i'm running out of ramp. Suuuucksss. My current solution is I have the seat scooted farther forward than is comfortable (Expecially getting in and out), I have the little round blind spot mirrors, and my mirrors are angled all the way outward. Helps help a ton but still isn't ideal and the lil round things are ugly.
My seat sits as far back as it can go without being part of the fuel tank, and with the mirrors adjusted accordingly I have no blind spot even with the top up.
Originally Posted by SPSandman
I have my seat almost all the way back as well and don't have any problems with blind spots. I will say the C6 is SOOO much better than my 2015 Camaro with regard to blind spots. The C7 seems to have a bit more issue since the back window doesn't go around the rear corners, which helps a ton on the C6. Either way, just takes a quick double check before changing lanes.

That being said I might be interested in this stick on mirror depending on price. Definitely wouldn't put one of the little mirrors on the C6, and don't really need it.

Just checked the price on the C7 one, not too bad and I would definitely be interested.
Originally Posted by JABCAT
if you have a blind spot, your mirrors are not adjusted correctly. I also have a ‘16 Wrangler Unlimited that many claim has horrible visibility due to the rear wiper motor taking up a chunk of the rear window & a big spare tire back there yet with the side mirrors adjusted correctly there’s no blind spots.
Originally Posted by gsflyer2011
Above. 95 percent of the people do not know how to adjust their mirrors. I have no blind spots.

Thanks Everyone

We can just stipulate that there is a correct way to adjust your mirrors.

Regards
Chip

Last edited by Custom Corvette Accessories; 04-19-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:58 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

The way that I have the mirrors set in all of my cars I don't have a blind spot. And still I always look quickly over my shoulder before changing lanes just to be sure.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:57 PM
captain vette
Safety Car

Received 1,214 Likes on 793 Posts

i think that it is a great idea, i'm in.
The following users liked this post:
CCA Corvette Parts (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 07:54 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

I'd be interested. Yes, I know how to adjust my mirrors so there is no blind spot per se, but the additional arc of visibility would still be welcome.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:56 PM
Sabre34

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 705 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Excellent! I’m in.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:55 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Count me in, I need something like that, when will it be available.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:11 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeCsix
If you have your mirrors adjusted properly, there really is no blind spot in the lane next to you. Maybe two lanes over,,,, but not right next to you.
No way. I drive my HD truck and full size work van with my mirrors. They all have backup cameras with front and rear sensors. To say adjust your properly and there is no blind spot is rediculous. The factory puts two type mirrors on vehicles for a legit reason. My wife's Yukon Denali XL has blind spot mirror sensors but it's easier to actually see what's in the blind spot. Of course this is just my take on this.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:12 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Custom Corvette Accessories
Thanks Everyone

We can just stipulate that there is a correct way to adjust your mirrors.

Regards
Chip
Yeah....good luck with that!
Old 04-19-2019, 10:52 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 906 Likes on 570 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Just so we're all on the same page, someone please describe the one correct way to adjust mirrors so there is no blind spot.

Last edited by wjnjr; 04-19-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:25 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Sorry Chip, lol, I know this thread has to be frustrating for you. It's funny that most of the posts to the thread are against the need for the mirrors (including my own sadly), but nearly 2/3 of the poll responses are for them. Personally I don't need them, but with the overwhelming positive response to the poll I'd say you have your answer that the majority are in favor of this. I wish you good luck with the new product!!
Old 04-20-2019, 08:03 AM
CCA Corvette Parts

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Sorry Chip, lol, I know this thread has to be frustrating for you. It's funny that most of the posts to the thread are against the need for the mirrors (including my own sadly), but nearly 2/3 of the poll responses are for them. Personally I don't need them, but with the overwhelming positive response to the poll I'd say you have your answer that the majority are in favor of this. I wish you good luck with the new product!!
The C7 Mirror is a smashing success - we have sold hundreds in the week or so that it
has been out and have hundreds more being made as we speak.

The C7 crowd was even tougher and landed about 40% in the poll we did there
so
60%+ should mean that this will go over well for the C6 too
When was the last time you saw 60% majority like anything...lol

What we saw happen with the C7 mirror is that a lot a of people said
the exact same thing about adjusting mirrors, No Need. Then once the
product came out and all the RAVE Reviews started coming in, a lot of the
folks that said No Need, suddenly became purchasers.

We are actually ecstatic about the 60% number - it's about 200% more
than we would need to go to market

Regards
Chip

Last edited by CCA Corvette Parts; 04-20-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:19 AM
CCA Corvette Parts

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Originally Posted by saplumr
No way. I drive my HD truck and full size work van with my mirrors. They all have backup cameras with front and rear sensors. To say adjust your properly and there is no blind spot is rediculous. The factory puts two type mirrors on vehicles for a legit reason. My wife's Yukon Denali XL has blind spot mirror sensors but it's easier to actually see what's in the blind spot. Of course this is just my take on this.
Originally Posted by saplumr
Yeah....good luck with that!
2 Interesting things to consider

1) It's called Pana-View for a reason (you get greatly increased area of viewing)
that FAR EXCEEDS any ADJUSTMENT to can do (correct or incorrect) In fact
this mirror will cover the entire spectrum from Correct to Incorrect and give you
improved vision across the entire range.

2) I challenge anyone to feels like there is no blind spot with OEM mirrors to PROVE IT (anyway you adjust them)
Go out side, adjust your mirrors any way you want to, and then start to take measurements.
Here is a hint: Take measurement from 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 ft straight back from the mirror.
Then move out 2 feet perpendicular from the drivers side door and do the measurements again.
Keep moving out another 2 feet and repeat until you lose all vision in the mirror.

Unfortunately many people just repeat what they have heard and read
as FACT and don't do their own re-search.

Does anyone really think that the designer of this product and CCA would not do adequate
product research BEFORE investing Thousands of dollars on a project like this...and then
do it again...

Regards
Chip

Last edited by CCA Corvette Parts; 04-20-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:36 AM
Oic0
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wjnjr
Just so we're all on the same page, someone please describe the one correct way to adjust mirrors so there is no blind spot.
They usually claim it's where you can't see any of the cars body or all the way out. I have mine all the way out, and I have blind spot mirrors. They probably think they have no blind spot, but as cars pass me there is a definite period of time that I can see them in the blind spot mirror but not my regular one.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:41 AM
TucoTom
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

I installed small camera's on the bottom surface of both side mirrors and connected to my Sony XAV 200 radio.
I can watch both sides of Corvette's blind spot at once via Sony screen. The glare sometimes diminishes the picture and glancing
down to see the screen can be distracting, overall I like the setup.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:29 PM
Oldguychuck
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a Polaris Slingshot for a toy and recently added some stick on convex mirrors. I did not think I needed them however after the first ride I realized how much more vision I had. I would assume it is the same on the C6 that you have gotten used to making do with what you have and would be surprised how much better it could be. I think any improvement would be welcomed..
Old 04-20-2019, 02:32 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Oldguychuck
I have a Polaris Slingshot for a toy and recently added some stick on convex mirrors. I did not think I needed them however after the first ride I realized how much more vision I had. I would assume it is the same on the C6 that you have gotten used to making do with what you have and would be surprised how much better it could be. I think any improvement would be welcomed..
It’s one of those things....you don’t know how easy and safe to use until you try and get used to them.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Blind Spot Mirror

Old 04-22-2019, 10:41 PM
SixAddict
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,119 Likes on 764 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I would be in for this also. Thanks Chip.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:48 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,674 Likes on 1,699 Posts

I don't want to lose the dimming on the mirror. I would be in if I didn't have auto dimming.

I do have one of the small round stick on mirrors on the driver side. I simply prefer being able to easily see anything on the driver side of the car by quickly checking the small convex mirror.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:35 AM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BadAV
I don't want to lose the dimming on the mirror. I would be in if I didn't have auto dimming.

I do have one of the small round stick on mirrors on the driver side. I simply preferring being able to easily see anything on the driver side of the car by quickly checking the small convex mirror.
I have those on both Corvette mirrors and even on my wife’s Yukon which has blind spot sensors and of course they don’t interfere with them.

Quick Reply: C6 Blind Spot Mirror