C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 C6 interior light problem?

Old 04-25-2019, 12:55 AM
Lex446
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 C6 interior light problem?

On my 05 C6 Convertible the mirror lights and green start button stay lit for 20 minutes after the car locks. Any ideas what to look for? Is there a timer or controller anywhere or is it triggered by the door lock
in the door? Any help would help me avoid a lot of digging or purchasing a service manual or even worse a trip to the dealer. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I'm going to post this in the tech section also.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:59 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

When I first purchased my 07 Vert from the dealer, I had the mirror lights stay on for 20 minutes as well. The dealer replaced a module as it was under warranty. I do not remember the name of it .The mechanic knew exactly what it was. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2019, 06:30 AM
Dman302
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Manual? I’d it securely in reverse?
Old 04-25-2019, 08:57 AM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

Check the light control on left side of dash. Easy to bump it getting in or out
The following users liked this post:
Landru (04-26-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 04:21 PM
BMF_C6
Pro

Received 311 Likes on 186 Posts

The 05 manual has to be firmly in Reverse and the E-brake set, then when the door opens and closes it starts the timer (no longer than a minute I would guess), the doors will lock and horn chirp and the lights dim. If the FOB is left in the horn will chirp twice and the doors wont lock.

Also make sure that when you hit the Shutdown button that the little red led is lit and not the acc.

Last edited by BMF_C6; 04-25-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:44 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by BMF_C6
The 05 manual has to be firmly in Reverse and the E-brake set, then when the door opens and closes it starts the timer (no longer than a minute I would guess), the doors will lock and horn chirp and the lights dim. If the FOB is left in the horn will chirp twice and the doors wont lock.

Also make sure that when you hit the Shutdown button that the little red led is lit and not the acc.
Are you sure about having to set the emergency brake, I have never set the brake and never had a problem on my 05...WW
Old 04-25-2019, 08:04 PM
BMF_C6
Pro

Originally Posted by WW7
Are you sure about having to set the emergency brake, I have never set the brake and never had a problem on my 05...WW
I guess not - the manual just says;

Parking Your Vehicle (Manual Transmission) Before you get out of your vehicle, move the shift lever into REVERSE (R) and firmly apply the parking brake. Once the shift lever has been placed into REVERSE (R) with the clutch pedal pressed in, you can turn the ignition off and release the clutch. If you attempt to exit the vehicle without being in REVERSE (R), the Driver Information Center (DIC) will display SHIFT TO REVERSE and a chime will sound. Notice: If you do not put a manual transmission in REVERSE (R) before exiting your vehicle, the battery will drain and could be damaged. Always put a manual transmission in REVERSE (R) before shutting off the engine and exiting the vehicle.

I have just always out of habit set the parking brake....
Old 04-25-2019, 10:44 PM
BMF_C6
Pro

Courtesy Lamps: When any door or the hatch/trunk lid is opened, the interior lamps will go on unless it is bright outside. You can also turn the courtesy lamps on and off by pressing the instrument panel brightness ****.

Entry/Exit Lighting: With entry lighting, the interior lamps will come on when entering the vehicle. The interior lamps will come on for about 20 seconds when the engine is off. You can turn exit and entry lighting off by quickly turning the courtesy lamps on and off.

Reading Lamps: Your inside rear view mirror includes two reading lamps. The lamps will go on when a door is opened. When the doors are closed, each lamp can be turned on individually by pressing the switch for that lamp.

Battery Run-Down Protection: Your vehicle has a feature to help prevent you from draining the battery in case the underhood lamp, vanity mirror lamps, cargo lamps, reading lamps, console or glove box lamps are accidentally left on. If you leave any of these lamps on, they will automatically time-out after about 20 minutes. To reset it, all of the above lamps must be turned off or the ignition key on.

It looks like you car's Battery Run-Down Protection is turning everything off after 20 minutes. I know mine dims to off after a short period of time after door closure.

Make sure that you are putting the car in reverse and see if it works, are your auto headlamps and DRLs working correctly? Just wondering if the light sensor (middle dash) is functioning correctly......maybe the reverse switch in the tranny......

Just trying to help, the manual doesn't really talk about what triggers everything to turn off after door closure.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:38 AM
BMF_C6
Pro

Of course after searching and copy and pasting the manual, it could be that you just need to push the button that controls the interior lights and dimmer that is by you left knee,,,,,lol
Old 04-26-2019, 04:56 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by BMF_C6
Of course after searching and copy and pasting the manual, it could be that you just need to push the button that controls the interior lights and dimmer that is by you left knee,,,,,lol
Also the dimmer won't work once the car is shut off.. You have to have the ignition accesory mode on, or the car running , for the dimmer to work and shut the interior lights off..WW

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 C6 interior light problem?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 C6 interior light problem?