C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Grand Sport - Odd Sizzling Sound in Garage

Old 05-14-2019, 03:00 PM
ssi
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Grand Sport - Odd Sizzling Sound in Garage

So I pull into my garage last week and exit the drivers door and I hear a sizzling sound every few seconds from the drivers side rear wheel area (like the sound of water slowly dripping on a hot pan). My ac had been on - very humid but not a rainy day - and there was a large stream of water running up the middle of the garage from the AC drain, this all looked normal to me. So is there any condensation drain in the rear drivers wheel area? I have never smelled any gas odors around this car ever (tank full or empty or anytime). Wondering...
Old 05-15-2019, 12:48 AM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 180 Posts

Did you see the that it was in the rear wheel area?

I know I hear a bit of what appears to be condensation from the AC unit that is right in the middle. I had just changed my oil and I had to make sure it wasn't oil. I pulled up and it was water. Drops right behind the oil pain area.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:41 AM
Judgebull
Pro

Received 144 Likes on 85 Posts

It’s condensate from you air conditioner dripping down on the hot exhaust pipe... they all do it ... nothing to worry about... they can be very loud sometimes...
Old 05-15-2019, 07:27 AM
ssi
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the answer I wanted to hear as I do not know the ac drain plumbing set up the car.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:29 AM
Narddog
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 111 Posts

Mine does this too.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:00 AM
SPSandman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by ssi
That is the answer I wanted to hear as I do not know the ac drain plumbing set up the car.
Yeah you should be fine. I noticed it early on and it seems they have it drain in a different place than many of my other vehicles which were more in the front near the two front wheel wells or in front of the engine. I heard the sizzle. Mine has had a mild garage/oil smell since I got it and I was concerned about a leak, but never seen any oil on the driveway and when I caught it the other day I saw the little drips in the middle of the car and heard the sizzle and found it was condensation. I guess GM wanted people to know how HOT and badass the Corvette is! Sizzle and Pop baby. I think the smell I get is just from the engine itself and the fact you are so close to everything. It isn't overwhelming, just there. I do have a very sensitive olfactory though.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:54 AM
captain vette
Safety Car

Received 1,207 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by ssi
This is why I love ❤️ this forum so much info for free and awesome friendships

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Grand Sport - Odd Sizzling Sound in Garage

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Grand Sport - Odd Sizzling Sound in Garage