C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving from MD to KY this Summer in my Centennial GS

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 08:32 PM
ScubachefVette
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Driving from MD to KY this Summer in my Centennial GS

Wife and i are taking a long weekend Road Trip this 4th of July to KY. We plan to hit Louisville and Bowling Green then to Nashville and through the Smoky Mts on return. Leaving MD and pretty much straight to Louisville

Any hot spots or suggestions for the route and or "must see places" ?

Unfortunately the Factory Tour wont be available. Any suggestions for car prep or other "rules of the road" anyone has to suggest?

Have several dates and times to be certain places, so cant stray too far off route, but would love to hear of any past experiences. Any and all feedback appreciated.

Thank You for your help
The following users liked this post:
Vettedream53 (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 08:47 PM
dr_gallup
Melting Slicks

Received 899 Likes on 585 Posts

The possibilities are endless, depends on what you like. Bourbon trail in KY can take a week if you want to hit everything or just a day in Louisville. You could drive the entire Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive on the way back. Again, that could take a week if you stop at all the scenic pull offs and hike just the short trails. Of course, there are any number of even better side roads like the Tail of the Dragon, Cherehola Skyway, The Diamondback loop, etc. Great Smokies National Park is the most visited national park in the country. Could probably spend your life there and never see it all.

Biltmore House in Asheville is one of my favorite places to take tourists. Plan on spending an entire day there.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:01 PM
hogfanandy
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_gallup
The possibilities are endless, depends on what you like. Bourbon trail in KY can take a week if you want to hit everything or just a day in Louisville. You could drive the entire Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive on the way back. Again, that could take a week if you stop at all the scenic pull offs and hike just the short trails. Of course, there are any number of even better side roads like the Tail of the Dragon, Cherehola Skyway, The Diamondback loop, etc. Great Smokies National Park is the most visited national park in the country. Could probably spend your life there and never see it all.

Biltmore House in Asheville is one of my favorite places to take tourists. Plan on spending an entire day there.

The wife and I did a trip last summer starting in Nashville. We went to Bowling Green (museum, caverns,), drove to N. Kentucky to the Ark Encounter...swung over to Charleston W. Va (state capital building is very pretty)...rode down the Blue Ridge Pkwy to Asheville (stop in Floyd, Virginia off the Pkwy and step back in time to the 1950's). We went to the Biltmore and really enjoyed it. Lots of great scenery and plenty of things to do in that area of the country.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:34 PM
captain vette
Safety Car

Received 1,214 Likes on 793 Posts

I have done the blue ridge at least 3 or 4 times it’s a beautiful road trip, Gatlinburg is a must see if you go to the Smoky mountains. Have fun
Old 05-16-2019, 03:43 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

This is a duplicate of a recent thread. Maybe the Mods can marry the 2
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ennial-gs.html

Get notified of new replies

To Driving from MD to KY this Summer in my Centennial GS

Quick Reply: Driving from MD to KY this Summer in my Centennial GS