C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colume Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 10:20 PM
Accuratepete
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Colume Bypass

On the colume lock bypass should there be a message to service it when u start and than come on every 15 minutes or so this car supposedly has bypass installed it is A 2005 c6. Help me out here thanks
Old 05-15-2019, 06:49 AM
RoadkingC6
Drifting

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

You have a 6 speed manual ? Several threads on here about GM coming out with a fix for the column lock issue, when mine got the column lock message it was just a matter of time before the car had starting problems.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:04 AM
Accuratepete
Intermediate

Car supposedly has bypass don’t want to dump $1100 into car for a fix a $80 bypass will resolve I live in nj and the dealers are rip off artist but should bypass still display volume code
Old 05-15-2019, 01:12 PM
radaga
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put one in a month or so ago, no DIC message once installed. If you are unsure if you have one two ways to find out 1. if you do NOT have to put it in reverse to shut the car off then it is installed 2. if you can turn the wheel once the car is off it is installed. I think I remembered reading some of the early bypass had some electrical issues and/or reliability issues. Read some of the old posts, you will get a very good education.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:31 PM
Accuratepete
Intermediate

Thanks I believe the wheel does not lock and yes u need to put. Ar I. Reverse once I turn off engine to shut everything down but believe this bypass must be bad as I keep getting colume lock code on doc on start up and every 15 min of driving

Get notified of new replies

To Colume Bypass

Quick Reply: Colume Bypass