Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colume Bypass

Old 05-14-2019, 10:20 PM
Accuratepete

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Colume Bypass

On the colume lock bypass should there be a message to service it when u start and than come on every 15 minutes or so this car supposedly has bypass installed it is A 2005 c6. Help me out here thanks
Old 05-15-2019, 06:49 AM
RoadkingC6
CF Senior Member

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

You have a 6 speed manual ? Several threads on here about GM coming out with a fix for the column lock issue, when mine got the column lock message it was just a matter of time before the car had starting problems.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:04 AM
Accuratepete

Car supposedly has bypass donít want to dump $1100 into car for a fix a $80 bypass will resolve I live in nj and the dealers are rip off artist but should bypass still display volume code
Old 05-15-2019, 01:12 PM
radaga
CF Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put one in a month or so ago, no DIC message once installed. If you are unsure if you have one two ways to find out 1. if you do NOT have to put it in reverse to shut the car off then it is installed 2. if you can turn the wheel once the car is off it is installed. I think I remembered reading some of the early bypass had some electrical issues and/or reliability issues. Read some of the old posts, you will get a very good education.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:31 PM
Accuratepete

Thanks I believe the wheel does not lock and yes u need to put. Ar I. Reverse once I turn off engine to shut everything down but believe this bypass must be bad as I keep getting colume lock code on doc on start up and every 15 min of driving

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: