C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette C6 Wicker Bill for OEM & Aftermarket ZR1 Style Spoiler

Old 05-23-2019, 03:52 PM
Skylane765
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Corvette C6 Wicker Bill for OEM & Aftermarket ZR1 Style Spoiler

Our team is excited to release a new product that will work for all C6 Corvette's running the factory OEM ZR1 spoiler or an aftermarket ZR1 OEM style spoiler. We're offering this product in our Standard and Dark Tint finishes and they are available now!

Product Listing: https://zl1addons.com/products/corve...em-wicker-bill

Product Fits:
  • Corvette 04-13 w/ ZR1 OEM Spoiler.
Product Finish:
  • Standard: Our standard edge has a hand machined finished edge. The material is a solid black finish that is gloss on both sides. The center piece of the wicker has a very light tinted (see through) finish.
  • Dark Tint: Our dark tint has our standard edge that is hand machined finished. The material for the sub wicker is a dark tinted (see through) finish and the center section has a very light tinted (see through) finish.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:04 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

Looks great on the back of a pickup.

What does it look like on a Corvette?
The following 2 users liked this post by Sox-Fan:
LilNutSac (05-24-2019), Vet Interested (05-26-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 04:10 PM
Skylane765
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Waiting on our customer to come down for the install on his specific vehicle, but sharing the product ahead of that install..
Old 05-23-2019, 07:23 PM
jimijam
Melting Slicks

Received 936 Likes on 582 Posts

So I would have to drill holes in my spoiler and bolt this up to my OEM? And it won't rip off while driving 120?
Old 05-24-2019, 12:37 PM
Skylane765
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Correct and no it will not rip off as long as you install the riv-nuts properly.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:18 PM
LilNutSac
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 286 Posts

How many MPGs should I expect to lose with this? Does it mount flush on the sides this time or does it have a HUGE gap like the other five companies making these??
Old 05-24-2019, 01:51 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 816 Likes on 385 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I am interested in this, but would love to see it mounted on a C6
Old 05-26-2019, 01:10 AM
ttx350z
Drifting

Received 213 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by LilNutSac
How many MPGs should I expect to lose with this? Does it mount flush on the sides this time or does it have a HUGE gap like the other five companies making these??
I’m only aware of IAC C6.5 and C7 Carbon’s wickerbills for the C6. Those all cost around $1,000 as well. What are the other companies?
Old 05-26-2019, 01:28 AM
Narddog
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 111 Posts

I like this.. subbing for updates for what it looks like installed. If you want testers, in exchange for a cheaper price for mounted pics, let me know
Old 05-26-2019, 01:52 AM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,606 Likes on 1,393 Posts

So why the see through center on the wicker lip, exactly what purpose does it serve? Why not just make the lip out of one solid piece? Or out of one transparent piece?

Just trying to understand your design concept and function, thanks.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:51 AM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,073 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Iceaxe

So why the see through center on the wicker lip, exactly what purpose does it serve? Why not just make the lip out of one solid piece? Or out of one transparent piece?

My guess is because the center section of the Wicker Bill spoiler on the C7 is clear plastic ... Maybe a "Copycat" type of thing

Old 05-26-2019, 09:21 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

There are a few suppliers of this type of spoiler extension for the ZR1 style C6 spoiler. It is what comes on the aero package on the C7 and I believe on the C7 it was for rear view.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:42 AM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ttx350z
I’m only aware of IAC C6.5 and C7 Carbon’s wickerbills for the C6. Those all cost around $1,000 as well. What are the other companies?
There is a company on eBay that sells a C6 wicker bill painted to match your car for $235. It's a great product at a great price an looks awesome. I assume this wicker lip will also bolt to that one as it appears to mount by drilling holes and using well nuts.
Attached Images     
Old 05-26-2019, 10:03 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I like the looks of this, but I have a few questions. First, others available out there are in the $1,000 range and this is less then $200. Either they are really enjoying the well known Corvette Tax, or yours is not up to the standards of the others. Second, you say it will fit an OEM spoiler, is that to say if we have an after market unit it will not fit? I mean even at the low price I don't want to buy it simply to throw it in the trash. Hope you can answer these few questions.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:12 AM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

It would be great if the OP would stop by and answer questions... but... it appears to me the original OP is selling a "wicker lip", which is designed to bolt to a ZR1 style "wicker bill". In other words you must already have a ZR1 style wicker bill in order for his wicker lip to work...

In racing terms you mount wicker lips of different height to your rear spoiler (wicker bill) in order to fine tune downforce on your rear tires through high sweepers found on different race tracks.

Or I could be wrong. It would be nice to have the info clarified and pictures of the wicker lip mounted on something other than a pickup truck.

Last edited by Iceaxe; 05-26-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:25 AM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

There is a company on eBay that sells a C6 wicker bill painted to match your car for $235. It's a great product at a great price an looks awesome. I assume this wicker lip will also bolt to that one as it appears to mount by drilling holes and using well nuts.
I'm not seeing a wicker bill in any of your pictures. I'm seeing a red spoiler with no wicker bill.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
I'm not seeing a wicker bill in any of your pictures. I'm seeing a red spoiler with no wicker bill.
That's correct, the wicker lip this guy is selling would mount to that spoiler, and that type of spoiler is called a "wicker bill" and the "wicker lip" this guy is selling mounts to that spoiler.

You need to understand the correct terminology. It's confusing because the original poster called his product a wicker bill and should have called it a wicker lip.

Or at least that's the terminology I used as a professional race car driver for 20 years and a race engineer for the next 20, your mileage may vary.

I posted the pics of my car to show what you could buy for $235 to mount this product as someone else asked what's available for under $1000.

Maybe the pic below will make it easier to understand.... Here is a Camaro with a large wicker bill spoiler with a large wicker lip attached. In some racing circles a wicker lip is also known as a Gurney Flap.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Iceaxe; 05-26-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette C6 Wicker Bill for OEM & Aftermarket ZR1 Style Spoiler

Old 05-26-2019, 12:37 PM
ttx350z
Drifting

Received 213 Likes on 177 Posts

That's correct, the wicker lip this guy is selling would mount to that spoiler, and that type of spoiler is called a "wicker bill" and the "wicker lip" this guy is selling mounts to that spoiler.

You need to understand the correct terminology. It's confusing because the original poster called his product a wicker bill and should have called it a wicker lip.

Or at least that's the terminology I used as a professional race car driver for 20 years and a race engineer for the next 20, your mileage may vary.

I posted the pics of my car to show what you could buy for $235 to mount this product as someone else asked what's available for under $1000.

Maybe the pic below will make it easier to understand.... Here is a Camaro with a large wicker bill spoiler with a large wicker lip attached. In some racing circles a wicker lip is also known as a Gurney Flap.
Well you’re incorrect as well. A wickerbill aka gurney flap is a right angle tab mounted on the pressure side of an airfoil.

A real wickerbill, the black part on an airfoil

That $235 ebay “wickerbill” you posted is just a poor fitting ZR1 spoiler. That one sits over stock spoiler that can been seen through that huge rectangular cutout for the brake light. A real/better clone ZR1 spoiler will have you remove the OEM brake light and install it in the new spoiler that has the oval cutout.

Most people associate the clear part as a wickerbill nowadays because thats what GM called it when the C7 came out.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:32 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

You're correct with everything except the poor fitting part. I've mounted dozens of spoilers from these guys on everything from Corvette's, to Mustang's, to Dodge Challenger's, to Mazda 3's. Their spoilers always fit great and the color matches perfect. Honestly I would have never trusted them at that price point on my personal Corvette if I had not been impressed with their quality and appearance from the other cars I've done. My kids and their friends are all into rice rockets and they all run spoiled from these guys which is how I first learned about the high quality at the low price point. They also have no clue how to market their product to Corvette owners sitting a top their high horse. First off the spoiler mounts with 4 bolts and not 2, and mounting is extremely easy by removing your tail lights. I mounted mine in under one hour. YMMV

Last edited by Iceaxe; 05-27-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:11 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by LilNutSac
You asked if this item has a huge gap on the sides like the other five companies products do yet when asked who the other companies are by ttx350z, you clam up. You made a statement. Now support it.

Last edited by Vet Interested; 05-26-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette C6 Wicker Bill for OEM & Aftermarket ZR1 Style Spoiler