C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver seat removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 08:36 PM
hitekcm
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Driver seat removal

Guys have a 2011 ZR! and the seat is stopped all the way to the rear. I'm sure a wire pulled loose on the harness but i can't gain access to the rear bolts. Is there a manual way to move the seat forward or any ideas?
Old 06-23-2019, 11:24 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,007 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Module that got unplugged that is causing the problems, is clipped to the bottom of seat wires towards the front.

There is enough room to get your hand up under the seat to push the connector back in and pray that is not the main wire connector that wire has cracked off it.

In this photo, look at the black box, the grey wires connector to the box, and notice that the OEM connnector red wire is cracked off the connector that the grey wire connector has replaced.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...seat-inop.html

Here is the connector to splice into to repair the old damage connector if it wires are broken.
Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
Landru (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 10:47 AM
hitekcm
Instructor

Thanks for that imfo my problem i'm pretty sure is the main harness connector coming from under the carpet and the large connector it plugs into. This happened before but last time the seat was not all the way to the rear. I thought I had secured the wire causing the problem last time but apparently not. I know the power is going to the seat because the lumbar switch has power.
I have to some how get to those rear seat bolts..
Old 06-24-2019, 11:10 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Take a look at these, they may help. Both link back to the same original discussion that has helped several here over the years.
Good luck.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...at-issues.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1590661784
Old 06-24-2019, 03:14 PM
florida john
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you get a notice about power seat problem recall? I received a letter in the past regarding this and my seat just stopped working recently. Letter instructs me to reference the notice if my power seat stops working. Haven't taken mine in yet.

Last edited by florida john; 06-24-2019 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Add to details. Keyboard problem with original post.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:49 PM
hitekcm
Instructor

Thanks very helpful I will try to power the motor in the morning. Spent 2-3 hours today just to get that pesky left rear nut off , real bitch!
Old 06-25-2019, 03:54 AM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

My issue was the actual seat power switch that separated the button portion from the electrical portion.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ould-know.html
Old 06-26-2019, 12:07 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,007 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Originally Posted by florida john
Did you get a notice about power seat problem recall? I received a letter in the past regarding this and my seat just stopped working recently. Letter instructs me to reference the notice if my power seat stops working. Haven't taken mine in yet.

Go the recall number on this, since it would be hell of lot easier for GM to just replace the entire wiring harness under the seat when the pull it, then to have to play wack a mole trying to find the bad connection in the harness yourself instead.

As for lumbar adjustment, not part of the power to the memory module (the black box that is clipped to the bottom of the seat wiring), so normal for those to work, while the seat can not be moved at all via its button. Really, with lumbar buttons working, and seat button not working, kind of screaming that the problem is the wiring to memory module itself (and most likely the power connector that I gave a link to to replace it).

Hell, put a tech II on the car, and will bank that you get a DTC code for problems in the memory module itself (no power to it/ so no comunication).
And as stated, the worst place to put the module, since every time you get in the set and out, it flexing the hell out of the wires to the module. The new connector has longer wires, and better wires that can take the bending in and out of the seat so they don't snap in a short time isntead.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:08 PM
hitekcm
Instructor

Just did a Bing search on recalls 2011 models only came up with rear hatch latch?

Get notified of new replies

To Driver seat removal

Quick Reply: Driver seat removal