C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch master cylinder/slave quick connect clip

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 04:25 PM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Clutch master cylinder/slave quick connect clip

Hi everyone. I was replacing my clutch master cylinder and everything was going fine until I was trying to reconnect master cylinder to the slave. The quick connect clip popped off and I even removed the fender and washer reservoir and I cannot find it.

Is my only option to purchase a new slave cylinder for the clip? This part doesnt seem to be available otherwise.

Thanks

Old 07-18-2019, 10:44 AM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

Just to document this for others. I have been researching and it looks like a bmw clutch slave clip has worked including some mustang owners facing the same problem.

The part number is 21521165451. You dont need the o ring that comes with it. I ordered it from a bmw dealer and it should arrive early next week. I'll update on whether it fits or not.

The following users liked this post:
Dutch08 (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 11:15 AM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by jackjohnson_218
Just to document this for others. I have been researching and it looks like a bmw clutch slave clip has worked including some mustang owners facing the same problem.

The part number is 21521165451. You dont need the o ring that comes with it. I ordered it from a bmw dealer and it should arrive early next week. I'll update on whether it fits or not.

Thank you, for contributing !!!!
Old 07-23-2019, 03:50 PM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

No good. This clip is way too small. I'll have to order the slave cylinder.

Old 07-23-2019, 05:21 PM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

No good. This clip is way too small. I'll have to order the slave cylinder.
This is the exact clip for Z51 trans cooler lines. I don't know if they are the correct ones for the clutch but they look really close as I remember. I got these off Amazon ...
ACDelco-24205103-Original-Equipment-Multi-Purpose ACDelco-24205103-Original-Equipment-Multi-Purpose

Last edited by Dutch08; 07-24-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:36 PM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

Originally Posted by Dutch08
This is the exact clip for Z51 trans cooler lines. I don't know if they are the correct ones for the clutch but they look really close as I remember. I got these off Amazon ...

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-24205...G086972ZBB2FN7

They might fit but I already ordered the slave. It was worth a shot. Hopefully someone will be able to find an appropriate replacement to avoid this pain in the ***.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:36 AM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

Slave cylinder came in and I used the clip from it to get everything back together. You should probably ranger method the after the install as the brake fluid in the new clutch master was quite dark as the part has likely been sitting in a warehouse for sometime.

Old 04-13-2020, 12:58 AM
MigMarVel
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 questions

Slave cylinder came in and I used the clip from it to get everything back together. You should probably ranger method the after the install as the brake fluid in the new clutch master was quite dark as the part has likely been sitting in a warehouse for sometime.

hey Jack i know this was some time ago but wanted to ask you about this fix b/c i am also going to tackle master cylinder replacement this week. You mention to ranger fluid from nee master cuz it got dark from sitting in warehouse. But didnt you put that fluid into the new master after install? Does the new master come with fluid in it? Do you install the new master pre-filled with fluid? Or do you install empty? Also the clip goes on top of the line or on the bottom of the line (closest to floor)? Thanks
Old 04-13-2020, 10:21 AM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

Originally Posted by MigMarVel
hey Jack i know this was some time ago but wanted to ask you about this fix b/c i am also going to tackle master cylinder replacement this week. You mention to ranger fluid from nee master cuz it got dark from sitting in warehouse. But didnt you put that fluid into the new master after install? Does the new master come with fluid in it? Do you install the new master pre-filled with fluid? Or do you install empty? Also the clip goes on top of the line or on the bottom of the line (closest to floor)? Thanks
The new master comes prefilled. You install it with the prefilled fluid. You can likely empty it and refill it with your own fluid prior to install but you will have to bench bleed it before you install. The clip goes into the line connecting closer to the bottom.

Wrap a long strip of green painter's tape around the clip or a string just in case it pops out making it easier to locate.

Last edited by jackjohnson_218; 04-13-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:41 PM
MigMarVel
6th Gear

Jack, thanks for the response. Did you have to bleed the slave after you installed the master? Or did you just install master, pump pedal a few times and you were good to go?
Old 04-13-2020, 12:43 PM
MigMarVel
6th Gear

The new master comes prefilled. You install it with the prefilled fluid. You can likely empty it and refill it with your own fluid prior to install but you will have to bench bleed it before you install. The clip goes into the line connecting closer to the bottom.

Wrap a long strip of green painter's tape around the clip or a string just in case it pops out making it easier to locate.
Jack, thanks for the response. Did you have to bleed the slave after you installed the master? Or did you just install master, pump pedal a few times and you were good to go?
Old 04-13-2020, 12:47 PM
jackjohnson_218
Racer

Originally Posted by MigMarVel
No need to bleed slave after install. Just connect the master and you are good to go.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch master cylinder/slave quick connect clip

Quick Reply: Clutch master cylinder/slave quick connect clip