C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Dam and Deflector part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 09:57 AM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts
Default Air Dam and Deflector part numbers

In case you are driving in the middle of a pitch black road at night and accidentally run over a fully laid out blown big rig tire tread, here are some part numbers to help replace the plastic parts which may break.

15233300 Right (Passenger)
15233301 Left (Driver)

15252927 Right (Passenger)
15252926 Left (Driver)

15252920 Right Duct
15252919 Left Duct

21992641 Center Deflector
20896060 Right Deflector
20896061 Left Deflector

11515638 u-nut You need 10 of these, 5 per side, 3 for air dam and 2 for connecting liner to liner extension
11547421 8 mm screw. You need 10 of these, 5 per side, 3 for air dam and 2 for connecting liner to liner extension
GM parts had issues looking up the original part numbers for the unut and screw, indicated it was scarce. They have more modern part number replacements which are plentiful now.

If you are unlucky and need all deflector pieces:
Amazon Amazon
Kit contains 6 screws and u nuts + the push fasteners for the deflectors

Bulk push pins
Requires 7 per side
Amazon Amazon

Beyond that, there's a 10mm nut and a small push pin fastener for the duct to liner extension hole which costs way too much for what a nut or plastic fastener should cost.

Anything beyond this is more significant damage to the front radiator support or bumper. In the end, I sourced the plastic parts from GM as they were well priced after taking into account shipping costs.I'd check out different online parts sites to be sure of the best prices for whatever you need replacing.

Last edited by SladeX; 07-18-2019 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:53 PM
cgladish
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 446 Likes on 336 Posts

I could have used this info a few years ago. I went through maybe 3 or 4 drivers side deflectors.
somewhere along the line, someone had used push pins instead of screws for retention.
after I lost my first deflector and show one of the push pins still remaining, that is what I thought was what used.
after losing a few more deflectors & the responses from forum members, found out these were attached using screws.
it's been over a year and haven't one yet. I've had plenty of road contact but, it's still solid.
while they don't get a lot of love, corvette mods does offer in sets, R/L side deflectors ( no screws though ).
I think it's around $70 for the set.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:09 PM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

I wrote this to put all the part numbers needed in a single post. Took me a bit of research to find the parts, but the numbers look up fine on any GM parts site or amazon. I'd recommend against getting any fasteners from GM as they over charge for them. The push style tree fasteners used to link up the air dam parts can be gotten from Help! parts for a fraction of what GM charges, and the smaller push fasteners holding the ducts are not really necessary. In fact, the fastener holding the duct at the front liner makes it a pain to remove the fender liner as you need to twist the duct to be able to pull it off the liner and you can't twist it well if its anchored into the front liner. Leaving that push fastener out means you can access and service the fog lights easier in future without having to wrestle with a push pin from below and inside the duct.

Get notified of new replies

To Air Dam and Deflector part numbers

Quick Reply: Air Dam and Deflector part numbers