C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any known fixes for stubborn convertible top?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 12:38 AM
GCRoberts
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Any known fixes for stubborn convertible top?

All of a sudden my top doesn't want to close, and is pretty stubborn closing as well. I did have an issue like this a few years ago, and like an idiot, I was just forcing it to go by hand when it got stuck. This worked for a few weeks, then it broke one of the metal supports. And of course the part that broke was around $900! It's doing a similar thing now, so my plan is to take it into the shop this week. Just curious if there are any "resequencing" procedures similar to how you can resequence your windows. With all the troubles I've had with this top, I'm not sure I'd ever buy a soft top convertible again. Have other people experience similar issues with their tops?
Old 08-19-2019, 07:42 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,708 Likes on 2,997 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I sure am glad that I have a manual soft top after reading some of the problems with the power tops. To compound the problem, some of the parts on the power tops are no longer in production
Old 08-19-2019, 09:43 AM
GCRoberts
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Actually, I think I found the solution. I found this video on youtube, and it's describing the problem and solution perfectly.

Get notified of new replies

To Any known fixes for stubborn convertible top?

Quick Reply: Any known fixes for stubborn convertible top?