C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will c6 suspension parts the same as c5 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 12:22 PM
abadsvt
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Will c6 suspension parts the same as c5 ?

Hi guys. I'm building an old c2 Corvette with modern suspension. I have all c5 pickup points for the front and rear suspension but recently came across a bunch of c6 a arms and spindles for a great price. I did some research to see if they are the same as the c5 and the only difference I read was the steering arm on the c6 was a little shorter. Then someone told me that the ball joint hole on the c6 front a arms are in a slightly different location than c5. I was hoping someone here has the answer.

I'm not using stock cradles since this going to be a custom application. Since I have the c5 pickup points for all the suspension I was hoping to use c5 parts but this deal is pretty good not to pass up on c6 a arms. I did read that the c6 spindle was a little stronger and since I plan on tracking the car occasionally this would be a benefit.

On another note. I hear the c6 zo6 has a different suspension . Do you know what the difference is? Did they actually change the geometry of the z06 compared to the base model?

Thanks in advance

Josh
Old 08-19-2019, 12:32 PM
Garry in AZ
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Can't answer all your questions, but C5 and C6 control arms have different part numbers, so I would assume they are not interchangeable.

Quick Reply: Will c6 suspension parts the same as c5 ?