C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just replaced 08 C6 auto shift knob. ISO ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 04:28 PM
R2ND2
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just replaced 08 C6 auto shift ****. ISO ADVICE

After hanging up in park a few times, always away from home, i decided to implement the fix that many on this forum recommended. I removed the console and trimmed off the piece of plastic that holds the shifter in place until the brake pedal is pushed, and now it works perfectly. I reinstalled the console and realized the plastic piece inside the shift **** was cracked. I depressed the shifter plunger and moved the car to the other garage, shifted to park and went inside to order a new ****. When i installed the new **** and shifted thru the gears it worked great but returning to park i saw the "shift to park" message on the dic. I saw another forum input on the plunger not lining up well and went out to check that. Sure enough, when i removed the shifter, although i couldnt figure out how to adjust it, the shift to park message went off. I found that if i dont shove the shifter all the way down it works perfectly. Apparently the plunger isn't lifting up enough when the **** is presses all the waay down. Problem is, i would hope there is way to fix this so that this isn't an issue down the road if i push down on the shifter down too hard. Any suggestions on how to fix this correctly?

Sorry for the long post. I used to be a government worker so this is the only way i know to write😁

Quick Reply: Just replaced 08 C6 auto shift knob. ISO ADVICE