C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 12:09 PM
maverickmk
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottStoef
Here is another question for everyone about the car I am considering. I identified two issues with the car and another one came up after discussing maintenance records with him:
  1. Seat belt light is on in the dash even if both seat belts are buckled.
  2. The power driver's side seat will intermittently move forward and backwards, but as soon as you sit down it stops moving. Even if you get back up, it does not start to move again.
  3. Oil was last changed in 8/2017, but he has only put 2000 miles on it since.
How much would be a "safe" amount to withhold from the sales price if I buy the car "as-is" to allocate towards the repairs not knowing the exact issue?
The seat belt light is most likely a bad ground, and that may be contributing to the seat issue as well, but I would use it as big of a bargaining chip as I could. As for the oil, that will need to be changed asap regardless of how many miles.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:36 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,447 Likes on 2,803 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottStoef
Here is another question for everyone about the car I am considering. I identified two issues with the car and another one came up after discussing maintenance records with him:
  1. Seat belt light is on in the dash even if both seat belts are buckled.
  2. The power driver's side seat will intermittently move forward and backwards, but as soon as you sit down it stops moving. Even if you get back up, it does not start to move again.
  3. Oil was last changed in 8/2017, but he has only put 2000 miles on it since.
How much would be a "safe" amount to withhold from the sales price if I buy the car "as-is" to allocate towards the repairs not knowing the exact issue?
That's 500 bucks worth of issues at a dealer that's clueless, tops. Minus the oil, since that's not even a problem at all. That said, they're likely loose connections under the seat. If I was the seller I would say "I will have it fixed"", unug them, and ug ththeththem back in again and watch it go away.

Quick Reply: Newbie Advice Needed