C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Shop in Dallas area

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 09:42 AM
Showdown22
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Body Shop in Dallas area

I am about to pull my front fender to do three things-replaced my headlights, replace my front(and rear) badges and to have my front bumper repainted. It has too many rock chips for my taste. FYI my car is Monterey red.

Can anyone recommend a body shop in Dallas that I can bring the bumper to and have it repainted? Also does anyone have experience with these badges? I want quality ones but the dealer wants almost $100 a piece for each one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ITYPKO0/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=A828HHPH5ON29&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ITYPKO0/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=A828HHPH5ON29&psc=1

Thank you everyone.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:32 AM
Narddog
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 111 Posts

I've had good luck with caliber collision fwiw. They lifetime warranty all their workmanship and paint.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:47 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Mike's Custom Auto Body in Desoto is an awesome shop. He does top quality work. Whatever you do, though....don't ever go to Chuck Fairbanks Chevrolet unless you want your car trashed.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:53 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,795 Likes on 4,232 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Depending on where you are - Herbs in McKinney on 380 painted my B92 carbon fiber hood & ZR1 extended spoiler. Perfect match on my Inferno Orange GS. Also painted a new hood for my wife’s Wrangler JKU Granite Crystal & perfect match. Ask for Jody.

Old 09-17-2019, 10:40 AM
Showdown22
Instructor

JABCAT your car looks great. I am in Celina so that shop is close to me. So to be clear you took your hood etc to them and they painted them? I dont want to give a body shop my car. Bad experiences :-(

Also I love the nose of your car-particular the air intake. I am still learning about C6's but is that bumper interchangeable with my C6 convertible?
Old 09-18-2019, 08:46 AM
Showdown22
Instructor

I called Herbs in McKinney and evidently they have been bought out by a big company called Collision. As a result they will no longer paint a customers parts.

When they told me this I thought of something my dad always said-"if someone does not want your money I promise you someone else will".

The search continues.

FYI-JABCAT he said he didn't remember your car. I said how can you forget an Inferno Orange corvette LOL.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:45 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,795 Likes on 4,232 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Showdown22
I called Herbs in McKinney and evidently they have been bought out by a big company called Collision. As a result they will no longer paint a customers parts.

When they told me this I thought of something my dad always said-"if someone does not want your money I promise you someone else will".

The search continues.

FYI-JABCAT he said he didn't remember your car. I said how can you forget an Inferno Orange corvette LOL.
Were you able to speak with Jody? I chat with him regularly & his wife is my insurance agent so I don’t know why he wouldn’t remember

I wonder if his painter stayed on or if he went somewhere else? To answer your previous question, yes I simply dropped off my parts & they painted them.

My bumper is wider than the Base model due to the wider fenders, so it wouldn’t bolt right up to yours.

Last edited by JABCAT; 09-20-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Body Shop in Dallas area

Quick Reply: Body Shop in Dallas area