C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help c6 no start

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 11:13 PM
Axelo
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help c6 no start

Question about my c6 base, my car did not open when i was near with my fob so i had to make my way in thru my trunk. New batteries in fob. Then i proceed to try and start my car and the clicking sound then my dash lights up and press my start button all the dash lights go dead. But i put the window wiper switch on high the car will start without my foot off the brake. So then i turn my window wiper switch off all my service lights come on and my scanner says i lost all communication with al my ecm and bcm. Any help suggestions?
Old 10-21-2019, 11:45 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Your car does not know anything about your fob being near until you either try to open the car door, try to open the rear hatch, or press a button on the fob.

Can't help you with the other activities.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:53 PM
lstoys
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Axelo
Question about my c6 base, my car did not open when i was near with my fob so i had to make my way in thru my trunk. New batteries in fob. Then i proceed to try and start my car and the clicking sound then my dash lights up and press my start button all the dash lights go dead. But i put the window wiper switch on high the car will start without my foot off the brake. So then i turn my window wiper switch off all my service lights come on and my scanner says i lost all communication with al my ecm and bcm. Any help suggestions?
Simple question, have you tried a different FOB?
Old 10-22-2019, 12:02 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

If you can repeat this same behavior tomorrow, please let us know, because it is really strange as you have related so far.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:29 AM
BackInBlack05
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Your car does not know anything about your fob being near until you either try to open the car door, try to open the rear hatch, or press a button on the fob.

Can't help you with the other activities.
TMK it does challenge the fob to start.

Old 10-22-2019, 07:51 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,663 Likes on 1,696 Posts

Very likely a car battery on its way out. Today's computer-controlled cars do wacky things when battery voltage gets low, and Corvettes seem to be particularly sensitive to low battery voltage. First thing I would do is fully charge the battery and have it load tested to verify it is still good.

I recently had my battery (at least 5 years old as it was in the car when I bought it) fail to start the car, then cause all sorts of wacky symptoms - dash lit up like a Christmas tree, exterior lights on when hooked up to the charger (including only the passenger side headlight). I fully charged the battery and the car now starts fine. I threw a set of jumper cables into the trunk as insurance, in case the battery is really bad and won't hold a charge. I don't want to replace the battery now, when I will only be driving the car occasionally for the next 4 months, unless the battery is truly bad. I will replace it next Spring unless I find out when I occasionally drive the car that the battery is bad.

Last edited by BadAV; 10-22-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:19 PM
Axelo
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by lstoys
Simple question, have you tried a different FOB?
yes. And brand new battery
Old 10-22-2019, 05:21 PM
Axelo
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by owc6
If you can repeat this same behavior tomorrow, please let us know, because it is really strange as you have related so far.
brand new batrery in car and fob. Thats the only way car starts is when the window wiper switch is on high. Frustrating
Old 10-22-2019, 07:02 PM
lstoys
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yes. And brand new battery
Could this be a ground issue, have you checked that body ground point that is almost underneath the battery? I just pulled this on mine - cleaned with emery cloth and applied light electrical grease to stop corrosion.

Edit: was battery replaced before or after this issue? If before then clean the terminals and connectors.

Last edited by lstoys; 10-22-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Help c6 no start

Quick Reply: Help c6 no start