C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0330 Knock Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 02:13 PM
samasurender
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0330 Knock Sensor

Good afternoon All,

I recently bought a 2013 C06 with 15000 miles on it on Craigslist.
The guy who sold me did not tell me there is check engine light. and when I started driving I noticed check engine light
and I checked with my OBD reader and it is showing the following codes

1. P0330 Knock sensor Bank 2 Circuit 2
when I am driving over 90 I feel I have to accelerate too much to get to 90+ speed.
2) P0449 evaporative leak.
3) Horn not working.
Just wondering if anybody has similar issues and what they ended up doing.

Thanks
sam

Last edited by samasurender; 12-09-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

P0449 may be triggering the P0330.
Info on P0330 seems to say the code can be attributed to several different sources.
Evap leak, cooling system, bad knock sensor, ks harness or bad ECM.
Evap solenoid failures are common, FWIW mine went south at 50K on my '08 Z06.
A skilled tech must follow a specified procedure (on WWW) using a Tech II to isolate what's behind issue.

Horn may be as simple as bad switch.
The following users liked this post:
samasurender (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 07:16 PM
samasurender
4th Gear

Thank you, I gave it in a shop, I will keep u posted of what they found and how much it cost.
The following users liked this post:
Landru (12-10-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 08:16 PM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,116 Likes on 693 Posts

You have an OBD reader and didn't bother to check the car with it before purchase?? just checking.

ALWAYS check OBD before buying a car. Common problem with that is seller may disconnect battery and clear codes before selling. May claim battery went dead while sitting. In that case your OBD reader needs to be a more sophisticated OBD scan tool that will display I/M monitor readiness. This will indicate if car has gone through enough drive cycles to demonstrate that it will pass an emission inspection and codes are not trying to be concealed.

P0449 evap vent solenoid - fairly common issue - about $20 with correct harness. At right rear wheel well. Not to be confused with evap purge solenoid.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:30 PM
samasurender
4th Gear

Originally Posted by C6ToGo
You have an OBD reader and didn't bother to check the car with it before purchase?? just checking.

ALWAYS check OBD before buying a car. Common problem with that is seller may disconnect battery and clear codes before selling. May claim battery went dead while sitting. In that case your OBD reader needs to be a more sophisticated OBD scan tool that will display I/M monitor readiness. This will indicate if car has gone through enough drive cycles to demonstrate that it will pass an emission inspection and codes are not trying to be concealed.

P0449 evap vent solenoid - fairly common issue - about $20 with correct harness. At right rear wheel well. Not to be confused with evap purge solenoid.
Bought it super cheap with a trade of my old bmw and some cash, so kind of took a chance

Get notified of new replies

To P0330 Knock Sensor

Quick Reply: P0330 Knock Sensor