C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible Top

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 08:04 PM
Jbee
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertible Top

I have an 07 convertible the top is black and showing the marks of the mechanisms, know of anyway to get these black again?
Old 01-18-2020, 08:34 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts

I have a 2007 with a black top as well. Since it spends a lot of time with the top down and stowed I had a very visible area that showed the patterns embossed in the cloth from contact with the mechanism. Last year just before I stored the car I went over the top with this convertible top kit from the Autoglym in UK. The kit comes with a scrubby slightly abrasive cleaning sponge that raises the flattened pile of the cloth. After a clean, rinse and dry an application of the protector and dry the patterns were no longer visible. This is an awasome product since I've had the car out in a heavy rain and the water beaded in marble sized beads and ran of as if it was motorized.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:57 PM
Trebor
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 157 Posts

I have a triple black convertible. Those marks are scuff or wear Mark's from the top material being pressed against the metal bits inside the convertible compartment. Basically, the material has been removed leaving a lighter color. Other than dying it, I don't see a way to repair it. I did try Raggtopp cleaner and protectant and it looked nice while wet, once dryed the marks reappeared.

Last edited by Trebor; 01-18-2020 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:57 AM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

Lousy design. My C4 Vert never had any top issues such as creases etc. I hope the design was better for the C7
Old 01-20-2020, 12:44 AM
Rocketmanwpb
Safety Car

Received 458 Likes on 232 Posts

I soon had the marks on my 08 vert that I purchased new. Not much you can do a bout it. So far I am still with the original top.

Get notified of new replies

To Convertible Top

Quick Reply: Convertible Top